“Great villa in Siem Riep”

Frangipani Villa Hotel II
Ranked #167 of 486 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
UK
“Great villa in Siem Riep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great welcome from the hotties on reception, great banter and great fun. The hotel was not far from any of the main sights: it was perhaps 30 minutes by foot from the many attractions. We were offered free drink when sewer repair work had to be done, noise didnt bother me; rooms are clean and with a/c open. Actually, the hotel had a nice modern design and good food. What a great hotel in Siem Riep! Don’t miss it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a bad experience at the Frangipani in Phnom Penh and asked our tour company to switch this reservation, but they insisted we try it out. It was MUCH better and kind of cool. The layout was contemporary and artsy. The rooms were ok. They were kind of small and dated, but ok. It was a great location and easy tuk tuk ride to the market and dinner. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast was not that good, but the pumpkin soup at dinner was delicious. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for the price.

Saigon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I placed my reservation for the trip in May but due to some personal reason I couldn't make it. My booking was non-refundable. However, the hotel nicely offered me to change the date. So I made it to August. The hotel was nicely decorated that really impressed me upon arrival. White and blue were the theme colour that made you feel peaceful and fresh all the time (especially when you had breakfast at 6:30 by the swimming pool!). Check-in procedure wouldn't make you wait for long and the staff knew how to take chance to introduce the hotel and its facilities while guiding you to my room. It's a technique, and believe me, not all hospitality staff could do it! Room was lovely, clean and always well made up when I returned in the evening. They also provided safety box inside the room so you could always feel safe with your valued stuff. Well-trained staff were a big plus of the hotel. They were all really friendly and always offered to assist you. They didn't just only smile but always try to greet or talk to you anytime they saw you, excellent service that you couldn't even find in 5-star hotel! I had nothing to complain. The location was good. It took me about 10 minutes to walk to Pub Street and less than 5 minutes to go by tuk tuk. The swimming pool was decent but I didn't have time to try it. They served basic international breakfast with bread, jam, bacon, noodle or congee, etc but sure it would provide you enough energy to explore Angkor!!!

Room Tip: I stayed on 2nd floor and the room was nice. I believe the hotel knows how to maintain the quietness...
Elmore, Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friend I recently spent 5 nights staying at Frangipani 8/21/12-8/25/12 and were very pleased. The hotel was clean, good food, nice pool and spa services (a bit pricier than in town) but lovely staff. We were greeted each morning by thoughtful and cheerful staff. EVERYONE SMILES! The entire staff was what made our experience so lovely. One of the few times I felt I was staying at a hostel or home rather than a hotel. They recommended an EXCEPTIONAL guide, Mr. Keo. He was one of the most amazing men I have met. My friend and I are both teachers and we found his patience and knowledge explaining the temples on the 3 day tour the Franipani recommended simply put: changed our lives. The Cambodian people have such courage and heart, it was hard to leave. I strongly recommend you also visit the Children's Hospital during your stay. Dr. Richner and his staff put together a cello concert each Saturday and donations help the hospital. The Frangpani staff also recommended our tuktuk driver Mr. Saren. He was only supposed to drive us to Angkor Wat and not serve as a tour guide, but enthusiastically wanted to try his English and shared some heartwarming and courageous stories about his life. I left this hotel feeling like I had been guided in the correct direction. I departed Cambodia with new friends from the hotel and the services offered. I hope the manager of the hotel recognizes these exceptionally hardworking and friendly people employed here. As a former manager, this really was outstanding five star customer service. I've been fortunate and blessed to travel the world, but Cambodia and the people I met via this hotel was an exceptional experience.

Room Tip: Did not have a room with a view, but did not spend much time in the room. There is nothing flashy ab...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

A great place to stay in Siem Reap. The pool is great to be able to relax round after visiting the Angkor temples. Ask for a room looking over the pool, we hadn't and the 'view' was another building right up opposite the window! Don't have dinner there, this is a great hotel and not a restaurant! The staff are super-friendly and helpful. Great great value.

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay here. The rooms are very clean and I mvery picky. I also loved the decor and open air feeling of the
Lobby. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly. With all that and a free breakfast...what's not to like! I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed August 2012
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed at frangipani hotel in Siem Reap for five nights in June and had a fantastic experience. We arrived in Siem Reap via shared taxi from Battambang without accommodation booked and proceeded to frangipani based on good reviews. Thankfully they had rooms available.

From the cold towels and juice on arrival (they were fantastic on a day with 37+ degrees) to the pool, to the nicely fitted out rooms, this place was a very well run hotel. It was a $2 tuk tuk journey into town so the location was fantastic. The service was polite and friendly and professional. The hotel spa which we discovered on our last day was also very nice.

Good points:
Rooms
Pool - nice setting and loungers
Staff - friendly and hospitable
Wifi
Music played in the lobby each evening
Location
Breakfast by the pool was also very nice.

At $40 per night this hotel was at the higher end of our budget, but we didn't mind paying more for te extra comforts.

• Stayed June 2012