Siem Reap Niche Hotel
$155
$145
Excellent 5/5
Anantara Angkor Resort(Siem Reap)
$177
  • Breakfast included
$134
$117
Excellent 5/5
Sarai Resort & Spa(Siem Reap)
$127
$72
Excellent 5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

The hotel offered a good deal on groupon and we decided to stay there. The hotel is not centrally located but not too far when everywhere can be easily reached by Tuk-Tuk.
The staff is friendly but some of them has difficulty understand when we tried to explain and asked for complex question. However, the hotel can help us arrange nice, helpful and honest tuk-tuk driver, I strongly recommend to ask for Ken (+855 86 615 918), our driver.
When arranging for seeing sunrise at Angkor Wat, asking the hotel staff about packing breakfast for you as it seems that hotel can prepare for this (but we didn't get this as there was spme misunderstanding and miscommunication).
Room is lovely but the shower doesn't come with curtain so the whole toilet was wet after the shower.

The breakfast was ok. The wi-fi was free and good. In conclusion, this was not a bad choice afterall.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent 3 night here in Oct 2013 and were somewhat disappointed in our stay here. The hotel has new management and the receptionists(and any of the other staff) can barely speak any English, making the simplest communication extremely difficult. It was also being renovated while we stayed there, which definitely did it for any chance of ambience. Maybe it will be a good place to stay once it is fully up and running, but do not recommend staying there right now.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelingforleisure
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our flight was delayed almost two hours and the Tuk Tuk driver waited at the airport the entire time! The next day he took us back to the airport so we could retrieve the luggage that was lost. The staff in early September was very nice, and prior to leaving back for the States in mid October the new management was even more so - the new owner greated us at the door, introduced us to the staff. The hotel has been redone and looks amazing from the entry, the rooms have fresh coats of paint on the 3rd floor. It is a bit out of town, however, we enjoy that and love to walk/backpack so it was no problem for us plus they have a tuk tuk driver at your disposal free of charge. Internet was amazing, one of the few places while our 5 weeks in Thailand and Cambodia that didn't drop the signal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

If coming to Siem Reap to visit the Temples the Niche hotel is a great place to stay at. The location of the hotel is wonderful; it is close to the Temples and the fun night life of Pub Street as well. The customer service is outstanding, the rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds. The hotel itself is beautiful. I didn't know what to expect when I booked the hotel because the price was so reasonable and I was coming from California, but I'm glad I stayed at the Niche hotel and would love to come back again soon.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed 18 nights at Siem Reap Niche Hotel in February and can't wait to go back next year, primarily because I know that the lovely staff will look after me and make sure that all is well. The hotel is very new, its location rather a long way from the town centre, but it's not too far to walk if you don't mind the heat and dusty roads. I found the walk past the local public & private schools fascinating, but there are always tuktuks and motos available and it's only a short ride. Mr Yann is the most helpful tuktuk driver I have ever come across, and he also helps out in the hotel as a Mr Fix-it and jack of all trades! The main receptionist, Sophea Pin, is also extremely professional and helpful. The room I stayed in overlooked the street and I enjoyed being able to observe the traffic, everyday life and various processions from my window. My room was large, cool, and comfortable and I was delighted that there was a bath to relax in at the end of hectic days exploring Siem Reap, the Angkor temples etc. Breakfast was basic and freshly cooked, but sometimes the breakfast room was overcrowded with large groups of guests who were very noisy and in a rush. A separate quiet eating area for independent guests would have been much appreciated. It's also a shame that there isn't a lounge area to relax in and chat to fellow travellers. The manager is very helpful and I was able to negotiate a very good price for my extended stay but it's a pity that they don't accept credit or debit cards. I had assumed they would and found it a hassle getting out the required cash when I discovered that their card machine was 'broken' - hopefully this will soon be remedied. As a newly built hotel there are bound to be a few teething problems, but the staff are always there to help in any way they can - and they do.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo