“Food excellent as well as drinks”

Miss Wong Cocktail Bar
Ranked #73 of 1,003 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: If beer girls, big-screen TVs and $3 pitchers aren’t your style, head a block north of Pub Street to Miss Wong for a taste of vintage 1930’s Shanghai. The cherry-red lanterns that dangles from the doorway beckons passers-by. Inside, slip into one of the intimate leather booths for cocktail made from top shelf liquor or sample the home-made Dim Sum. Miss Wong is open from 6pm until late into the night, & days a week.
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Went here for cocktails on our first night in Siem Reap and ended up eating as well. The cocktails were first class. A bit pricier than some but still good value compared to European prices and very alcoholic. We had noodle soup, dim sum and duck rolls. It was all delicious and beautifully presented. The crisps which came with the drinks fee yummy. Home made. The Owner came and chatted to us and was lovley and also happy to recommend other places to eat which was good to see. Would have gone again if we had more time in the town

1  Thank mabel98
Write a ReviewReviews (1,119)

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Went to Miss Wong Cocktail Bar for some drinks and dim sum before dinner at a restaurant nearby.
My partner had a Mocha Martini- which she loved, and having tasted I agreed. I had an Elderflower Gin & Tonic- (a natural selection given my absolute love for both Elderflower and G & T), and although it had only a feint Elderflower taste, it too was quite nice.
There was a choice of I think 6 different dim sum, priced at $3 for 4 pieces- one variety only im afraid! Would be nice to have a selection of all of them for 2 people.
We deciced to try the, Steamed Prawn, Fried Duck and Mushroom. All three were very good, although my partner wasn't too pushed on the Prawn, not a big fan of steamed Rice Paper.
In total our bill came to $20. Not cheap, but not too bad. Overall, friendly staff, nice surroundings, well made Cocktails and Dim Sum.Would definitely return.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This place is really great. The decor is amazing, (especially the loo's!!) the atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming and the cocktails are really tasty. If we lived in Siem Reap we would be here all the time!

Good place to just sit and watch the world go by.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We've went here to eat dinner. Honestly, the food is only "eatable" and lacks flavor and authenticity. I have tasted Chinese food all over the world.. although it claims to have no MSG, it tastes bland. We ordered wonton noodle, chicken hotpot and tofu hotpot.

In terms of ambience, decoration is chinese but the background music playing is not chinese at all.

I'll try the cocktails the next time I visit.. maybe that's their specialty..

2  Thank Luigi C
greendeanwilliams, Owner at Miss Wong Cocktail Bar, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Luigi C,
I would like to respond to your recent criticisms of the food you consumed at my establishment. You are correct in your comment that we do not lace our dishes with Monosodium Glutamate and it is possible for diners who are used to eating food prepared with flavor enhancers that the more subtle flavors of naturally cooked food may be lost on them.
I am concerned that the criticisms you have publicly aired on this site were not brought to our attention at the time you were eating the dishes in question. My staff are fully trained to check-back with guests to inquire if they are enjoying their meals. My manager and I are very strict on this policy and if a guest were to be dissatisfied we would immediately address their concerns by providing another meal commentary and investigate the reason for the fault. I have discussed your situation with all my team and none of them received a complaint of this manner. It is unfortunate that you did not give us the opportunity to rectify this situation at the time and you have chosen to vilify our business openly.
Should you have the opportunity to return to Siem Reap please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we can offer you another dining experience or at least discuss the matter personally and find a rational resolution.
Kind regards
Dean Williams
Proprietor Miss Wong Cocktail Bar

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Miss Wong's mix of old world charm with great cocktails & food is a winner.

Staff are super nice and the drinks & food are incredible value!

I went twice whilst in Siem Reap and loved it both times.

Highly recommend.