We booked Son last minute because we had problems with our first guide. And I'm glad we switched, because we had a great time with him. These are the reasons why you should book with Son:
1) Very affordable. His rates are the usual tour rates - $25 for the guide, $25 for the driver/car. I've seen a few guides that had higher rates. It was worth it, because you get 'extras'.
2) Extras - We had 'unlimited' bottled water and cold towelletes throughout the tours.
3) Very thoughtful - My friend had a tough time dealing with the heat on our first day, even with our water and sunblock and shawls. Son brought umbrellas for us on our second day, and it really helped us during noon time.
4) Very flexible - We were never in a hurry, he followed our pace throughout.
5) Very knowledgeable - He explained the background and history of all the temples we went to. He knew his stuff! It wasn't just a spiel, because we had questions, and he was able to answer them. His english was good though I have to admit that there were some words we didn't understand right away.
6) Photos - He knew the best spots for photos! He would tell us the good spots, and would wait for us to take our photos. He took good photos too, he knew how to include the temples in the background.
7) Friendly and funny - Son has a funny laugh, and it was such a pleasant experience going around with him. Admittedly, he had some jokes that we didn't understand, but hearing his laugh would make us smile.
I highly recommend Son - good people deserve to do well!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.