“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cambodian Trails Private Guided Angkor Tour

Cambodian Trails Private Guided Angkor Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The specialist in tailor made private guided Tours in Siem Reap and Angkor. From daily guided tours to Angkor Wat, Bayon , Ta Prohm, Preah Khan, Pre Rup, Angkor Thom, Beng Melea, Phnom Bahkeng to the more remote Preah Vihear, Banteay chhmar, Koh Ker and even Sambo Pre Kuk. Experience the authentic Cambodia in the privacy of your own group of family or friends accompanied by one of our special guides and riding in our insured fleet of 4wd Land Cruisers. For your comfort we try hard to avoid the crowds and will assist you in your trip planing to reveal you all the wonders the Kingdom has to offer.
Graz
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My friend and I booked 2 days with Thy, an excellent tour guide. We had 2 interesting days. Thy knows everything about the places we went in Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm, Bayon, Banteay Srei and the Floating Village. He also gave us an understanding of the country today. And most of all: We could feel that he loves his country. We liked his sense of humor and we appreciated his concern about our well-being (it was very hot). So we can strongly recommend Thy als an educated, human and caring Tour Guide. Thank you, Thy!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Christine K

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Tour Guide!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My friend and I booked with Cambodian Trails based on reviews we’d read on Trip Advisor and we were so glad we did. Our whole day of touring the beautiful temples was everything we had hoped it would be and it would not have compared without our wonderful guide Thy. He was such a special young man and his knowledge of the history of the temples is so vast it is mind boggling how he could retain so many facts and tell us the tales of the stories depicted on the long walls of the temples. He was kind and generous and very open and we learned so much from him about the temples, the history of Cambodia and of Hinduism and Buddhism, of the war and about him and his family.

There were a couple of things we wanted to change about our itinerary for the day and Thy was happy to accommodate our changes and adjust the day to suit our needs. Thy looked after us well for the entire day, ensuring we saw the best vantage points for the temples, keeping us away from the big crowds and providing water and cool towels in the air conditioned car.

When we travelled to Siem Reap, I accidentally left my camera battery charger behind in Bangkok so had to pick up a new one in Siem Reap as soon as we arrived. I charged it the night before our temple tour day but after taking about six or seven pictures at Angkor Wat my battery died. I nearly wept...of all the days to not have a camera!! Thy offered to take photos throughout the day with his iPhone of any shots we wanted and then sent them to me via email the next day - we were so grateful to him.

The experience of having an interesting, personable guide with terrific historical knowledge of the temples and of Camboida, makes the experience of seeing the Angkor temples so much fuller and richer and I would highly recommend Thy and Cambodian Trails.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank TigsGirl
Raleigh, NC
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Fantastic 2 Days!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time with our guide, Mr. Thy (pronounced "T").

Day 1 - Thy, a certified guide, picked us up early so we could see the sun rise over Angkor Wat. He knew just the spot to sit, on the wall which surrounds the large moat around Angkor Wat, while hoards of tourists were rushing inside (where the view is limited) to see the sunrise. There were only about a dozen other tourists scattered along a few hundred feet of wall. The sight was stunning as the sun rose behind Angkor Wat and the famous, spectacular image of Angkor Wat came into view. We then toured Angkor Wat, learning the history and meanings of the symbols throughout the enormous complex, as most of the tourists left just after sunrise. Thy then took us to all the other major sights, Angkor Thom, Bayon, etc. We then went past Angkor Wat in the late afternoon so we could get a photo, from the same location as we had at sunrise, with the sun shinning on the front of the temple complex.

Day 2 - Thy showed us the other major temple sights in the Siem Reap area and took us to Kompong Floating Village. Since we had seen floating villages before, we didn't expect Kompong to be very different, but it was. We came down the river by private boat, but February is in the middle of the dry season and the houses that make up the village (about 3,000 people) are sitting "high and dry" on 20-foot poles. Thy took us to the main street in the village and when one looks down the street with the "bamboo-skyscrapers", as he dubbed them, it leaves an indelible impression. As we walked along this street it was obvious that people were poor but very happy. Kids were in school or playing outside. Laughter and chatter could be heard throughout the village. We then continued down the river to Tonle Sap Lake where we ate lunch on a floating restaurant and watched the young boys on their long, narrow boats fishing with nets in the same manner as was practiced hundreds of years ago. It was a very memorable experience.
During the day, we drove through many villages in the countryside, giving us a good opportunity to view life in rural Cambodia.

We had a great time!! Thy was outstanding! His English is excellent, his knowledge is vast, and he is a very nice person. He made our private tour as "custom" as we hoped it would be. Just let him know your interests. It was our good fortune to have Thy guide us.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Ed_and_Ann
Princeton
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We took a 2 day tour with Thy. My criteria for judging tour guides are stringent. I am not satisfied to just hear some amusing stories. I expect a guide to explain what I am seeing, and to describe the historical context. I also expect a guide to provide intelligent answers to my questions on these subjects. Thy excellently satisfied my criteria.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank ARPrinceton
Omaha, Nebraska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible Guides - Saw Everything!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Thy Ing took our group out to all of the temples in Siem Reap in one day. He knew the best place and time to start so we would not be worried about crowds or lines. We saw everything at our own pace and got lots of great, personal pictures. In addition, Thy was able to share history and insight into the sites, and speaks English well. Not only that, he was able to recommend good local restaurants (beyond those found on Pub Street). The air conditioned van and bottled water were ideal for a hot day. Thy and our driver were very friendly and if I ever get to go back to Cambodia I will be sure to tour with them again.

Visited March 2012