“Inspiring retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Hariharalaya Meditation Retreat Centre
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Inspiring retreat”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a great time staying at Hariharalaya, I came there because I am interested in meditation and yoga and want to build a daily meditation habit. The daily schedule was great,and Joel's talks was really insiring. The place is located in a friendly village, the vegan food is amazing and I met a lot of really nice people there. It felt very homey and relaxing and I feel refreshed and inspired after having stayed there for a week. Also it is close enough to the temples to make daytrips.

1 Thank BettinaSky

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Finnish first
TBA
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The energy buzz, from heart to my pores.
The ego-less charm, to heal my sores.
The serene, the clean, the lean and the green.
To feel holistically whole again.

Hariharalaya was a perfect space to defrag mentally, spritually and physically. From the organic vegetable garden paths, the yoga meditation hut, the wooden floors, vegan cuisine and community embracement; this retreat was uniquely raw and unique. Joel was such a grounding individual to meet, who unobtrusively encouraged individual self discovery. The centre was a safe sanctuary to challenge old habit and create authentic ones. The energy of Hariharalaya is well worth the visit.
.Thank you.
xo
Miss Mei

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Li Mei W
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Hariharalaya made for a perfect end to my 6-month stint in Cambodia. It's a great alternative for anyone who wants to stay off the Pub Street and keep Angkor the spiritual experience it was meant to be. What surprised me was the quality of the food-I was fully expecting spartan stuff, but you forget that it's completely vegan! I wish I had come earlier.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My time at Hariharalaya was one of the most rewarding, expanding, valuable experiences I've ever had. The location, just a 30 minute tuk tuk ride from Siem Reap, is perfect. Tucked amidst local homes in a genuine Cambodian village, Hariharalaya offers the opportunity to experience the reality of country life in Cambodia. There are several temples and a local market nearby that you can explore during your down time. The food is AMAZING...which made the three day cleanse I did a bit of an extra challenge, but absolutely worth it. After two weeks spent practicing yoga and meditation, eating vegan, cleansing, discussing, dancing, and growing alongside fellow travelers, I felt renewed. Joel and the Khmer staff are wonderful. They make you feel at home immediately. Joel is incredibly patient and generous with his abundant knowledge. On top of all of the wonderful energy and life of Hariharalaya, I was fortunate to meet and connect with many other travelers during my stay. Hariharalaya felt like home and I cannot wait to go back.

Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 25, 2012

After volunteering in Cambodia for 2 months I decided to end my time there by spending 4 days at Hariharalaya. Aside from my volunteering experience, this was the next best part of my time in Cambodia. I was welcomed with open arms by a community of individuals who had so much love to share. While I was there I did a 3 day coconut water detox and I cannot say enough about how incredible I felt throughout the entire process. I had the freedom to explore many creative outlets and this was the perfect place for it. On my first meditation night, I joined 3 others as we were guided through a walking meditation around the grounds. As someone who has really not meditated very much, I loved how every night the meditation guidance was very different. Although the yoga and meditation are optional, I could not have imagined my time there without them. The centre is set in the beautiful countryside of Siem Reap that I miss so very much. This place is the real deal. Not to mention, compared to some of the other places offering similar programs in South East Asia, Hariharalaya is unbelievably easy on the wallet. The one day that I did eat the food, it was unbelievable. I am anxiously awaiting the recipe book to hit the internet! If you are looking for a place to relax, learn, teach, inspire, interact, detox, dance, play, and just become alive, get yourself over there soon!

Room Tip: Expect some critters because you are in the countryside after all. If you are a very light sleeper...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Emi_Har
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

What a way to totally relaaaaaax.........Hariharalaya has everything I need for the perfect getaway. This is a place where you can really find yourself, either with expert guidance or on your own at your own pace. I admire Joel for his determination to promote a holistic way of life based on meditation, yoga, vegan food and the peaceful surroundings. The garden is an absolute delight, with an abundance of fruit trees, veges and herbs - an edible and healing garden continually evolving. I like the choice of accommodation and prices to suit; little nooks to enjoy some 'me time'; the winding paths through the gorgeous gardens; waking up to a sun-kissed field full of life and Khmer charm; meditating on sunset; relaxing waaay up in the tree house; cycling around the most beautiful village - Roluos; getting up early for the joys of the local market; mountains of books where you can really find yourself; the awesome staff; meeting like-minded and not so like-minded people from all walks of life..................a life changing experience for me in such a positive way. These experiences will stay with me forever, along with a new discipline of practicing yoga everyday (not so good with the meditation yet!!).

Room Tip: I've stayed in the dorm, a hut and rooms upstairs and can reccommend all three, depending on you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Lyn,Australia
Abertillery, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2012

After being persuaded by a friend to stay for a few days at Hariharalaya i will admit I was less than convinced at first. i had just spent a week partying in Siem Reap and being a typical British male i was very much in the mood for more beer, meat and any other unhealthy diversions the universe wished to put in my path. However i promised my friend i would give it a bash and even promised that i would live as a vegan for three days! This was made much easier by the amazing vegan food on offer and the support of Yaz and Joel as well as my friend who had already been there for a week. The open and friendly atmosphere that permeates Hariharalaya made me feel more and more comfortable and the morning and evening group meditation and yoga sessions helped me to feel part of the group despite this not really being my thing at this point. Although only there for 3 days i felt more at ease with myself than i had ever done before. Since leaving in march i have continued with a veggie diet as well as meditation and yoga everyday. i now find myself in the best physical and mental shape of my life and can't wait to get back to Cambodia and Hariharalaya. Thank you all for a truly life changing experience and i hope to see you all again soon. if you have the chance to visit then please do, it will be an experience you never regret and will always remember.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends