“Hands down some of the best service we've ever received at a hotel”

The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
Beijing, China
“Hands down some of the best service we've ever received at a hotel”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We just left Siem Reap yesterday and I felt compelled to write a review of The Privilege Floor. We probably spend 50-75 nights a year in hotels both for work and vacation and the staff at this hotel are some of the best trained, most customer oriented we've ever run across. The packages they offer should be what all hotels look at for ideas. Laundry (big perk for us, since we are a family of five with small children...significantly decreases the amount of luggage we need to haul), unlimited mini bar, wifi internet, daily cocktail hour with snacks and drinks, daily use of car, airport transfers, tour guide....they have thought of everything and it's all topped off with service with a smile and an answer of "certainly" to whatever request you might have. The rooms are modern and spacious, but truly the people working at The Privilege Floor are it's biggest selling point. We flew to Thailand following Siam Reap and I have to say we are all feeling a bit let down with our next hotel after our stay in Cambodia.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Seoul
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here only 2 nights (which was not nearly enough) at the end of our honeymoon and lots of days on the go. Was a great way to finish things up.

Seems to be a theme here, but it cannot be stated enough. The staff is incredible here. They definitely go out of their way to make guests comfortable. From arrival to departure, you will not find a hotel staff that tries to do as much for their guests as The Privilege Floor.

We tried the cooking class, and it was a great time. The only drawback was the short amount of time we. It felt a bit rushed, but it was a good time. Be sure not too eat too much beforehand. It is a lot of food!

The spa treatment was good as well. We opted for the De-stress package. The best part for me was the scrub; my wife liked the facial the most. But it was all excellent. I opted for medium to strong in terms of the pressure that is applied during the massage. Next time, I will definitely go for full,out strong. I think they tone the pressure down a bit for guests. I advise 'strong' if you have been out all day sightseeing or had a good workout.

Our guide for the temples was knowledgeable and well spoken. If the guide is not included in the package, it is still worth the extra $30.

The rest of the facilities and services far exceeded expectations save for spotty Internet connection at times. But this was not a major issue for us as we were not working or in need of constant connection.

All in all you are not going to find this type of value anywhere else. We stayed at a four star in Pnhom Penh. While the package was cheaper there, after all the added expenses and services we purchased (transportation, massages, meals, etc), The Privilege Floor was a better deal. And of course the services and food were of much better quality as you would expect from a five star. We are already planning another 5-day trip to Siem Reap.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Matthew W
Manila
Reviewed October 2, 2012

This hotel has one of the best set of packaged services ever with free mini bar, free laundry, free cocktail hour drinks, free car use for 24 hours, free hotel service to and from airport, and so on. Great experience. And the hotel staff are just the best. So kind, friendly, and eager to assist.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ginggay
Edinburgh, Scothcland
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I know much has arleady been said about this wonderful place, but I’d feel very guilty if I didn’t do my part sharing my own experience. I have traveled the world and stay in countless hotels. This is the first time that hotel-staying experience is ever worthy of writing a review. Sure you can buy luxury, we do it all the time. Yes you can spend to have people line up to serve you. Yes people will do everything you wish to get your money. But no it’s not really from their heart. I don’t enjoy this type of luxury and I often avoid it. I booked this hotel simply because of the convenience of having all the basic necessities settled for my trip, but I accidently stumbled upon a rare hospitality that changed it all.

Rooms are nice, but not fantastic. Food is delicious but not awesome. But when it comes to service, it’s really one of a kind. I don’t know how they train their staff or what motivates, but everyone you come across in the hotel seems completely enthusiastic about making sure you have the best memorable experience possible. You can tell they really mean it. You can feel it! If this is really a result of training, they must have a great working culture in this place. What I could tell is that everyone is very proud of being able to serve you, as if serving you is their privilege, as if they do it for a very noble cause, for their country, and that’s very respectable. Go and experience it for yourself. You must be very unlucky to experience otherwise. ☺

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Seaford, Delaware
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife, son, daughter in law, and I spent a long weekend (4 days) at the Privilege Floor in Siem Reap a few weeks ago. We were greeted at the airport by Alex (super friendly guy) and our driver (I think his name was Mr. Bas). Anyways, the friendliness shown upon our arrival continued throughout our stay by everyone we encountered associated with the Privilege Floor. This hotel was undergoing some renovations but the beauty of the place still shows through. Privilege Floor is located in a neighborhood so you get a bit of the feel of the city, which we enjoy. If you are put off by the occasional dog barking, or normal sounds of people then you will be able to complain (but I'm beginning to realize by reading some tripadvisor reviews that some people like to complain about things that I actually enjoy - like the sounds of a neighborhood).
There is a happy hour available (free to guests staying on the Privilege Floor). The bartenders /servers are friendly and the drinks are good. They have interesting finger food with the drinks.
Breakfast is great! You have a crepe station, soup station, egg/omelet station, plenty of fruits, cheese, etc...
We had our tours of Angkor Wat, and the "river houses" with a guide provided by the hotel ($30 per day). It was well worth the extra cost as he provided an excellent overview of history and allowed us to understanding the significance of what we were viewing.
Our driver also took us to places to eat dinner, buy souvenirs at the market, and even picked up some cigarettes (at a ridiculously low price - 5 packs for a $1).
My wife's and daughter in law's spa experience was EXCELLENT! The best facial my wife has ever had. The cost is a bit pricey for Cambodian standards - but you get what you pay for!
From our experience, the Cambodian people are emerging from their difficult past by partially focusing on tourism. The Privilege Floor (which is, according to Alex, fully owned, operated and staffed by Cambodians) is helping make that emergence a success.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jrohlich
Melbourne
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We went to Siem Reap for my brother's 30th birthday. It was his first trip OS so I wanted it to be great. After much deliberation I decided on The Privilege Floor, due to the brilliant inclusions in the room rate - free mini bar refill, 24 hour driver were just two of the many. And it did not disappoint. The service received from Alex and his team was second-to-none. From organising a surprise cake and gift for my brother right through to the private tour guide and brilliant cocktails, it was an absolute delight. I cannot recommend this hotel more highly to anyone going to Siem Reap. It was my second time there and absolutely the best. We all hope to go back very soon!

Room Tip: Any room on the Privilege Floor is sure to be a good one, as long as you have Alex and his team to l...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank briggas43
perth,australia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

From the time we were met at the airport by Alex and our driver everything went perfectly. We were taken up to the Privilege Floor and shown around and welcomed by the staff. Our room was spacious. The bed was a bit hard for me, but upon them asking me how I slept and I saying that the bed was a bit hard, they went above and beyond to make it perfect for me.
Having a private driver and tour guide is a big bonus as they are there whenever you require their services.
The staff is exceptionally friendly and always willing to help with anything you need.
Words cannot explain how wonderful a stay we had due to the professionalism of the staff.
Well worth staying here.