Traditional Khmer Dancing at Cambodian Children's House of Peace
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were looking for somewhere to watch Khmer dancing when I came across a review for The House of Peace. This was a delightful night out. The children were very welcoming and their performances were first rate. Before each performance one of the students told us a little bit about themselves and introduced the dance. We took some school supplies with us and I recommend you look up their website and see what resources they need before going. They are very grateful for any donations. It would be a great place to volunteer as they love the opportunity to practise their English. That said, their English is very good. I took a photo of the map on my iPad so the tuk tuk driver could find it because it can be difficult to find. We went in February this year and would go back again in a heartbeat.

3  Thank Judy S

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife read about the Traditional Khmer dancing at the Cambodian Children's House of Peace on a travelers blog. We wanted to see Khmer dancing and figured this would be an interesting approach. We took a TukTuk from downtown. A 5 - 10 minute ride. (we payed him 8$ to bring us, wait, and bring us back). We didn't know what to expect, but the show was really impressive. The dancing was impeccable, the costumes where fun, the music was live, and the outside setting of the spectacle really added to the experience. The kids really go all out to present themselves, their school, and Traditional Khmer dancing at its best. You can make a donation or buy memorabilia (don't worry no pressure, all done with class) at the end to what is obviously a great cause.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I attended the dancing performance a couple of times during my stay in Siem Reap. I was very impressed by the perfection of the dance and the wonderful costumes.
The whole atmosphere was relaxed. When I arrived with the Tuk Tuk the children welcomed me at the entrance gate and were eager to show me arround before the performnce started. They showed me the wall paintings which they decorated the houses with. Very creative and smart children! They enjoyed practising their english skills with the visitors and after the dance performance they put on some other music and we all danced together at the stage.
It is an experience you should not miss and it is a great opportunity to make contacts and new friends, both with locals and other travellers!

1  Thank Anja T
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This event was somewhat out of the way but well worth the effort. The children's performance is only on Sunday evenings but they put on such a great show - so sweet and quite professional considering they are kids who live there to go to school. The dancing is a way to connect to the community and tourists so that people know what good work is going on there. It would be a lovely place to volunteer some time...highly recommended for an evening in SiemReap. Beats the more touristy dance performances!

1  Thank DarcyAndTrish
See more reviews
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We took a Tuk Tuk for a few dollars and enjoyed watching these enthusiastic youngsters trying to revive some of the traditional Khmer culture with music, singing and dancing. The children introduced each of the items and themselves and were aged between 14-18 years old and had typically been living at the home for around 5 years. Afterwards, we were invited to join them on the stage for photographs and chat.
The show itself was really entertaining with beautiful costumes and authentic instruments.
There was no pressure to pay anything, but we were shown a donations box when we asked. There is also a small gift shop, again with no pressure to buy. We did buy a book and made a donation, but we got the strong impression that there would have been no problem had we simply said goodbye and left.

2  Thank row-vers

Travelers who viewed Traditional Khmer Dancing at Cambodian Children's House of Peace also viewed

Siem Reap, Siem Reap Province

Been to Traditional Khmer Dancing at Cambodian Children's House of Peace? Share your experiences!