3,425 results
All reviewspersonal driverdamnak loungeborei angkorroyal suitehour driversunset suitelandmark packagecocktail hourfourth floorprivate driverfree laundryall day breakfastbottle of champagnemobile phonefree mini bartour guidespecial thanks
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Nice hotel and staff overall, but definitely over-rated. Pricing is extremely marked up (not worth the "extra services"). Best for couples.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Ryu242
HANG S, General Manager at The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Thank you very much for choosing the Privilege Floor as the place of your choice during your visit to Siem Reap, Cambodia and it is also thankful that you have left great memorable experience with us.

However, it is with regret to learn that you found our rate not up to your standard and I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have personally made a special note of the points mentioned, and just allow me to share that the Privilege Floor is designed for the best of the best service to be offered to our resident from the moment s/he arrives at the Siem Reap International Airport. Our resident will then be accompanied by a Resident Host who carefully looks after them 24 hours and for the entire stay, and other privileges like a 24-hour private driver and a tour guide are also ready to deliver heartfelt services to them. Besides the unique services and all the exclusive benefits, competitive rate is offered in the market place and that generally results excellent on the TripAdvisor.

I can assure you that we would have done thing differently if we were informed about the point that did not touch your heart the most; we would have definitely worked out all our efforts to deliver the ultimate experience to you. By the way, it would be grateful if you could share your room number and the period of your stay via my personal address (sokvanna.hang@boreiangkor.com) so that I could have a chance to find out what we could have done to reach your expectation.

It is our brand promise to deliver the ultimate privilege experience to our guest and we look forward to having an opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Sokvanna HANG
Privilege Floor

Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel full of surprise. The staff did call in advance to my country asking for my flight. Even those I did traveling my hold life I never ever got that extra service . Only me that inform the hotel. And hotel provided Transfer 24hours service made me felt extremely save and felt Privilege.

And I got the birthday cake on Top overall during my staff I felt I was treated like the Queen. This is my best birthday ever. As the people working here ( Mr ALEX ,Ms. SICHAN and Mr. JACKY ) are extremely helpful.I met Ms. SICHAN at airport Smile and present me a beautiful Jasmin Garland and escort me to hotel. They upgraded me a Sunset Suite. And Mr.ALEX always give me hotel phone call to oversea. Mr. JACKY sent me the birthday cake with team to my room I really surprise . I will definitely come back again soon with my family.

So I really fully command and share my idea and experience to the other guest that looking. And you were felt the KING and Queen.

Room Tip: Room Upgraded me Sunset Suite
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank tan meishi m
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Quite much has been mentioned by other travelers about this outstanding place and we simply want to add some recent details. Apart from the excellent, unobstructive and very professional service and the excellent quality of food and beverages, we felt treated not only friendly, but even as friends. Everybody spoke english, which made communicating very easy, and no matter what we needed was fufilled - so what else could you dream about during your holiday:-)
The room was very nicely furnitured (we loved the cool wooden floor), lying on a rocking bed in the large terrace with a nice bottle of red wine (complimentary!) while listening to nearby chanting monks made us feel like maharadschas. Generally speaking: we love this hotel and we will definitely come back for more!

Our warmest regards and thanks to the Privilege Floor staff, especially to Alex and Sichan who were extremely helpful, and, of course, to Prose who showed us some of the nicest places in Siem Reap and its surroundings we wouldn't have seen without the driver service and his instinct for what we like. Thanks also to Jacky and Jasmine welcoming us and seeing us off to the airport in a very personal way, to Somsay, Voleak and Mr. Ma for his culinary skills! Compliments to Mr. Hy Tim for running such a high class and at the same time very intimate accomodation!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Erdmullfrau
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Royal Suite on the Privilege floor in April and it was a truly wonderful stay. We would thoroughly recommend this hotel, especially as it owned and staffed by the beautiful Cambodian people.

Firstly the staff were so friendly and attentive - a big thank you to Tim, Alex, Jacky and Sichan who went out of their way to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. They were only too happy to book tours, arrange drivers and attend to any request we may have had. We felt so welcome we kept referring to the hotel as 'home', because that is how it felt.

We were met at the airport by the chauffeur, Tim and Sichan and presented with jasmine lei's and cold towels to refresh ourselves.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were taken up to the Privilege floor, which is on the 4th floor (with its own private lobby and restaurant/bar) and straight to our suite, where cold drinks were waiting. We were introduced to Jacky, Alex and Sichan and given a mobile phone to use during our stay with their numbers pre programmed, incase we got stuck anywhere and needed them.

The Royal Suite is very well appointed and very comfortable, with lovely views over the pool and Siem Reap. We were impressed by the great internet which was always quick and reliable.

The hotel is so beautifully decorated in the traditional Cambodian royal palace style - lots of dark wood, marble floors large airy foyer and gorgeous silks so it always cool, airy and peaceful.

Every staff member we talked to was so friendly and genuinely happy to have a chat and ask how your day has been.

The food - whether it was in the private restaurant on level 4, the main restaurant or the poolside cafe - was of a consistently high standard. The breakfast buffet was so good, we would go down from our private restaurant and have breakfast by the pool.

The day spa was just delightful and well worth a visit. There is minor construction work going on next door but if you book in for an evening session there is no noise.

The grounds and hotel are kept immaculately clean and the pool was lovely - especially after being out in the heat!

A truly excellent hotel and we will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HSHBBH
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I feel a bit bad about breaking the chain of 5 star reviews. But, while this is a nice property, I think it does need an alternative view.

We stayed here for three nights in April 2012. First of all, a lot of what is said is true. The service is really fantastic, with the staff being very attentive. The all day breakfast is a great idea if you are visiting the temples early in the morning. It was also great having a driver available all day long.

However - what the reviews (and the website) don't always make clear is that you are basically on the top floor of a resort - the Borei Angkor. So the facilities are shared with the rest of the hotel. The pool was okay - quite large, but not much shade (most pools in SE Asia would have trees planted to give that shade). And there was a problem with the chlorine level - some other guests were complaining that their swimsuits had been stained, and my swim hat lost its colour.
The spa was quite nice, but pretty noisy with construction work next door.

Our room was nice, with a fair bit of space - but similar to other rooms we have had on our travels in the region. The main problem was on the last night when our room was filled with loud music from a party on the Ground Floor - even though we were on the 4th floor! In fact throughout we noticed a lot of noise, especially when doors were being closed.

So - you will probably have a nice time here. But it isn't perfect - especially compared to other accommodation in places like Thailand. I think 3.5 stars is about right, but I will push it up to 4 stars given the great service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family