“Great value for money, with great friendly staff!”
Review of The Prohm Roth Inn

The Prohm Roth Inn
Ranked #211 of 485 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
“Great value for money, with great friendly staff!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff are extremely friendly and will help you with most things. Thy arranged a bus for us with ease for a good price.

The guest house is 15 walk from the main pub street area.

Rooms were very clean and were cleaned every two days.

Couldn't ask for better value for money!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Jakebonin

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

ok, so every time I search for a place to stay, I read tripadvisor reviews and if there is a bad review I want to know why, here's the list of my "whys":
1. the place is not clean, dead cocroaches on the floor in the room and in the bathroom are the evidence of not clean place...
2. there is no such thing as "free pick-up", so strongly advertised on their website. I texted the manager with information what time we come by bus but he told us to take tuk tuk as the buses don't stop in the station and he won't get in between the tuk tuk drivers who will wait for people getting off the bus. how crazy is that? well cambodian kind of crazy...
3. so we booked the double air con with breakfast and free pick up for 15$. We received the email confirmation. Then the same day of our arrival the manager texted us to come by tuk tuk we had to pay for instead of getting free pick-up. but our confirmed double wasn't waiting for us. why? well, instead we got offered - 15$ for a A/C room without breakfast in the other hotel (there are 2) or 11$ for a fan room with breakfast. Why confirmed booking meant nothing to the hotel staff? beats me, no idea!
4. there is a difference between being helpful with tourist information and advices and being super irritatingly pushy with tuk tuk drivers as answer to whatever you have to say. if you pick this hotel be prepared for the mocking. even at the moment we paid and said we are leaving to look for a nicer place, we had to listen the lithany of driving options around Angkor with one of owner's brothers. astonishing place...

All in all - you can try it yourself, sure. I have been in worse places. But the best about us staying there was the fact we found a little gem of a guesthouse just the opposite side of the road.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ana W
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
We truly appreciate all guests' reaction, reflection and review after their stay with us: both negative & positive are accepted.....
However, this review came with mean intention to sabotage our family humble initiative.

Her 1st point claim was a mere madness left behind from long bus rides, hassles at the border and tuk tuk folks outside...
You booked a double AC room on the 10th of Dec. at 10:38pm for Dec. 11th stay and requested us to pick up you when arrive by bus from the most troublesome route/border of Cambodia. Yes, free pick up is available BUT we clearly state on our website that we can NOT pick up any guests when come through Poipet border due to some complex system. Most travelers understand the issue but not this couple.

It's a very busy time yet we still managed to keep a double AC room for them. But they're a hard-to-please people. They booked room at our INN but sharply claimed when arrived that they booked at our guesthouse, our 1st hostel. They're mad when my boys explained to them how they booked and how the room was kept for them.

They accused Cambodian as kind of crazy people. We wonder in what context though, but when we look at their another review for another guesthouse on our street, we see their brightest & highest praises for the Western-run guesthouse. We don't mean that they're used by our competitors to destroy our reputation but we see that they cause bad damage to us, a local run-business.

They can accuse us of whatever kind of people we are because we don't claim to be the best place/inn and family to stay with. But take note, we don't cheat travelers; we do business with great respect for everyone and we will NOT die because of their TERRIBLE review. Thank you!
Regensburg, Germany
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Since we got sick in Siem Reap, we stayed here for almost a week! These guys took really good care of us from the beginning 'til the end. We have been traveling for three months and haven't met such nice and helpful staff in while. Rooms are great for the price. Staff is more than happy to organize Tuk Tuk drivers and onward trips. I can highly reccomend this place!

Room Tip: It does not have a pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Malaysia
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Having researched a few inns and guesthouses, I finally decided on Prohm. The tuk-tuk pick-up was at the bus station as promised and the motley crew of cousins and brothers did a superb job of welcoming me. The room I chose with air-con was spacious, sheets were clean and bathroom functional. Breakfast, included in the room rate was adequate whilst wifi was excellent.

I booked my tour separately but after the two day tour guide decided to return for the 3rd day on my own to explore more temples. I discovered that cousin # 2 did run a tuk-tuk service which was trustable and actually showed me different angle to Anglor Wat which not covered in my guided tour. Cousin # 3 provided me with the motorbike ride to the night market area/pub street. Whilst is it possible to walk, a motorbike ride / tuk-tuk ride is just $ 1 to go and $ 1 to come back which was more than reasonable.

The crew of brothers & cousins do a good job to keep the place clean, the room comfortable and always with a smile. They are a bit shy but ready to assist at any point.

Room Tip: Guest rooms which are to the left of the inn and at the back are quieter. Be aware of stairs. There...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank IndochineTraveler
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
There are words that we can't simply express but there is a small given time that allow us to express our heartfelt appreciation to you and to many others for choosing to stay at The Prohm Roth Inn. We've taken this journey with great caution and when the right time come, we really look forward to serve more people with better service and attention.. As we often say that your presence gave us so much inspiration..and so we really grateful to you for choosing our place. You've planted some hope and firm future in our life journey..
Much love and regards to all!
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

These guys were the most charming and helpful people I have met in a while.

The band of brothers (& cousins) did an outstanding job at keeping our trip stressless and organised, it was a slick operation. We had breakfast each morning and would then be taken by Tuk Tuk around the temples of our choice. After returning we were then taken by Hotel Tuk Tuk to our destination of choice for dinner. We were close to having royal service.

All of the staff were friendly and had our comfort on top agenda.

If there was one room for improvement; I would prefer a room with neutral clean colors, we had a bright blue room which I felt was a little odd, perhaps dated.

We are pleased we stated at such a pleasent guest house.

Thank you Prohm Roth team!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Joelos628
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear guests,
Once again, we thank you sincerely for staying with us and taking time to write review for us. We hear clearly your words and we'll do whatever it takes to serve everyone with grace & respect and improve our services/amenities. On behalf of my brothers, sister, cousins and uncle, I would like to wish two with greater success, sweeter happiness and stronger life journey all around the globe. Your love and presence give us great inspiration and confidence to move on!
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Huh, I didn't have any idea breakfast was included until I read it here now, posting a review. Well, that's how nice the place is, I liked it even without the breakfast! The brothers and other guys who run the place are jovial and friendly, although you may have to repeat or slow down your English every once in a while.

Rooms are clean and well outfitted. They seem to do pricing based mostly on size, which doesn't bother me. I did pay an extra dollar to get hot water which meant a much bigger room as well. Rates lower than posted on website (a sign outside, maybe for low season, stated $5-15).

Extra bonus for me, when I was sick the brothers noticed this and kept offering to make me some hot tea. How nice!

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the front of the building if you want wifi in room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lily C
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear kind guests,
Just need to express our fondest appreciation to you for your patronage and time to drop this message to let other know about your experience at our Inn.
Breakfast or not is depends on what guest pay, we receive. Small (single) room is $5, Double from $7 to $9... such rates are without breakfast, while rooms with AC are higher. Even we serve breakfast there, not every guest who stays with us is entitled to receive free breakfast. So hope it clears some doubts..
I have my cousins, uncle & brother running this inn. We do whatever we can to feed ourselves with responsibility, integrity and loyalty. These boys have broken/little English indeed as they're still going to classes. Your every support inspires us tremendously. This is our personal endeavor, not inherited from our parents.
Huge thanks to everyone who stayed and will come to stay with us!
Much love & regards, Meang
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We spent three nights here and it was only 5$ per night each with breakfast included. The air con was extra but we didn't feel we needed as we had fans and the windows had mozzie netting and could be left open. I felt very safe for the whole stay and the staff were very welcoming and helpful. The balcony is a lovely place to eat breakfast and the fruit is very tasty although as anywhere in Cambodia the bread is a bit rubbish.
Overall very highly recommended :)

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Rossssiiiieeee
Meang_SiemReap, Owner at The Prohm Roth Inn, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear all valued guests,
Warmest greetings to 'Reviewers and Readers'! On behalf of my brother, cousins & uncle, I would like to express our heart-felt appreciation to YOU for all your kindest support and recommendation. Your very words do inspire us more and more! We do our best to serve everyone with highest interest, respect & love! We would like to wish everyone with greater success, happiness and strength in every journey they take! Cheers!