“Great place”

Under Construction Bar & Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: CLOSED!!!!!!
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is one of my favorite places to go in Siem Reap, great atmosphere, great staff and a entertaining owner .

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Heading back to Under Construction was a great idea. The place still has an amazing atmosphere, fabulous and helpful staff and excellent food. Jacob was his usual witty and happy self and a good chat was had. I love the way that every time you go there you meet others that you know and it ends up being a brilliant time. It is definitely a place for TRAVELLERS and not TRENDY TOURISTS!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My friend and I loved the food! We ordered A LOT when we were there, and quite happily finished everything. We visited last September 14 for dinner so I might not remember the exact name of the dishes but i do remember that they tasted really really good!

For starters, we ordered Deep fried meatballs. We absolutely loved it! not at all oily and sauce really complements the meatballs.

We also ordered the following:
Pad thai - we liked their version. it has so many ingredients in it. :)
Grilled beef with lime and pepper sauce - the beef was tender and really good.
Red curry - I think we liked it too as I know we finished everything... i just forgot how it tastes.. lol
And chicken something (forgot the name) - my friend loved this. She ate almost everything!

We also ordered their passionfruit mojito. I must say I loved the way the bartender prepared it.

On off thing about the place though is that since it is an outdoor restaurant with trees), there were mosquitoes biting our legs (I used the cold towel provided on my legs so that the mosquitoes won't bite). The owners might consider putting some anti mosquito gadgets (like those with purple lights)...

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went to under construction again last night and had a wonderfull time! When I tell my kids we will go to Jacob and Carsten, it is always welcomed with smiling faces and big cheers! Both my kids love Jacob, Carsten and Jay who are always showing great patience and genuine friendliness to them. They even get away with sitting on the table while they enjoy their food. And they love exploring the under construction site! They even designated themself which is the girls or boy bathroom, since there is no sign on either of them. The Thai food at this place is very much appriciated by my wife and kids, which means it must be the very best!
I love to hang out there in the wonderfully relaxed laid back, easy going atmosphere, for a coffee or an icecold beer, chatting the time away with the staff. Being an expat here in Siem Reap for the last 6 years. Under Construction is definitely one of my favorite places in town. Nicely located away from the hustling and bustling Pub Street. For an evening of fun and relaxing.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was AWESOME. A nice break from the heat and the sun, we had lunch: I a stir fry with pineapple and cashew, and my husband a curry. Jacob (the owner/manager/guy in charge that day) sat and chatted with us while we ate, and it was nice to hear about Cambodia from an expat who has lived there for a while. We would go back in a heartbeat. The beer is cheap and cold, and they've got a wide variety of items on the menu.