“Privileged to experience the hospitality.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR

The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR
Ranked #9 of 337 Hotels in Siem Reap
Geneva
“Privileged to experience the hospitality.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We just came back, staying 3 nights. Everything from the moment we were picked up at the airport, from a service and hospitality point of view could not possibly have been any better. The hotel employs people just to make sure everything is perfect. Alex and Jacky going out of their way to make sure we are looked after. Initially we were a bit put off by the renovation going on and the fact that our request for an extra bed had been lost. However this hotel must have hired the nicest people they could find, which says a lot as the Cambodian people we met during our vacation were all charming, courteous and super friendly. In the hotel the food was perfect with lots of choice for breakfast, a happy hour that doesn't seem to stop and unlimited laundry thrown in. The cherry on the icing was the fact that we had Thierry and his car at our full disposal all the time to take us to wherever we wanted to go - and he never ran out of cold water and cold towels.

Room Tip: We had a room with "sunset" balcony, but this was also overlooking some local dwellings wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CoffeeHans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Our trip to Cambodia can only be described as amazing. Visiting Angkor Wat and the other ancient temples was an eye-opening experience. Days after our visit, it still stirs the imagination but what made our trip even more memorable was our stay at the Privilege Floor in Siem Reap. The room and facilities were top notch and we were made to feel very welcome by the staff. Bunna, Alex, Jacky, Sean, Donma and Judy were always ready with a smile. They were eager to make our stay comfortable. We felt right at home at the Privilege Floor and it was as if we were staying with good friends who had nothing better to do but to look after our needs. The holiday package deal included everything that we needed and more. There was sparkling wine in the room when we checked in, fruit baskets, Perrier and beer in the fridge. We also had a driver and a car available 24 hours and a guide for the temple visits. Our laundry was taken care of free of charge, a complimentary bottle of wine appeared on the second day of our stay. Breakfast was excellent with a variety of fresh fruit juices. Evening cocktails were livened up by a waiter/bartender who is quite a character (although his name escapes me now). There were so many things that made our stay at the Privilege Floor so very enjoyable but it was our new found friends that made it exceptional and memorable. Thank you again Bunna, Alex, Jacky, Sean, Donma, Judy and all the others.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sunil L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately, the building was under renovation and I believe I missed a half of the impressive part of the hotel. However, their hospitality was magnificent. The hotel man, Alex was taking care of us and he made our stay very preasant one. He even let us stay until 19:00 since my flight was delayed. The driver, Ley was a gentleman, too. They let us use their hotel cell phone so that I, Alex and Ley could communicate very easily. Of course, they can speak in English fluently. I'll choose this hotel again if I could come back to Siem Reap. Thank u, Alex and Ley!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Satobon
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel includes the privilege floor which is the equivalent of a club room. Well worth the money and includes a driver throughout your stay as well as the other expected bonuses you receive in a club room. We were greeted at the airport by Alex who like all the staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel was perfect for our two night stay to explore the temples, which are just amazing. I would suggest that if you don't like to be organized then just let them know your preferences, no big deal but we did not want to go for lunch where the driver took us to so we just told him, same with another couple other of their suggestions - we just told them that we were not interested. Pub street is a great place to go for dinner, a great area for night life. We went to the club room for pre dinner drinks then had our driver take us down to pub street for dinner, a lot of very cheap restaurants with great food. We also had Alex arrange to take us to buy goods and then we delivered them to a nearby orphanage. Alex was great in organising the stores and suggested supplies including sweets (which the kids loved). It was a great experience and nice to directly donate to a cause where you get to see the benefits. if you are feeling charitable it is a humbling and sincerely rewarding feeling. All in all it was a great hotel that provided us with the facilities to thoroughly enjoy our stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank SueK58
Zushi, Kanagawa Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I visited for one week in September 2012. The hotel is massive and is decorated like a museum. Many details in every corner of the hotel display the amazing culture of the Cambodian people. The staff at this hotel is what really makes this a 5-Star hotel. The rooms are certainly above international standards with many rooms offering an outdoor sun bed to enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Upon arrival in our room, there was a chilled bottle of champangne and fresh fruit. Everything from drivers, passes to the temples, food and beverage can be handled by the exceptional staff. We dined both on the 4th floor and the downstairs buffet for breakfast and we were quite happy. Don't miss the noodle station! As for the construction, it was occuring but we were oblivious to it as it only occurs during the day while we were out touring the temples. I am certain that once complete, it will only enhance the beauty of this hotel. Our sincerest thanks to Ms. Bunna and Ms. Jenny for their amazing service. We cannot wait to visit again!

Room Tip: Sunset rooms with the sun beds are amazing!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smraley
washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am giving the Privilege Floor four stars, based on the merit and effort of its staff. The hardware is far from an international five star hotel. It is not a separate hotel as the web site would suggest. Instead, I would consider the Privilege Floor, the executive floor of a run-of-the mill tourist hotel, the Borei. The differences are separate check in and a lounge facility where you can have breakfast and evening cocktail. Otherwise, all other amenities are shared with the mass.
The stellar aspect of the Privilege Floor is its staff. I agree with the other reviews that the pick up service is superb, especially after going through the snippy bureaucracy of the custom and immigration personnel. Visa on arrival is as follows: you first go through the ugly attitude of an agent who is responsible to collect $21 USD. Then, you stand in line for ten minutes, observing ten separate agents to stamp and sign your (one) visa. Alex received us outside the custom and he was as personable and nice as possible.
It was a bit of let down arriving at the hotel; the entrance was under construction and it took a bit of snaking around a long corridor and up a lift before we could check in. The lobby was basic, as well as our room. The room was clean, had comfortable bed and furniture, but amenities sparse; the closest analogy I could use is a very well maintained motel. There is rolling black out @ 2000 every night. Toiletries were left at the hotel.
We had a passable breakfast the first day at the lounge on the fourth floor; we saw cows grazing and beautiful tiles of the adjoining houses. There is a buffet selection of pastries and cereals, and egg dishes were made to order, a la cart. The next day, we tried the main dining room and I would not recommend it. The coffee was dish water quality, but it was served with genuine smile and care. Up the four floors we went and had our caffeine fix.
We tried the spa and booked a two hour package, and all I could say is that we wanted to hop off the table after the first ten minutes. Other plus is the laundry service that is included in your bill. The highly touted evening hour with unlimited alcohol did nothing for us as we are dry folks. However, I could see the joy of alcohol after a day in the sun.
We chose to stay a the Privilege Floor based on all the stellar five star reviewed; we intended to have a little hide away, great massage and good food. We weren't expecting the large tour groups, shared lifts and substandard coffee. It would have been okay if the establishment is advertised as a three star as oppose to a five star hotel. I guess I had the expectation of something on par to a Mandarin Oriental or the Peninsula.
I have great difficulties writing padded reviews and I apologize to the fantastic staff of the Privilege Floor. These folks work extremely hard, always smiling and always obliging; I would give them a billion stars for their efforts. However, the facilities, the amenities and the other hard wares are simply not up to par with other five star hotels of the world.
My personal tip: don't bother with the local currency, everything is calculated in USD. Bring a wad of USD and start passing out around the temple.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank panam747
Hang S, General Manager at The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Panam747,

On behalf of the resident host team at the Privilege Floor - the billions stars - Cambodian young talents, and the entire management team, I would like to sincerely thank you for your constructive feedbacks and its detail. We do appreciate your time and your kind gesture.

If I may share, we have no control over the visa procedures: The government has been working hard to improve the public services in all areas in order to provide good services in such a fast growing industry. One of those is visa on arrival; in particular you did not like it as the first impression. I do HOPE that the government hear us out. What I know is that they have been working hard and tourism has been giving the priority. Likewise, the Siem Reap province government is working to improve the electric supply as the demand grows in such a historical and beautiful town.

We are very sorry to have learnt that our standard facility and room amenity did not meet your personal expectation and taste as compared to others renowned properties. We have not been resting yet, and our team are working hard to earn that recognition one day in near future.

I am most delighted to know that you have enjoyed the warm, the friendliness, the big smiles, and the attentiveness at all time from all our folks. I could humbly say that those are the unique qualities that the young and new generation of Cambodian talents got to offer to all the visitors.

On the other hand, we feel very sorry that you were not able to enjoy our privilege floor breakfast and freshly brewed coffee.
It is very rare that our privileged residents did not enjoy food quality as well as the variety selections. With the concept of the healthy trend, we do not display any hot dish; but all are a la minute made when ordered from selective menu and personalized served to our residents. I am glad that you were able experience and enjoyed the wonderful full buffet breakfast at our sister property restaurant, Bore Café, where it is opened for the public.

I wish to share with a story of a world-renowned hotel group CEO who never had a good cup of coffee until he explained. Hopefully, you would give us the second opportunity to serve you; and services will be conducted by the individual whose care is genuine with smile always.

Once again, a part from the incident I trust that you have enjoyed your visit to the Kingdom of wonders, and the good memories will keep you smiling for a long time and in years to come.

Nara Thon, VP of Guest Experience
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I spent two nights at this hotel last week and it was the highlight of my trip to Cambodia. I chose this hotel as I had read the favourable reviews on tripadvisor.com but I was uncertain about the concept of a hotel within a hotel. I traveled by road to Siem Reap and arrived feeling frazzled at the end of a long day. From the moment I was greeted at the hotel by Anna who presented me with a lovely smile and fragrant flowers, I relaxed. She understood that I was tired, had a refreshing drink brought to me and efficiently checked me into my comfortable and spacious room. Awaiting me was a chilled bottle of sparkling wine and canapes in the fridge. I found it unusual and splendid that the beverages in the mini bar, laundry, driver (available 24 hrs), drinks at the bar between 5 and 7pm and breakfast (with excellent coffee and fresh juice) were included in the very reasonable room rate. Through out my too brief stay, the staff, particularly Dom Ra were extremely kind and gracious. All of the staff assisted me in every way they could and discussed helpfully how I should plan my time in Siem Reap. Every member courteously introduced themselves and addressed me by my name. There is nothing I can say to fault this hotel. I believe there are at least 184 hotels in Siem Reap and when I return for a longer time, there's no where else I would consider staying. It appears to be a very smoothly run hotel with well trained staff who know how to give personal attention to their guests.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo