“Average hotel”

Ranked #105 of 341 Hotels in Siem Reap
Dublin, Ireland
“Average hotel”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've been in this hotel from the 10th till the 16th of august. The hotel is in a good location, just 5 minutes far away from pub street and the night market.
The hotel design is really nice and the lounge is well decorated. Our room was clean and spacious enough, but there is no space to storage clothes properly.
Regarding the food, we have to say it was really good and cheap (that's why we had dinner there several times) but the breakfast is really poor. For an entire piece of bread they give you only few jam and butter.
If you want to do the laundry, absolutely don't do it in the hotel!! We spent 10 dollars for 5 kilos of clothes. Result? 2 pair of trousers completely ruined and a lot of t-shirts returned with holes all over since they sewed coloured threads on the clothes in order to distinguish them from other customers' clothes!
When I went to the reception to complain about my trousers, the reply of the guy was simply "I'm sorry but some trousers loose colour".
If I ever come back to Siem Reap I don't think I'll book again a room in this hotel! Really average one!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chiara G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I could never forget the hotel staff's warm gesture in welcoming my friends and me with iced lemon grass tea served uniquely in coconut shell. The hotel ambience was top-notch and to say the rooms were clean and comfortable was an understatement. The free breakfast was as delightful as the hotel decor, rich in traditional Cambodian flavour. Strategic location, good service and in a nutshell, just wonderful!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HK_Wong90
Philadelphia
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Extremely good service, excellent location, and, super clean hotel. One thing to note is beds are firm foam, which probably doesn't matter except we were ill durning our stay and slept a lot. We really appreciated the care and concern of the staff, especially Perry, and their flexibility when we needed to change our plans and rest. Food was pretty good and they delivered to our room when we needed. This was a side trip for us from Thailand, but we really liked Cambodia and hope to return!

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have been traveling 6 weeks and this was one of the best in all of Asia. The staff is amazing and we toured with Sim and Sinar.(I'd request them) the arranged great tours and really went above and beyond. The hotel was modern and very clean. *****

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flhsco
Reviewed July 29, 2013

A friend recommended this hotel and it was just what we needed at the end of our 3-week stay in Cambodia. We stayed 3 nights. The staff always seemed thrilled to see us. When we skipped breakfast one morning because of a tight tour schedule, the woman at the desk expressed concern and called the kitchen to order that toast and bottled water be brought down for us. The cleanest floors in all of Cambodia due to their no shoes policy. We'll be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank orcoast97365
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Everything was great right from the moment we arrived.
Very friendly staff who spoke reasonably good English. They made us feel welcome and served up a nice cold drink with banana chips and a hot towel to freshen up. After a long journey from Bangkok that was very nice indeed.
We like the idea of taking our shoes off as we entered the hotel.
The decorations were so beautiful right from the lounge downstairs all the way up to our room upstairs. Location was great as there were so many places for us to eat. Many laundry service and shops near by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that right at the end of the corridor so you won't people walk past your room whe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Villa Medamrei was helpful and responsive in accomodating and arranging to all of my requests (and I made many requests). The staff were friendly, the decor was great and the food in the hotel's restaruant was awesome. Initially, I was skeptical on the slightly higher room price of this place as compared to other guesthouses in the vicinity. However, I am now convinced that it is truly value-for-money.

Special thanks to Thol, the tuk-tuk driver of Villa Medamrei. He was an honest and sincere guy who shared many local cultures with me. Together with him who made my Siem Reap experience spectacular was my guide, Robin Houd. He took care of me while leading me to the off-the-tourists' tracks, where the views of temples were captivating and photos were great. He was lively and energetic, and was truly excited about the temples (even though I am sure he had been there countless times). I learnt a lot from the both of them just during the 4 days.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo