“Great Schnitzel for a bargain price”
Review of Haus Bremen

Haus Bremen
Ranked #194 of 869 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: German, European, Austrian, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great Schnitzel for a bargain price”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This place is a little far from old market but still walkable and worth a visit. The schnitzel was great and packed a bit of spice and the service was great even though it was us and another couple.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jimmy N

• Korean first
“Excellent food! North German as it should be.”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

A big welcome surprise to have a place like this in Cambodia. Awesome food. Awesome place. Contrary to some of the comments on here it is very close to Pub Street area (5 min) and easy to find. Just over the river on Street 26. The owner imports good German beer as well. Check it out.

Visited August 2013
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Good food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Though the location is not too closed to the town , they have a good german food there.
Regrettably, we can not find Schweinshaxe in the menu, it needs to order in advance.
Price is reasonable & taste is accepted.The only thing to improve the owner should be more friendly .

• Visited June 2013
London
“No thank you!!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I'm afraid this was a total let down. We love German food and really wanted to enjoy something special. Trip Advisor reviews pointed us to here... but: (a) it was a total mission to find this place (we nearly gave up); (b) the service was adequate; (c) when it rained we got wet! The whole area is outside but the roof doesn't cover up the whole dining area... there's only so many times I want to keep moving my chair/plate of food; (d) the BBQ schnitzel while the meat was nice, the BBQ sauce tasted like "Uncle Ben's" (a jar of processed food). In all, a big disappointment I'm afraid. Nice decor though.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank SelfConfessedFoodie
Singapore, Singapore
“Way Better Than Expected”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

First and foremost, this restaurant is no longer at Street 27. The owner (Dieter from Bremen) has moved to larger premises at Street 26. It's also quite difficult to locate as all the local maps I saw don't mark the street numbers, just street names. This seemed to confuse the majority of the tuk-tuk drivers when we asked to go to Street No. 26.
However, all you need to do is get the tuk-tuk drivers to take you over one of the river bridges at the bottom of Pub Street and then you will see the street number signs. Go up Street 26, come to the junction at the end, then go straight across and the restaurant sign is about 500 yards up the road on your left.
I'm English and live in Asia, so was originally more interested in trying Cambodian food. Although it's nice, and comparable to Thai food, it didn't have the same level of spice to it that I like.
Therefore, when my German mate suggested he fancied a taste of his homeland we went along. The owner sells 2 German beers - his favourite (can't remember the name) at USD $4.75 plus Becks USD $1.50 (Great value for money vs Angkor beer).
Dieter, his wife and Sina, the main waitress, are very friendly and hospitable.
We enjoyed the food so much we went back 3 times......
Most dishes are about USD $5.00 and I had:
Gypsy Schnitzel with Fried Potatoes plus a side salad which left me stuffed.
Freshly Made Meatballs with Mashed Potato plus a side salad which left me stuffed.
Goulash with potatoes plus a side salad which left me stuffed (Goulash was my favourite but I would have had the mashed potato with it if I ordered again).
Couldn't fault any of it to be honest and to his surprise, neither could my German mate!
Doesn't open till 5.00/5.30pm as he caters to a pre-booked tourist company at lunchtime.
So, if you fancy a change from Asian food, want decent beer, good food and don't want to hear the loud music blaring out in Pub Street, then I recommend you to pay this place a visit.

• Visited February 2013