3,424 results
All reviewspersonal driverdamnak loungeborei angkorroyal suitehour driversunset suitelandmark packagecocktail hourfourth floorprivate driverfree laundryall day breakfastbottle of champagnemobile phonefree mini bartour guidespecial thanks
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I can honestly say that I have never experienced such great service! Every single member of staff we met was welcoming and treated us extremely well. While the rooms, food and the property itself were really good, the friendly nature of the staff ensured that our short stay exceeded our expectations. We really appreciated the benefits included with the room and the way that the staff structured our stay so faultlessly. I wouldn't hesitate to return!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kawaiitraveller
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were very happy with our choice of The Privilege Floor at Borei Angkor resort. Even after reading all the positive Trip Advisor reviews, you wonder exactly what to expect, especially in a country where you have never traveled before. For example, would the guide speak good English? would the car be air conditioned? would we be happy with the quality of the temple tours? The answer to those questions is yes. We were very satisfied with the touring arrangements, on the whole. In addition, the hotel was an oasis from the bustling town of Siem Reap. The pool and spa were especially attractive. Our room on the Privilege Floor was spacious with a west-facing balcony. I will say, however, that it was much too hot to use the balcony in the afternoon, so the point of the Sunset room was somewhat lost! Temps were in the 90s during our stay in late February. Fortunately air-con worked well throughout the hotel. I want to extend special thanks to the staff members who welcomed us so graciously, including Victor who met us at the airport with jasmine garlands, Jacky who was often at the reception desk on the floor and Alex, who was not our butler but always greeted us with genuine warmth. In the dining room and lounge I always enjoyed seeing Chenda, the dining room manager, who was very professional and kept things running smoothlly. Thanks also to Mr. Say in the dining room (good luck with your upcoming wedding!) and a charming young lady we saw each day at breakfast, whose name began with C. And like everyone we enjoyed our chats with the bartender, Soukman, who made a "perfect Manhattan" for me several times (note that it was possible to order something aside from the drinks menu of more tropical drinks). Having breakfast and happy hour included in our Privilege Floor package was a definite plus. Which reminds me, I wanted to mention one of my favorite Privilege Floor services: free one day laundry service! When you are visiting temples daily you go through a lot of clothing and it was such a pleasure to have the laundry cart roll up to our door at 5 or 6 each night with freshly washed and pressed t-shorts, shorts, etc. Finally, I wanted to thank our driver Ty, and guide, Mr. Navvy. Ty was the soul of patience as he waited for us at each location, strategically moving the car to minimize our need to walk even further after hot hours of sight-seeing. He always had cold bottled water and towels for us in a cooler, and he kept the car very clean. He was also our driver if we went out in the evening. I recommend Mr, Navvy as a guide if you want detailed analysis of the temple bas reliefs, as well as the history of Cambodia generally. He grew up among the temples of Siem Reap and was a teenager during the years of the Khymer Rouge. As a touring tip, I would avoid the excursion to Lake Tonle Sap, the so called floating village. It was a long dirty ride out there, and the quality of the boat and facilities did not match up to the rest of our experiences.

Room Tip: Siem Reap is not a pretty town, so if you want to see something aesthetic out of your window, ask for a pool view. On the other hand, our town view also faced the sunset. We heard an occasional dog barking, but were not as bothered by that as some reviewers (we were in room 403).
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DianeMR
Reviewed March 2, 2014

From the time my wife and I arrived at the airport to the time we departed, we enjoyed the exceptional service and friendliness of the Privilege Floor staff. Mr. Alex took very good care of us and made us feel very special. Having a car and driver on standby throughout our stay makes the package truly value for money, and Mr. Muy, our driver, was very efficient aside from being very nice and patient. We were lucky to have Mr. Pichet as our exclusive tour guide; amazed with his encyclopaedic knowledge of the temples we visited, their history, and even the best spots to take pictures from. Kudos to Mr. Chenda and the rest of the staff at Damnak Lounge who always treated us with utmost friendliness and anticipated our needs and preferences. Won't forget the complimentary exclusive cooking lessons that Mr. Alex arranged for us with Chef Bhutong sharing his expertise in Khmer cooking. We will always remember with fondness our five-day Valentine weekend at Siem Reap : interesting sites that included Angkor Wat - one of the must-sees in our bucket list , friendly people, safe atmosphere... all those while staying in one of the best hotels we've stayed in during our many years of travel in terms of service, hospitality, perks and value for money! The Privilege Floor is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joel B
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We reserved 2 rooms for 4 nights and found our room one of the cleanest on our SE Asia trip. The Borei Angkor Hotel is wonderful and the Privilege Floor does live up to the level of service that everyone speaks of, for the most part. We did have a couple of problems which may have been due to the confusion of having 2 rooms. It seems we didn't always have the same butler which may have caused some confusion.

We were met at the airport with 2 cars, 2 drivers and 1 butler. On the way to the hotel one car made a stop to pick up an employee from the hotel. The car's AC was not working, it was a black car and the window did not open. After a long flight, I did not appreciate roasting in a hot car waiting 10 minutes for someone. As we had 2 cars, we used the car that had working AC for the rest of the day and requested that a different car with working AC be provided for our second car.

Victor seemed to be our main butler. It was arranged that the next day that we would use 1 car since we were staying local. Later that night we informed the person who was on call that we would need 2 cars after our morning sunrise tour. Unfortunately, the 2nd car was not there and it took 35 minutes for them to track down a car.

We did have difficulty at times reaching Victor by the phone which was very frustrating. I'm not sure what the problem was, although it does seem he had several people he was servicing and maybe he was busy with them since he goes to the airport on arrival/departure, or maybe it was his day off.

The gentleman at cocktail time was a hoot and the employees were very helpful and nice. The laundry service was great. We felt the breakfast on the first floor was a better choice for us as it had a huge selection. My daughter enjoyed the spa and pool was wonderful after a long day of touring the temples. Our room looked over the pool which was spectacular. The wifi was working although could be a bit slow. The food at the hotel was very good.

The drivers were very safe and friendly. Our guide was very informative and nice. Cambodia is a wonderful place and I would recommend the Privilege Floor.

Room Tip: Get the pool view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2014

From being met at the airport and escorted back at the end of your stay, it really does feel a privelege to have stayed and enjoyed the hospitality offered.
Each and every one of the staff deserve a mention, from the Doorman to the Resort Manager, but in my case, a particular mention to Ro Dahm, the resident 1st Aider who put her skills to good use when I tripped over a step in the lounge floor and split open an eyebrow! Hence the title of my review....
The Privelege Floor, the 4th Floor idyll of a luxury hotel in the heart of Siem Reap which is, itself, clean, ever tidy, has great facilities, excellent food and drink, well furnished pool area, and super spa!
Our large room with wood floor had a balcony with swing bed complete with netting drapes, king sized bed, large flat screen TV with a fist full of channels, bathroom with separate bath and shower, with a good range of toiletries restocked every day, and a complimentary mini bar with beers and soft drinks restocked every day.
The laundry service is a good reason to scale back on the amount of clothing you need - as is unfortunately, the rather limited drawer space!
The complimentary canapés and drinks in the lounge seemed never ending, served by extremely attentive staff under the watchful eye of the Manager.
Every time we left the floor, and every time we appeared out of the lift on our return, we were bade farewell, and greeted by name and with sincerity.
The Tour Guide allocated as part of the Privelege Floor Package was faultless, spoke extremely good English, and provided an excellent history of each and every one of the Temples that we visited. Our Driver was ever careful, and aware of the traffic and road conditions while we were out and about, always ready with chilled bottled water and cool towels when we returned to the vehicle.
The Privelege Floor is a place where you are welcomed, valued and respected; an oasis not only in the hustle and bustle of Sim Reap town, but in the hotel also.
The old adage of "you get what you pay for" holds well here. It's not cheap, but by Jove, it's well worth it.
I hope you enjoy your stay as much as my wife and I did - "Well Done and Thank You" to all the staff who made our visit so enjoyable, we would like to think we will have the opportunity to return some day.........

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple