“A Life Changing Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I was the oldest guest at 76 years old, but I felt that everything had been laid on for my benefit. I have had a rich and varied life, but this was a new experience for me. I had a neeper hut and hammock facing the garden which bloomed in the beginning of the rainy season. I had not done yoga since my twenties, yet I found the teachers gentle and understanding and the effects hugely beneficial. I was encouraged to exercise my will over bodily and mental distractions and to enter into peaceful and joyful meditation. I greatly enjoyed meeting the inspiring teachers, the warm and interesting other guests and I loved the food (including fresh mangoes from the garden) and the periods of silence. I adjusted to the noise of the neighbouring Cambodian weddings and was thus with the continued inspiration of Joel, the director, helped to learn to find inner silence when surrounded by noise of the modern world.

I greatly look forward to returning – well into my nineties!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at Hari for 8 days in total, it was exactly the kind of experience I needed. Home cooked vegan meals three times a day, yoga meditation, acupuncture, massage, reiki a workshop in EFT & TAntric workshop. Met some incredible & like minded people. Rooms were simple but clean and pleasant. Library on site, lots of hammocks and even a shower or two outside under the mango trees. If you need a place to get away but still be present then Hari harilaya is the place for you!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed Hariharalaya center for only 6 days and it turned out to be the most unforgettable experience of our Cambodia trip. The way they organize everything, food, room, space, classes, trips, ect, is full of peaceful creativity and mindfullness. We enjoyed the yoga, meditation, cooking class, accupuncture class, boat trip and of course the food everyday! We definitely hope to come back again and stay longer next time! -- Namaste!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed at Hariharalaya for a couple of months.
I had a chance to help the staff and the living of this community from close-up.
I was all so positive.
The formal lessons as well as informal self development is strong when staying there.
Also staying in a Cambodian village is an interesting experience.
Good luck for all of you there!

Room Tip: The most quiet during the night you will be in a private hut.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hariharalaya Retreat Centre offered me all the characteristics I was looking for : diversity in the programs and classes, flexibility, professional and welcoming team, peaceful and natural environment and...remarkable price for all that is offered.

The Hariharalaya community is composed of well trained yogis, complete beginners and professional teachers. The proximity allowed us to share experiences and knowledge and so to deepen our own practice according to our level of skills. The classes were perfectly suitable for beginners. I personally never did a yoga class before coming to Hariharalaya. Now, with the knowledge I acquired thank to their team, I make my own yoga routine everyday according to my daily needs. I also met experimented yogi who were able to get deeper into their practice. Indeed, the teachers were always award of the type of students and offered alternatives during the yoga sessions for those who wanted to push their body more. The teachers are very generous. They were always open to listen to my personal needs and goals so I could leave with the learnings I was looking for.

Hariharalaya school offers more than a yoga and meditation immersion. The center has an holistic spirit oriented on well-being. That is why Hariharalaya team focus on how to take care of the human physically, mentally and spiritually. Everyday, we were eating vegetarian meals, cooked with healthy and fresh local ingredients. It was delicious and different every time ! I've been able to learn more about the relationship between health and food by reading a few books of their library. Various healing sessions were offered to release tensions and pain of the body. Their sessions are constantly updated, but during my stay, acupuncture, chiropractic and chinese massage were available. With the daily dharma talks, they broke down the close links between the tensions of the spirit and of the body. They taught me how to straighten myself by building a strong, calm and peaceful mind. Meditation helped me a lot to reinforce this skill. Again, it was easy to nourish my mind with their impressive library. Finally, they brought to light the relationship between our lifestyle and our inner balance. They respond to materialism and individualism with spirituality and solidarity. Surprisingly, most of people I met there said they were feeling peaceful, healed and back to themselves. So did I.

The vibrant Hariharalaya always brings a surprise. I came for yoga and meditation. I brought back much more than technical skills : a whole new mentality of how to take care of myself and others and a wider perspective of one's possibilities. The teachers, volunteers and even guests bring their personal touch by sharing their own knowledge, which makes the experience an unpredictable treasure.

Joy, love, happiness and peace
For us a dream, for them a life

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2013

A place of healing, community and self growth, hariharalaya is soul enriching. It is a destination travelled only by those wishing to improve themselves from within. You will not find poolside cocktail service, free wifi or any other form of physical 'indulgence'. This place removes the distractions leavin only what is necessary to enjoy ones self. Waking soon after sunrise, the guest at hariharalaya begins their day with yoga and meditation. A collective om welcomes a healthy and nourishing breakfast (the waffles are sensational). The day continues as the guest chooses, through a peaceful journey through beautiful natural surroundings, or swinging in hammocks reading a book from their outstanding library.

Like any place, you get out of Hariharalaya what you put in. But know this, if you're looking for self growth, a challenge, and a community of beautiful people to explore with- hariharalaya is definitely a place to start.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I spent a month at Hariharalaya and participated in the student program. During this time I got to learn more about yoga and meditation whilst also following a really healthy lifestyle. The yoga classes are very varied and suitable for all levels. The food is amazing and completely vegan. After my stay I feel so relaxed, refreshed and super flexible! I met so many amazing people and spent so much time in the art room, music room and library. If you are looking for a life-changing experience in the middle of a beautiful Cambodian village then definitely stay at Hariharalaya!

Room Tip: I stayed in a dorm then switched to a hut for my last week. Both awesome!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo