“a quiet oasis in the city”

Frangipani Villa Hotel II
Ranked #154 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Frangipani. The rooms were beautifully decorated, and very comfortable. You are close to everything in the city, and the pool was to die for surrounded by gorgeous frangipani trees. The restaurant was beautiful, and there was always a bit of variety at breakfast.

While all of these things made the Frangipani great - the thing that I will go back for is the service. From organising tuk-tuks and tours from trustworthy providers, to organising a last minute flight. The number of times I saw staff at all levels within the hotel go above and beyond their job description- nothing was too much effort for the amazing team there. Truly exceptional!

Room Tip: spend a little more for a room overlooking the pool... money well spent for the amazing view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The bedroom was fine and relatively comfortable. Relatively good A/C. No real sitting area. The bathroom was lacking. Very little light, no towel racks; the shower is a hand held arrangement, which is fine except that it is situated such that you must take it off its holder in order to use it which I find inconvenient. The first set of towels smelled of mildew, I was there in Nov, very hot and humid. I realize it is difficult to provide drying for their laundry but I expect clean smelling towels. The location seemed to be ok, I had hired a tuk tuk for the weekend I was there and therefore did not spend time walking around on my own. I do not believe it was too far from the center of town. I would not likely stay there again, largely as a result of bathroom facilities.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I booked this hotel as it had the LP top Choice sign of approval. Now there was nothing at all wrong with the hotel, for the price, it had a good location, beautiful old mansion, pool, beautiful gardens, charming rooms, excellent breakfast and delightfully helpful staff. BUT...
I booked on the hotels website OR SO I THOUGHT. There are two options when doing this and make sure you choose the INSTANT option. I chose the other and went ahead with a booking on "direct with hotels" naturally I assumed it implied what it said.
I booked on the 21st of Oct to arrive on 16th Nov 3 &1/2 weeks ahead. Two days later I changed my dates to arrive on the 23rd Nov and added an extra day. For this I was charged, from my Visa, a 100% "modification fee" naturally I was surprised but thought that it meant they had charged me ahead. NOT SO when I arrived at the hotel they said they were going to charge me the full amount again as that was the booking agents fee. BUT I BOOKED DIRECT WITH THE HOTEL I said. No you didn't, you booked with "direct with hotels" a separate agent apparently. Well I was not happy with this to say the least but was told nothing could be done until Monday as the head office was closed. I must say the staff were very understanding agreeing with me that there must have been a mistake.
I walked out and threatened them with exposure on Tripadvisor. I did come back after going to Battambang and they were very helpful indeed, this is no reflection on the hotel itself only their misleading website.
That was my experience I DID FINALLY GET SOME MONEY BACK but had to pay for one nights accommodation that I didn't use.
Beware

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are definitely the best Get the corner family room if you like more...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

This is a very good value for money hotel. The rooms are spartan but very clean. However, they need to purchase new towels. The bath towels were so thin that they barely absorbed water when toweling off.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. They organized tour guides for us on short notice and allowed us to do a 2 day tour consisting of an afternoon, a full day and a morning. The pool is a big plus after several hours of sightseeing. The food is also quite good & reasonably priced.

Definitely a good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This was my second trip to Siem Reap, this time with my adult daughter and her friend, and we decided we wanted to be in town, able to walk to Pub Street restaurants and the night market. The Frangipani had great reviews and was a terrific price. The reviews were accurate. The place is lovely, bright and airy. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, especially if you like a firmer mattress. Good shower pressure in the modern bathroom. Breakfast which was included was good and plentiful and included both asian and western choices with lots of fresh fruit and made to order eggs. Great location. Nice pool. We didn't use the spa, so no opinion on that. Staff throughout were helpful, professional and very friendly. My daughter's friend liked it so much when she returns with her family, they are staying here. I'd definitely return as well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I had a great stay at this hotel. It has a nice atmosphere about it and the staff are very friendly and service minded. The rooms are nice, very comfortable and clean. It is located just behind a busy road, but I have had no trouble with noise. Pubstreet and the nightmarket can be found within a 10 min walk. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed at superior single room for 3 nights.
The room itself was not big, but no wonder because I reserved a single room though.
A/C worked OK, no problem with water temp and pressure in bath room, lots of TV channels, free bike, convenient location to town. No negative impression at all!
In addition, all staff were really friendly and helpful. They kindly arranged my one-day trip to Banteay Srei and Meng Mealea with a driver, and a reception lady reserved a restaurant near hotel for me.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo