“The perfect place to relax and restore energy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre
“The perfect place to relax and restore energy”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed at hariharalya for a week after recommendations from two travelling friends. I really enjoyed my time there, and liked the freedom of the place, with bikes on offer I took a bike ride daily either to the local markets or the nearby temples and found myself hanging out by the art and craft shed a lot of the time too. The food was of a really good quality and the relaxed vibe of the place was perfect for a rest between travel. It was really beautiful to experience some of the village life outside of Siem Reap and meet like minded travellers.

Thanks hariharalya for your hospitality, I'm sure I'll be back again in the future :)

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Finnish first
San Diego, California
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I spent a week here at the start of my trip to southeast Asia. it was such a gentle transition to being in Cambodia. The food was healthy, delicious and plentiful, the grounds are absolutely gorgeous, and the village is beautiful. The bamboo huts and the rooms are adorable, and the main house and common areas are so lovely. I loved riding a bike to the village's morning market to explore, interact with the uber-friendly villagers, and taste all sorts of new, delicious things. I've never done any chanting and not much meditation but I really came to love spending days full of meditation, chanting, yoga and relaxing. My stress and anxiety completely dissolved here and I met the most fascinating people, some of whom I continued to travel with and many that I will keep in touch with. The staff is amazing and really is fantastic at doing everything possible to make sure you are taken care of and are enjoying your stay -- I was so impressed! I was exposed to many different styles of yoga and meditation and teaching styles, which I loved. The atmosphere is so open and non-judgmental -- nothing like the competitive nature of yoga programs often found at western studios. There are also all sorts of fabulous workshops and day trips -- I visited the hidden temple and went to the floating village and loved both. As I've continued to travel, I've heard rave reviews from tons of people who have been to or have heard about Hariharalaya. It is clear that this place is getting better by the day with all the effort from the staff to make it the best possible retreat and growth experience, and I'm really excited to see how it grows. This trip was exactly what I wanted and needed, and I believe my experience will continue to transform my personal practice and growth even as I return home. Spend some time as a Hariharalaya guest and your future self will thank you for it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have now visited and re-visited this auspicious place many times. Nestled near the ruins of Bakong temples this place remain a vibrant and down to earth community which never cease to amaze us for the fullness and the emptiness, the lush and the raw, the rain and the sun, the in breath and the out breath. The rooms in the house are clean, the huts are paradisiacal, the bathrooms numerous, the outdoor shower under the mango tree, the food mmm... scrumptious ,the staff adorable and super helpful. I found it amazing to be able to live near a small village where people remain authentic and so smiley and where very little tourists ever visit. The teaching received have been heard and embodied, the practice of being - here and now. Merci, we shall return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I only had 5 days at Hariharalaya. I wish I had a month. Such a beautiful, peaceful setting. I loved the yoga and meditation classes that started each day. The knowledge and wisdom Joel shared with us in Dharma talk was great. And the food.....what can I say, my taste buds were having a party, some of the best vegan food I have eaten.
Joel, his wife and the rest of his great team have created such a wonderful place in Hariharalaya and I highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed one week at Hariharalaya, and I fully enjoyed my time there. It's a place full of opportunities for you to grow and explore yourself. Plus you meet awesome people there!

I celebrated my birthday in there and it was lovely. The mostly comfortable and calm birthday I have had in years.

I personally love yoga, meditation and psychology. And I met such inspiring people at Hariharalaya with regards to all three things. Next time I am in Cambodia, I'll definitely come back to learn more.

A special thanks to Pazit and Kobi. I have tried tons of yoga classes around India and Asia, but your yoga sessions together seriously rock! And so does your meditation sessions, especially the chakra meditations! Thank you:)

Only big challenge at Hariharalaya is the big spiders in the huts. They made my nights a little tense. But on the good side - after I left all spiders seem small, haha.

• Stayed February 2013
Kleinarl, Austria
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I originally came across Hariharalaya through the Workaway website but after checking out their own site there was real value for money with meals and accommodation included. I decided to join the resort via the 14 day student program for motivational reasons I figured I would get the most out of my time via the set routine required of me. From the minute that I arrived I was blown away, this is what I had been looking for all my life. The support and guidance I received while I was there was outstanding and the amount of stuff I learned about myself and life in general will stick with me forever for the first time I didn't feel alone in my believes and felt comfortable sharing and learning from others. At first it was tough, there is a wealth of information you are hit with right from the start and I felt physically and emotionally drained for the first few days. But as you get settled into the routine everything starts to fall into place and make sense and I just can't recommend it enough. My advise is just to let yourself go and make the most of your experience there. In the student program morning meditation, midday meditation and evening meditation are compulsory as is 3 days of Karma Yoga hour per week. There are optional afternoon workshops to attend to every day too and asides from the vast amounts of self reflection time, it was from these I really learned a lot. Personally I think it would be easier to loose to midday meditation, however there is of course flexibility if you want to take some time out to look around or take a tour to the local temples. My one gripe if I had to pick one is the local neighbours who can get a little bit noisy at times with celebrations and ceremonies however this is part of Cambodian culture so don't expect total peace and serenity all the time. Would I go back? Definitely.. I just wish there were Hariharalaya's everywhere so I had somewhere new to travel to and check out all the time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Worth going .. a space for healing, self awareness, understanding and peace.. love and bliss can emarge from your soul if you simply open your heart and breath.. wonderful people are coming there, to meet , learn and grow.. thank you hariharalaya for letting me grow, dance and be .. lots of love and bliss ...

• Stayed March 2013