“Excellent service in a high quality hotel”

The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Barcelona, Spain
“Excellent service in a high quality hotel”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

The privilege floor is an executive-type floor at the beautiful Borei Angkor resort (located quite close to the Angkor temples) with a huge plus: the Excellent service you get there from their personnel! They pick you up at the airport, provide you with a 24h car driver who will take you wherever you want (day and night), give you a mobile telephone, offer you free wifi, free minibar, free drinks from 5-7pm, free laundry service... (you name it!) and their staff will always be at your service until they take you back to the airport.

Your feel like a king in your own palace. Awesome experience! If you plan to go to Siem Reap, this is your hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 541Nacho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed December 12, 2013

In Cambodia, they say "Suo Sdei" which means hello. We corresponded with the hotel prior to departure. They asked to arrange a private tour guide and available car for all transportation. No problem, everything was arranged including transport from and to the airport as well as the entire exodus to the sights. The hotel is part of a hotel complex, with a separate floor for top service. We got given own phone that gave us direct contact with the guide, driver and hotel host. Very professional. We had many interesting talks with the hotel staff that gave us insight into the life and history. Hotel met our expectations, good swimming pool and worthy food (breakfast/dinner). Overall, says like them:-"Khnia Chuob Pel Krory” (see you next time).

1 Thank Gunnar N
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is basically like an executive floor at the Borei Angkor resort in Siem Reap but in reality, it is much more than that. From the time they pick you up at the airport and the time you are dropped off, you are treated like royalty and nothing is a problem. You have your own car and driver 24 hours a day, a mobile phone with 30 mins worth of calls, free drinks from 5 till 7pm, free minibar including alcoholic drinks, breakfast till 3 pm at the privilege floor or till 10.30 am ( I think) on the ground floor), free wifi and free daily laundry etc.
We were upgraded to one of the larger rooms with a large balcony with a swing but unfortunately it rained on the first day and the balcony roof leaked, so we could not sit on the swing for the rest of the stay since it was wet. We also got a complimentary bottle of bubbly which we enjoyed sitting and watching the rain!
The staff were absolutely amazing- the best I have come across. They knew our name within an hour or so of us arriving and remembered both of our names throughout our stay. Particular thanks goes to Justin, Jackie and most importantly Judy who looked after us along with all the other staff who were excellent.
They also organised a guide for us at $45 a day and he was excellent as well to look at all the temples.
Overall, we could have stayed here forever but alas we had to leave after 3 days.
But if you are thinking of going to Siem Reap, just book here since I don't think anywhere else can come close for the amazing service you are guaranteed.

Room Tip: Any will do
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dselvan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This hotel is a gem. Fantastic facilities and a great location but what places this hotel in a league of its own is their wonderful staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. From the moment we booked we felt cosseted and that feeling remained with us through out our stay. The warm welcome started with the airport pick up, arriving at the "Privilege Floor" things only got better. Our room was beautiful Sunset Room with a terrace which captured the sun-set and came with "extras" which are included a private car with driver available 24hrs a day, a guide and tickets to the temples at Angkor Wat, all-day breakfast in the club room and 2hr free flow cocktail & canapés plus ..complimentary daily laundry service which we made full use of. We were also given a local mobile phone with the resident host team's numbers programmed in. Within minutes of settling into our room Bunna gave us a proposed schedule for the duration of our stay of outings to see the temples. Our guide was superb and very knowledgable both about the temples and also about the best times to visit them - his timing was superb so we saw the "Tomb Raider Temple" early in the morning with almost no one else around - magical. The spa provides an oasis of tranquility - I went twice. Amongst the magical experience the hotel provided in the Sunset package was a picnic lunch near the temple complexes - a definite must! These are just a few "privileges" of being a guest on The Privilege Floor - we will definitely be back for more!

3 Thank Antonia M
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Wow! We just got back from a couple night stay at the Privilege Floor and were amazed with the service. Our driver, Morgan and a hotel concierge, Sean, picked us up at the airport and greeted us with a beautiful and wonderfully fragrant jasmine flower bracelet. Once we got to the hotel, the staff checked us in while we enjoyed some beverages and relaxed – we didn’t have to do a thing! Our room, a sunset suite was well appointed and good sized. The pool was beautiful! Two of our favorite things were the complimentary private driver and the free laundry service which was definitely needed in the high heat and humidity. I don’t think I’ve ever experienced hotel service this great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Hua Hin, Thailand
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had booked 1 night at this my first visit to Cambodia. I arrived in a wheelchair as I did have a small accident with my leg the night Before. Was unable to walk during my stay. And what a nice lounge floor inside this Beautiful hotel. The service was fantastic and included in my stay was a mobilephone that I could reach the staff with if I needed anything. A car with driver was also on duty for me 24 hours,unfortunatley with my condition I could not use it. I did not leave the floor at all for my 4 Days here and had all my meals here. The food was fantastic and the waiters excellent. So sorry I cant remember their Cambodian names but there was specially on male waiter that was extra entertaining somewhat different but very good. He even Went out on his private time and bought me 6 DVD Movies so I had something to Watch in my room. And the Beautiful girl that took care of was very attentive and was there excactly when I needed something. For the receptionstaff all was very nice but a very very special thanks to Mr Alex that helped me changing my bandage and serviced me in an extraordinary way, thanks again Alex. And Anna who took me personal to the Airport and made sure I had the help there that I needed with a wheelchair. Everyone did speak very good English even the staff that cleaned my room. I will sure be back and than I will have to see the Temples around Siem Rep. I do travel a lot and stay in many 5 stars hotels but this was more than 5 stars for me. And where I will stay is no doubt at all, The Privilege Floor Many thanks all of you!

Room Tip: Stay at the 4:th floor even if you have to spend a few dollars more its totally Worth every penny!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I was immersed in a very warm welcome as soon as I reached this "privilege floor", everyone I met there was so pleasant and made me felt at home, the hospitality I received even tops my favorite hotel in HK (The Upper House), and it was such a pleasant surprise at check-in that I was given 24hr private car with driver, complimentary daily laundry service and 2hr free flow cocktail & canape...to mention just a few "privileges" this property grants its guests.

On top of all these, I was given a local mobile phone with everyone's number programmed in from the resident host team, from Anna to Jacky to Alex and Bunna, such that I could ring any of them up whenever I need to within Siem Reap.

The relaxing environment & super friendly service was perhaps the best choice for me especially right after my half marathon race...feeling that I could just chill and go with whatever my host recommended to see the best of town, worry-free and much pampered.

If there is anything not top-notch, it's perhaps the housekeeping part (the only reason I cannot give a 10 out of 10 rating) - there were 2 glitches occured during my 5-nights' stay. I found out that my bedsheets was not changed even once after the 4th night; and a cricket mysterially turned up hiding in my bathroom on the 5th night, singing on top of its lung but unfortunately it was not the kind of music I'd enjoy after a long day...lucky for me, host team was on duty even at midnight and quickly resolved the issue by a combination of extra hands and lights and insect-spray - thank you Jacky for saving my last night's good sleep!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo