“Excellent Tour Guide for Siem Reap / Angkor Wat”
Review of Angkor in English

Angkor in English
Ranked #59 of 836 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Sorm Son and I wish to be your charming Angkor Wat Tour guide. For almost ten years I have been an Official Angor Wat Tour guide and I can help make your stay in Cambodia a fun and wondrous adventure. I am a member of the local Khmer ethnic group and was a Buddhist monk for over eleven years. This background gives me a unique perspective of Cambodian life, which I will be happy to share with you as your Angkor Wat tour guide.My University studies led to a Bachelor in Ed degree in English and I will help with any translation issues that may arise during your stay here in Siem Reap. I am also an expert on the history of the construction of the temples as well as their symbolism. As your Angkor Wat Tour Guide I can help with your special photographs. I will direct you to the best locations and positions. I am also willing to lend a helping hand as necessary.For many, coming to the Angkor Wat area is a lifelong dream and as your Angkor Way Tour Guide I will insure that your dreams are fulfilled during your trip to Wondrous Cambodia.I look forward to meeting you and hope you will let me become your personal Angkor Wat Tour Guide.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our group of 4 spent two memorable days with Sorm Son showing us around his hometown of Siem Reap and of course, Angkor Wat. Sorm's English is excellent and has no problems communicating if English if your preferred language. He is very quick to respond to emails, so do not hesitate to contact him to make any requests as he will gladly make all necessary arrangements. We asked for our tour to include a variety of sunrises and sunsets around Angkor Wat over the two days, and Sorm delivered flawlessly. The driver that Sorm arranged for us was fantastic! He was quick to get us from site to site, and always waiting for us with cold bottled water and moist towels to wipe our sweaty selves down.
Sorm has a ton of insight to share about his hometown and will greatly enhance your visit to Angkor Wat as you'll have a much greater appreciation for the various temples and ruins you see. His expertise in creating our itinerary allowed us to see a lot in our two days there without wasting time ourselves figuring out what to see and how to get from place to place. He will also gladly help you capture memorable moments by taking you to "secret" locations where you get great vantage points of the various sites there. Instead of all temples, Sorm also arranged some stops for us to see a floating village, markets, etc.. He even took us to street side vendors where we got the chance to eat like the locals (fried crickets, anyone?).
To summarize, you won't go wrong with Sorm as your guide / friend in Siem Reap. Sure, you can maybe save a little by just hiring a driver or waiting until you get to town and gambling on whether you'll get a decent tour guide. But why not lock in a sure thing with Sorm Son ahead of time that will guarantee you'll enjoy your stay at Siem Reap and Angkor Wat? I'd certainly vouch for him if anyone is looking for a great guide.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Toured 3 great days with Sorm Son. Although there were lots of visitors, he managed to find the perfect time slot for each temple site to enjoy the site peacefully and recommended great photo angles. Very pleasant person that I would heartly recommend as a guide to visit Angkor and surroundings!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Toured with Sorm for two days, he shares a lot of information about the temples and knows the best photo spots. Would recommend Sorm without hesitation.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

we spent 3 days in Angkor as part of our honeymoon, the hotel (Le Meridien) booked the tour for us and Son got in to our lifes !!!!

Son has great english and excelent knowledge of history and places, when he explains you something its like he is talking about a part of his family… also its not like you are travelling with a guide, Son lets you feel like a friend !!!

we ad a really great time at Angkor and we hope to go back soon to also visit our good friend Son..

Regards from Mexico City !!!!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

we spent 3 days at angkor, Son was amazing, really good english and full knowledge of the histroy and temples.. what a great experience, he has all the pasion needed to transmit the energy and history of this wonder of the world !!!!

we loved Angkor and we hope to go back soon to visit our friend Son !!!

regards from Mexico City