“Couldn't ask for more”

Villa Medamrei
Ranked #104 of 339 Hotels in Siem Reap
“Couldn't ask for more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Villa Medamrei was helpful and responsive in accomodating and arranging to all of my requests (and I made many requests). The staff were friendly, the decor was great and the food in the hotel's restaruant was awesome. Initially, I was skeptical on the slightly higher room price of this place as compared to other guesthouses in the vicinity. However, I am now convinced that it is truly value-for-money.

Special thanks to Thol, the tuk-tuk driver of Villa Medamrei. He was an honest and sincere guy who shared many local cultures with me. Together with him who made my Siem Reap experience spectacular was my guide, Robin Houd. He took care of me while leading me to the off-the-tourists' tracks, where the views of temples were captivating and photos were great. He was lively and energetic, and was truly excited about the temples (even though I am sure he had been there countless times). I learnt a lot from the both of them just during the 4 days.

1 Thank Junexh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
east bay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We tried to get into the Steung hotel because I have stayed there before, but it was fully booked. Good thing! The villa medamrei is a great little boutique hotel near the market. Less expensive than the steung with much higher quality rooms and service. Don't miss this place, and don't judge by the street view. Go inside and experience the spa like feeling. We will definitely be staying here again next year.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank simpleman316
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at this charming villa. It is close enough to walk to the main drag that houses all the bars and restaurants, but far enough away to get some relaxation. The staff and customer service was terrific. You seriously cannot find a better value. The hotel set up an Angkor Wat tour for us and made sure our stay was special. I also really liked the restaurant upstairs. They have a nice balcony and the breakfast was quite tasty. The rooms are simple, clean and efficient. I would highly recommend this spot.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is amazing for the price. I stayed 8 night to the 15th July and enjoyed everyday. The hotel is clean and the service is unbelievable. Modern rooms with flat screen t.v. I paid about $30 Aussie a night for the room and breakfast. Close to town and well located. This place will not disappoint!

1 Thank Peter M
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Villa Medamrei for three nights, but would have gladly stayed longer. The location is perfect! It is on a side street that is an easy walking distance to the central market (7 minutes). The wifi was great and the man working the front desk was exceptional. Actually, all of the staff were exceptional. The front desk easily arranged tours and were very welcoming. The room was spacious and well decorated. I loved the welcome drink and banana chips as well! The only area for improvements (if you really want to be picky) would be that the room is a little dark. Also, be mindful that if you book through Agoda, there may be errors in your booking so you might not get what you want. Overall, I can't imagine why you'd want to stay anywhere else in Siem Reap. It has been my favourite hotel on my trip. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

1 Thank jmarti123
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

A very clean, stylish hotel with all the modern conveniences you might expect of a 5 star hotel at well 1 star prices. Probably, the best bargain in Siem Reap. Over the years I have stayed in many hotels in Siem Reap. This is the hotel I choose to return to. The staff are excellent - very accomodating. Breakfast on the 2nd floor is filling. The downtown location is excellent for evening explorations and the rooms are modern and chic. Really it is hard to fault. I will be returning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank JamesH1066
Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were very glad that we made the right choice to stay in this hotel throughout our trip from 3rd to 7th July. The hotel staff were really polite and accommodating. I made a special birthday surprise arrangement for my wife earlier on and they made it very successful. I had them to decorate the room and prepare a cake. My wife was very surprised and happy. Cake was good too.

Siem Reap is rather a dusty place, but the hotel manage to keep the dirt out. You will need to take your shoes off at the lobby. It's all clean inside.

I like how attentive the staff are. We were greeted with cold wet towels, banana chips and a refreshing drink while waiting for our room. Throughout our stay, the staff never fails to smile and greet us whenever we pass the lobby. They would take interest in how was our day and trip. They can be very helpful with information on travel. They can understand English very well.

As for the hotel breakfast, the staff were also very smiley and polite. Our breakfast were always nicely prepared. The mini breakfast area is very bright and airy. Don't have to worry about the weather outside.

As for added facilities, their WIFI connection works very well. Unlike some hotel which promotes free WIFI but unusable most of the time.

The most rewarding part from staying in this hotel, is to learn that when you see everyone smiling, you can't help but to smile back at them. It gives a good start for your day and end of your day as well. It will naturally brighten up your day and mood no matter what when you see all of them smiling.

I'll certainly be back for the next trip. Thanks staff of Villa Medamrei! You guys made my stay very memorable and wonderful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank KelvinfromBorneo