“Never too late to find peace and serenity”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I am a 58 year old woman who found peace and serenity at a beautiful retreat called Hariharalaya. I would recommend this center for anyone of any age who is interested in renewing their spirit. Yoga, meditation, chanting, reflexology, reiki, massage and acupuncture were some of the offerings there. The food was amazing. We all looked forward to sharing our delicious meals with people from all over the world. I am so grateful for this experience. I do hope to return there soon.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My experience was calming to my mind and renewing to my spirit. Just what i needed after days on the road and blissfully re-charging for continuing my travels. Filled my day with Yoga, meditation, karma yoga, reading or just simply swinging in the hammock staring at the trees and sky. The food was so amazing and the staff most pleasant. I did not leave the retreat center the entire stay and there is no need to do so. It's good to just soak up the renewing energy in this oasis. Would recommend some noise isolating/cancelling ear plugs for those moments when the neighbors take their celebrations to heightened levels. I highly recommend using this time to "digitally detox."

Room Tip: Field huts are a worthwhile experience!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you've found it, Hariharalaya is exactly what you're looking for. You can find amazing individuals, genuine support and acceptance as you navigate through the realms of meditation and yoga, and everyday you are nourished with delicious vegan meals (with snacks and kombucha as an option any time of day)! There are opportunities to participate in arranged excursions or if you'd rather go on your own, they have bicycles available for your convenience. Take this opportunity to explore, you'll be glad you did!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This magical place has cleaned us both and left our heart warm and our face with a huge smile...

I would like to thank each and everyone of the wise staff which has taught us a lot and cured me in person from a bad karma I was in to...

A huge special thanks for Kobi & Pazit which are 100% devoted to the retreat with warmth, expertise, generosity and most important with a big heart and a smile + their Tantra workshop is a must!!!!

I have to admit that staying for a week was not enough but still taught us alot and left us with a bunch of thoughts and positive changes.

In addition I would like to add that food was perfect, blind massage was amazing Saterday's Silance was interesting and the Dahrma talks were inspiring and wise...

Who ever needs to heal from anything or learn something new or just lay down and relaxe DO NOT MISS this opperatunity !!!!

Hope I will come again...

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Hariharalaya was our holiday within holiday, with a spiritual touch. Amazing setting away from the crowds. Nice and chilled out people, good yoga classes, interesting meditation topics, yummy food. You really feel like you are in a special place out there.
Bring extra money as there are many activities, snacks, workshops, healings you will like to take and are not included in the price of stay.
A downside was loud music from the neighbours all around us, almost day and night for the whole 8 days we stayed there (Chinese New Year?). But let go, right! :)
Amazing place, highly recommended!

Room Tip: And if you are a couple staying in one of the huts, check if the bed is not too small for you.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hariharalaya is truely a special place that offers so much to its guests. I met many interesting people and was able to take a variety of classes from yoga to meditation and contact dance. Oh, I can't forget to rave about the food! Take the plunge and see what happens when you take a real look inside.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Gene H
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent a week at Hariharalaya and cannot say enough about my experience here. Located around 10km from Siem Reap in the 'countryside' you can't help relaxing - it provides the right environment for what ever you are looking for, from chilling out to deepening your spiritual journey. Joel who owns and runs the retreat is just lovely, accommodating and moreover a wonderful spiritual teacher. While there is a daily schedule of yoga, meditation and chanting, everything is optional so you can get out of it what you want. Moreover, there are different activities you can participate in - while I was there there was the option of accupuncture (with awesome Gene), blind massage, tours of off the map temples, a tantra workshop (with wonderful Coby and Pazit) and the floating markets. The food at Hariharalaya, which is included in your stay is pure bliss! All made with fresh ingredients and vegan. Each meal was a sensory delight!! I had to buy a cookbook the food was so good. One of the best things about the place are the people working here as well as the type of people that stay - they are open, welcoming and you have a strong sense of community and belonging that it makes it hard to leave. Just to note: You need to get used to the wildlife while there including all types of insects. I was a little apprehensive at first but soon got used to it. A very much worthwhile experience, I'm so happy I found this place - it really has made my trip in South East Asia even more special.

Room Tip: Sleep in the big house may be a bit noisy but people generally sleep early so that's no problem.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo