“Delicious food and a nice change from rice and noodles!”
Review of el Camino (Siem Reap) - CLOSED

el Camino (Siem Reap)
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food and a nice change from rice and noodles!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our experience at El Camino. We spent almost an hour trying to choose between this restaurant and Viva. A bit nervous about our decision we were pleasantly surprised when we walked in to a really chill setting with a gorgeous long bar. We ordered chips and salsa and two margaritas (pomelo and an el camino) which were promptly delivered. The chips were freshly homemade and still hot. We then ordered tacos and a beef chimichanga as we enjoyed our chips so much we ordered another batch! Our food was quick, fresh, flavorful, and exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend and plan on going back for lunch tomorrow!

KESSEL, GERMANY
“Good and bad restaurants”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Well guys, I think this is my first and my last restaurant review. We went to the El Camino restaurant here in S. Reap with a lot of expectations after living for a long time abroad -China, Southamerica, Mexio - and visiting here now Vietnam and Cambodia. But after all the great reviews we are totally disappointed. Food average, no nachos, no guacamole, overpriced, dishes not arrived together, so everybody had to eat alone - and this only with our table of 4, no other guests. We learned our lesson. Anybody out there ask yourself "WHAT IS A GOOD RESTAURANT FOR YOU?" What does it make excellent for you? Cheers

• Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“There *is* good Mexican food in Cambodia!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I are from the US and we seriously love Mexican food. After traveling for two weeks through Cambodia and Vietnam and eating mainly local food, we were craving the taste of something familiar. We went to TripAdvisor and filtered on Mexican cuisine and found El Camino.
Finding the restaurant online proved easier than finding it in person. Our driver had never heard of the restaurant (he kept repeating "Ellllll Ca meeee noooo" and shaking his head). After driving around a bit (driver was a little annoyed) we finally found the street (Street 26) and then the restaurant. The power happened to be out for the entire street, but they told us they could still make us dinner. Yes! The restaurant had a very relaxed, chill-out feel and looked sort of like a service garage for cars. We liked it! The owner, also originally from the US was very laid-back and came and chatted for a bit before our food was served. I ordered the steak quesadilla and my my husband ordered some sort of fajita burrito. Both were absolutely delicious! My husband and I had 3 margaritas each! (We came during happy hour and they were only $2 each!) Seriously probably the best Mexican food I've ever had. If you are in Siem Reap, Cambodia and happen to get a craving for Mexican food, El Camino is a MUST. Fantastico! :)

• Visited December 2012
Redondo Beach, California
“BEST mexican food we have ever had!!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We live in Los Angeles and i work at a Mexican restaurant, and this is by FAR the best mexican food we have ever had! it was mouth-watering delicious!! we came here last night, and WOW!! i had the steak quesadillas and my bf had the tacos-YUMMY! i swear i have been thinking about it all day. The margaritas were top- notch and our bartender (very friendly and sweet) knew just how to make them...who knew that in Cambodia i would have had the BEST Margaritas?? the restaurant i work at back at home is always voted best Margaritas and Mexican food- and these maggies and food blows them out of the water! the owner was very nice and personable, had a nice chat with him!! we cant wait to come back!!

• Visited November 2012
Seattle
“Where Is El Camino? How To Find El Camino?”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

You've read the Tripadvisor reviews, you've been dying for some Mexican food, you can't figure out where in the &*^% this place is located! Some say it looks like a service station, others say its tucked away in an ally off Pub Street, but you've checked and it's not. . .

El Camino can be found across the river from Pub street. Take the street that is just across the river that parallels the river. Look for the street signs, they are well marked. Go away from the river onto 26th street (the only way you can go if you are following the river). El Camino is about half way down the block. There is a well marked cafe directly across the street.

Once you are there you will find exactly what you are looking for. A chilled out vibe that is away from Pub Street. An American culinary graduate putting his own touch on the great American-Mexican classics.

It is worth the walk and you will leave happy and full. Make an event of it and catch the happy hour 4-6 for the free chips and salsa and $2 margaritas.

For more about El Camino and Siem Reap, copy and paste the link below into your browser.

aroundtheworldtripping.com/2012/ 10/27/siem-reap/