“STAY HERE!!”
Review of Villa Medamrei

Villa Medamrei
Ranked #123 of 373 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Villa Medamrei for three nights, but would have gladly stayed longer. The location is perfect! It is on a side street that is an easy walking distance to the central market (7 minutes). The wifi was great and the man working the front desk was exceptional. Actually, all of the staff were exceptional. The front desk easily arranged tours and were very welcoming. The room was spacious and well decorated. I loved the welcome drink and banana chips as well! The only area for improvements (if you really want to be picky) would be that the room is a little dark. Also, be mindful that if you book through Agoda, there may be errors in your booking so you might not get what you want. Overall, I can't imagine why you'd want to stay anywhere else in Siem Reap. It has been my favourite hotel on my trip. I would stay there again in a heartbeat

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jmarti123

Reviewed July 9, 2013

A very clean, stylish hotel with all the modern conveniences you might expect of a 5 star hotel at well 1 star prices. Probably, the best bargain in Siem Reap. Over the years I have stayed in many hotels in Siem Reap. This is the hotel I choose to return to. The staff are excellent - very accomodating. Breakfast on the 2nd floor is filling. The downtown location is excellent for evening explorations and the rooms are modern and chic. Really it is hard to fault. I will be returning.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank JamesH1066
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were very glad that we made the right choice to stay in this hotel throughout our trip from 3rd to 7th July. The hotel staff were really polite and accommodating. I made a special birthday surprise arrangement for my wife earlier on and they made it very successful. I had them to decorate the room and prepare a cake. My wife was very surprised and happy. Cake was good too.

Siem Reap is rather a dusty place, but the hotel manage to keep the dirt out. You will need to take your shoes off at the lobby. It's all clean inside.

I like how attentive the staff are. We were greeted with cold wet towels, banana chips and a refreshing drink while waiting for our room. Throughout our stay, the staff never fails to smile and greet us whenever we pass the lobby. They would take interest in how was our day and trip. They can be very helpful with information on travel. They can understand English very well.

As for the hotel breakfast, the staff were also very smiley and polite. Our breakfast were always nicely prepared. The mini breakfast area is very bright and airy. Don't have to worry about the weather outside.

As for added facilities, their WIFI connection works very well. Unlike some hotel which promotes free WIFI but unusable most of the time.

The most rewarding part from staying in this hotel, is to learn that when you see everyone smiling, you can't help but to smile back at them. It gives a good start for your day and end of your day as well. It will naturally brighten up your day and mood no matter what when you see all of them smiling.

I'll certainly be back for the next trip. Thanks staff of Villa Medamrei! You guys made my stay very memorable and wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank KelvinfromBorneo
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Villa Medamrei, and if we were to go back to Siem Reap, we would surely return there. We stayed seven nights total, taking some trips elsewhere in Cambodia and returning to Siem Reap as our base. We actually considered staying at another hotel in order to have access to a pool, but we decided that we liked our spot and could simply pay to use a pool at a larger hotel. (We learned that Villa Medamrei is building another hotel nearby with a pool, and that guests at both locations can use the pool when it is completed). The rooms were attractive, affordable, cool, and quiet; the location was also perfect for quick and easy access to restaurants and shops. But what most charmed us were the staff who were all kind, welcoming, and solicitous. Checkout time is noon, but the staff at Villa Medamrei let us know that we were welcome to use a room to freshen up before our 11:30pm flight. Thank you, Villa Medamrei!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I have not even finished my stay and I'm already writing a rave review. Under thirty dollars with breakfast. The service is excellent and the rooms are very nice. Good vibes everywhere. I was welcomed by the lovely receptionist hien (I think that's how you spell it) I was shown to a comfortable lounge with reading material to wait while she booked me in. Another man brought out a coconut cup of delicious juice which you drink through a lemon grass shoot and a bowl of dried banana chips. I was reticent to leave the waiting area to go to my room I was so content.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the Villa Medamrei for 7 nights. Loved everything about the hotel. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Ate some dinners at the hotel and the food was very good, and inexpensive. Loved sitting out on the deck and looking out over at the city street below us. The location was so centrally located, just around the block from the old night market. Would love to go back and would definetley stay again at the Villa Medamrei. Great value for the money. Thank you to the wonderful staff!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended! We stayed at Villa Medamrei for 3 nights - great place to stay. Very good location - short walk to the markets, Pub Street, etc. Clean and comfortable rooms, nice breakfasts (included), friendly staff. We hired a tuk tuk driver for two days to take us around the Angkor temples thru the front desk - he was great too - very friendly and always managed to spot us amongst the crowd as we exited the temples. Great place - highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2013