“educational, valuable, fun”
Review of Angkor Wat Service

Angkor Wat Service
Ranked #399 of 889 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Mr Rotha is a taxi driver for two languages English and Spanish. This private and independiente service has been accredited by Ministry of Tourism in 2008. We have served thousand of tourists traveling within Cambodia. Tour : a day trip to these sites below is available in Siem Reap: Koh Ker, Kulen mountain, a thousand lingas, Beng Melea, Tomb Raider, Kbal Spean. Car rental, van, 4 wd car, bus, and others.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

My partner and I engaged Son for a 2 day tour of ancient Siem Reap. It was a very educational tour, enlightened by stories of the buddhist-hindu Cambodian beliefs, and explanations about the differences in stone carvings. We watched the sunrise at Angkor Wat and he scheduled the day to avoid too many tourists. Our favorite places were Beng Melea and Banteay Srei. We climbed through temple ruins in the jungle. It was a great experience and we were very well taken care of. Son took us around on a 4wdrive, stocked with cold water and towels. Perfect for the hot weather!

Son is also great at pointing out great photo taking spots for that perfect touristy shot so just ask.

1  Thank ShillyO
in 19 reviews
"cambodia"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was our first adventure into Cambodia and we were looking for some personalised service. We contacted and arranged for Son to look after us prior to arriving, based on our web research. Son provided us with suggestions to fit in with the wishes that we had sent to him. Now that this visit is over, we are able to highly recommend Son and his team for an excellent job done in awesome style. Every arrangement was on time and perfectly executed. Son is a very affable man, most welcoming, super helpful and has a great amount of knowledge and passion for the area around Siem Reap including all of the temple attractions. As our tour evolved Son provided a flexibility that could not be given with a large group and we were able to modify our adventures to suit which allowed us to include things that we had not arrange prior. Son provided us with an unforgettable experience which has whetted our appetite to return to Cambodia.

1  Thank jbelbin
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I spent a great two days with Mr. Son and our Tuk Tuk driver Mr. Long visiting a selection of temples and the Tonle Sap floating village. It was my first time in Siem Reap but I had done a bit of research beforehand so knew which temples I wanted to see. I emailed Mr. Son first to see if he was able to tailor his tour to fit in with what was on my list, as a couple of places were quite far away, and not only did he get back to me very quickly, answering all my questions, he also came up with a timetable which incorporated everything I wanted to see. I then booked the tour last minute once I was in Cambodia and again Mr. Son got back to me promptly and was waiting for me the next morning.

From the start of the tour to the finish, Mr. Son was warm, entertaining, accommodating, and very knowledgeable. His english was impeccable and he could always answer any questions I had, whether they related to the sites we visitied or Cambodian life in general. As he used to work with the University, finding new temples, he has an Archiological background which I think really made the difference in his understanding of the sites.

I was travelling alone so having a good tour guide was really important - Mr. Son really did enhance those two days for me. He always took me to the spots which were quieter, showed me the best angles to take photos from, and even recommended the best dishes to have for lunch. I also found the price that I paid was very reasonable, compared to other tours that I had looked into, especially considering that I got to choose exactly where I went.

I would highly recommend Mr. Son as a guide and if you're still looking around then it's always worth just dropping him an email as I found that his response really helped make my mind up.

1  Thank Kittenmouth
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was visiting Siem Reap with a group of American and Spanish friends so I contacted Son because he spoke both English and Spanish. For four full days, Son took us to all the important temples (Angkor, Ta Phrom, Bayon, etc.). Even better, he also took us to the not so typical tourist attractions. We went to the War Museum which was an amazing, moving experience for everyone. Unfortunately, most tourists prefer not to visit it but I highly recommend it. We also requested to go to dinner at a local Cambodian restaurant that absolutely did not have any tourist and Son was more than happy to take us there. And with the hot and humid weather, Son and his always reliable driver, Thon, provided an endless supply of cold water and cold towelettes for us. They even had umbrellas in the car in case we got rained on.

During our entire visit, we were so glad we had Son as a guide. Son was like a walking book and never got tired of answering our numerous questions. He also was very good at trying to avoid the crowds so you could actually enjoy the sights in peace. If we needed something (ie. laundry services, a massage, a change in itinerary), he always made it happen. He is also incredibly patient. And the best part is his giggle. He's always giggling and it's contagious!

As a guide Son was exactly what we needed: knowledgeable, flexible, accommodating, and patient. But in the end, Son became more like a friend you've known for a long time. We are very grateful to him for teaching and humbling us with the stories of Khmer life, and lastly, for showing us the beautiful country that is Cambodia.