“The best Hotel on our Trip! Just perfect!”
Review of Villa Medamrei

Villa Medamrei
Ranked #113 of 361 Hotels in Siem Reap
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Villa Medamrei in Siem Reap was the big surprise on our travel through cambodia and vietnam. It's a new and perfectly designed boutique hotel near the old market in siem reap. The staff is very helpful and friendly and they all know, what it's need to run a good hotel and to be a perfect host. It's the details of everything, which are make Villa Medamrei to the perfect place to stay. It's the warmly and heartily welcome with drink, and flowers etc. It's are the details of the perfect styled room and the good food and service and the nice and good breakfast. We are traveling in South-East Asia since more than 11 years and we never found a bigger positive surprise than this. We liked it very much. We have been there for two nights and celebrate also the unbelievable New years eve at siem reap and it was the best new years eve party since years - forget full moon at ko phangan and go to siem reap - it's better, funnier and much more party!!! We are a couple aged 31 and 41 and traveled together with the sister of my wife and a friend and the young people (21 years old) liked this new years eve party and the hotel very much. They always want to go back to siem reap - all the time.
Short: Thank you people from villa medamrei, it was just great and your hotel is best value!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights.

From the initial relaxed greeting, to my departure, I found the staff very helpful, friendly and attentive.

My single room was a good size, clean, quiet and well appointed, it appeared to have been recently refurbished so had new very effective, and quiet, air conditioning. There were a few points where the decor seemed not to have been quite finished off ... the walk in wet room appeared to have not been painted (but could have just been painted plaster grey), but the shower was hot and worked well.

The included breakfast was minimal but decent quality.

Located very near the Centre of Siem Reap, but far enough away not to pick up the noise.

Free WiFi worked well in my room.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Restaurant is on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2012

I heartily agree with the other reviews: there is something very sweet about this hotel.  The staff is very friendly and helpful and you feel that they sincerely want you to have a good experience. The hotel is fairly new and has a well-kept clean feel - the  decor leans toward what I'll call "modern Buddhist".  There are fish pools and drapery in the lobby common area.   The interior hall pathways are lined with stone.  And you remove your shoes upon entering and spend your time barefoot (as does the staff).

The rooms themselves are small but comfortable, efficiently laid out, and have some fun visual  touches.  The air conditioning in rooms works well and is very welcome after a long day at the temples.

Here are a few other details that some travelers may care about. The lighting in the room was subdued.  While adequate, it wasn't great for bedtime reading.   The bathroom is also quite dark, and there is no mirror light.  I found I needed to open the bathroom door to get enough light to shave.  Also know that because the common areas are open air, a mosquito or two get into the room particularly in the morning and toward dusk. We easily dealt with them by spraying Off along to the bottom of the door.  Honestly, we didn't get bitten at all.  Also, but for the wall of the adjoining building there was no view from our window - we were happy to have the privacy and the respite from the sun that our limited view and air con provided.

I look back at our stay here with delightful memories.  And what a bargain!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel -- it is located within walking distance of the night markets and "Pub Street" in Siem Reap. I was able to easily arrange for a tuk tuk to pick me up at the airport (complimentary). The staff was very welcoming on check-in, and they provide a wonderful lime drink and some strange (banana?) chips. They arranged both a tuk tuk and a guide for my trips to Angkor Wat. The guide seemed very knowledgeable.

The rooms were quite cool, which is amazing considering how warm it is in Cambodia. The a/c worked great and kept things nice and cool. There were a few mosquitos in my room, but nothing that bothered me much. The bed was one of the softer ones I had on my trip to SE Asia. The room is decorated very nicely and the TV worked well. I thought the breakfast selections were very good. I had a great omelette on my second day there.

The hotel is located on an unpaved busy road, so it can be a bit of a pain to walk up the street to the main shopping/eating area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We arrived to Siem Reap at night and really tired, we had booked with a cheap hotel (actually we did it in the border of Poipet because we knew that it was going to be a long journey and didn't wanted to look for a hotel so late: Big mistake!). So after leaving our stuff in the cheap hotel the first thing we did that same night was to check around and we found this amazing place: Villa Medamrei.
We didn't thought it twice and we booked right the way for the next night.

The lobby is great, nice decoration, really peaceful.
While we wait to get us to our room, they gave us some cool drinks (lemongrass iced taste, reeeeaaally great!!!) and snacks, nice detail.
The room is really comfortable, great big bed, cable tv, hot shower, products, clean bed linnen and towels, A/C.
The hotel also has a great free wi-fi connection and computers in the lobby.
They have also a Restaurant, we had only tried the breakfast that is good.
The staff is helpful and friendly. They helped us to arrange a tuk-tuk for Angkor, they explained us how to get to the night market and restaurants (5 minutes walking from there), they gave us a map of the city and information for our next bus.
We recommend: If you are planning to stay long, check with the reception your dates because its a requiered hotel, and many people book in advance.
We really enjoyed to stay here, and we really recommend it if you want to have a good rest, no preocupations, helpful, friendly staff, and quality. It worth it!

Room Tip: We got a room in the second floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Our stay began with a special offer on the room followed by a delicious free lemon juice! The staff were always friendly, asking how our days had been and saying hello. The attractive boutique design of the place continued in our room which had a very comfy bed with clean sheets (makes a real difference!) and great tv selection. Villa Medamrei is the jewel in the crown of Siem Reap guesthouses. One nuisance was the mosquitoes in our room but deet soon sorted that out.

Room Tip: Get a room on the left side of the corridor (up and downstairs) - they get more light and some have...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I don't usually write online reviews but I'd like to express my sincere appreciation for Villa Medamrei. After a long trip from Bangkok we were warmly welcomed by the owners and got the keys of our beautifully decorated room. The breakfast was excellent, the staff very helpful and extremely kind. When my husband and I decided to change our plans and extend our stay they did their utmost to make our holidays unforgettable. I'd definitely recommend this boutique hotel to anyone travelling to Siem Reap. Rossella

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple