3,419 results
All reviewspersonal driverdamnak loungeborei angkorroyal suitehour driversunset suitelandmark packagecocktail hourfourth floorprivate driverfree laundryall day breakfastbottle of champagnemobile phonefree mini bartour guidespecial thanks
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed for 3 days/nights in the “Royal Suite”, with the “Royal Suite Package”.

As many have said here, there is no question of the staff’s eagerness to please. They do so with enthusiasm, sincerity, humility and considerable energy. We very much appreciated their service and attention.

Our favorable experience started at the airport being greeted with jasmine flowers and cold towels, and a swift transfer to the hotel.

The Royal Suite was a nice two room suite with 1 and ½ bathrooms. There are a couple of sitting chairs in the main room, but it is mostly taken up with a dining table and chairs. There is also a kitchenette with refrigerator, stove/oven, etc. The master bathroom has one of the nicest brand new two-person Jacuzzi tubs I’ve ever seen in a hotel. There are two flat screen tv’s in this suite. This suite has three separate balconies, each with two chairs and a table, each overlooking the pool.

All meals we had were way above our expectations. We had everything from lamb chops to Asian and Cambodian favorites. Everything was perfect, and beautifully presented.

There are some shortcomings… just FYI. Briefly : As others have pointed out, the Privilege Floor is the top (4th floor) of a tourist hotel called the Borei Angkor. It is not the most refined or chic option in Siem Reap (should that matter to you).

The floors in the hallway and the rooms are wood, as are all of the doors. The result I’m afraid is that the acoustics are not the best. We could hear every surrounding door in the hallway, next door neighbors and I think even below us, when they shut closed. Frequently, we would think someone was knocking on our door, but there was no one there. At times, it was a bit much, especially later at night or early in the mornings. There was also live music in the downstairs bar/restaurant area that was quite audible in our room…on the 4th floor, usually until about 10:30/11:00 pm. Internet was a bit spotty as well. Lastly, the SPA massages were just ok, but on the plus side they are very inexpensive.

If in Siem Reap for 2-3 days, I would highly recommend The Privilege Floor experience. The Royal Suite Package was more than I even realized it was going to be : Meals were included (in room or the restaurants), as many spa services as you chose to squeeze in, a private driver at your disposal, a guide to the temples as well as the day passes (which are normally US$40 each for a three day pass), etc. etc. You are mostly in Siem Reap to see the temples, etc. and I can’t imagine a much more capable staff to take care of your every request.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 236joshc
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Privilege Floor, and the experience from the start (pick up at the airport) was absolutely among the best I have ever had. The team here goes above and beyond to make sure that everything is as seamless and enjoyable as possible. Strongly recommend that if you visit Siem Reap that you stay here

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Only planned on staying here for a couple of days but stayed much longer because of the amazing service. The staff was fantastic. Can't wait to do it again. Staying here was truly a privilege and the staff know exactly how to accommodate and support. We felt that we had truly struck upon a gem and did not want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Travelinman45
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked this hotel for three nights for my Boyfriend and I who were meeting in Siem Reap to see the usual temples and sites and also have a special holiday together as we work on opposite sides of the world and see each other once every 3-4 months.

From the moment I contacted the Hotel staff they were exceptional, very accommodating and knowing our situation went above and beyond any expectations I may have had to make our stay incredible.

We were given a "honeymoon package" as a surprise which included gorgeous jasmine garlands, a bottle of champagne on arrival, the bed was decorated with petals formed in a heart shape and we had a rose petal bath lit only by candles waiting for us.

The staff are the most memorable aspect of this hotel. The service level can no be compared to any other 5 star hotel I have stayed in all my travels. The staff are always at your beck and call without being pushy and they carry a sincerity that a lot of other hotels lack. Mr Alex and Mr Jacky are the residents hosts and they are incredibly dedicated to making sure your stay is flawless, which it was! From the moment Mr Alex picked us up he was very entertaining yet professional and we felt so well looked after by him, his attentiveness is world class. He is a true service professional

I have to also mention Mr. Say who always looked after us at the Damnak Lounge. His smile is contagious and genuinely strives to go out of his way to accommodate you in anyway. He also helped me with learning a few Khmer sayings, even having them written for me. Taking note that my boyfriend and I were on holiday together he bought a delicious bottle of red wine to our room complimentary for us to enjoy together. He is very well informed about local food and restaurants and is always happy to lend his knowledge.

Another staff member who really helped make our stay memorable was Sokmen the evening Barman. What a character he is! Very entertaining, he would keep us laughing for hours with his great humour. Also a very skilled barman, he always remembered what kind of drinks we would like and always made suggestions that he thought we might like as well as offering to mix anything that wasn't on their menu.

Yes this Hotel is pricey in terms of Siem Reap but with all the extras, the free mini bar, the free 24 hour private car and driver - which even took us out to Banteay Srei which is an hours drive away, Cocktails and delicious canapes, the free laundry service which we definitely took advantage of (it came back professional dry cleaned perfect) and all the solid recommendations and booking services from the staff it was well worth it.

If you haven't got millions to spend on staying on a super yacht in the mediterranean but you want to experience the same level of service and dedication to making your stay as luxurious as possible then treat yourself and stay here! The hotel itself is just like any other luxury 5 star hotel but the service provided by the dedicated staff really is first class. The well trained, attentive staff are always 5 steps ahead in making sure you get the most out of your stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Danica R
Reviewed August 17, 2012

my family and i stayed 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. very professional and very sincere staff. food was superb and the rooms as well. they provide guides to the local sites and they are the best. all our needs were taken care of with a smile and a kind word. absolutely no complaints at all. we would definitely recommend the privelege floor and we will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family