“Excellent!”
Review of Angkor in English

Angkor in English
Ranked #42 of 894 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Sorm Son and I wish to be your charming Angkor Wat Tour guide. For almost ten years I have been an Official Angor Wat Tour guide and I can help make your stay in Cambodia a fun and wondrous adventure. I am a member of the local Khmer ethnic group and was a Buddhist monk for over eleven years. This background gives me a unique perspective of Cambodian life, which I will be happy to share with you as your Angkor Wat tour guide.My University studies led to a Bachelor in Ed degree in English and I will help with any translation issues that may arise during your stay here in Siem Reap. I am also an expert on the history of the construction of the temples as well as their symbolism. As your Angkor Wat Tour Guide I can help with your special photographs. I will direct you to the best locations and positions. I am also willing to lend a helping hand as necessary.For many, coming to the Angkor Wat area is a lifelong dream and as your Angkor Way Tour Guide I will insure that your dreams are fulfilled during your trip to Wondrous Cambodia.I look forward to meeting you and hope you will let me become your personal Angkor Wat Tour Guide.
Reviewed February 21, 2013

You will need a good guide in Siem Reap to truely enjoy the place. We were lucky to have Sorm as our guide. He was a monk previously, studied in Canada and spoke excellent English. Not only was he able to explain and bring life to the ancient architecture, in his selfless way, we are inspired to do more and help some of the less fortunate. This in fact brings great joy to me and make this trip ever more unforgetable.

All reviews
"current situation"
"free education"
"personal life"
in 3 reviews
"recent history of cambodia"
"picture spots"
"spent days"
in 9 reviews
"amazing person"

Reviewed February 19, 2013

It was my second time in Cambodia. My travel-agent in Switzerland organized this private tour. In Siem Riep until Battambang (4 days) my guide was Mr. Sorm Son. Son has a profund knowledge about culture, history and the actual situation of his country. We had very intersting conversations. He is friendly and always helpful. I learned a lot about Cambodias past and present. So I can recommend Son very much for your next tour. He speaks very good english. Son ist educated and works efficient. I wish Son success for what he is doing.

1  Thank Maria Magdalena F
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I booked a three day trip with Sorm. According to Sorm's family issue, he can just guide us at the first day morning. However, we do appreciate his guiding! He is very knowledgeable about the history of Cambodia. At the first morning, Sorm pick us early enough to secure us a front seat view and a wonderful spot to see the sun rising. I have to say although we missed the sunrise(the weather condition was not good), I do enjoy the story which Sorm shared with us in that morning. Like many others, we found Son via Trip Advisor and we hope more people can enjoy Sorm's excellent guiding. I highly recommend booking Sorm Son to guide your Angkor adventure!

1  Thank WangTaiwan
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Mr Sorm Son guided my family on a 3- day tour around Siem Reap. He speaks a very good English, has a wonderful knowledge about the sites and is very solicitous . His drivers are very good too. We recommend him!

1  Thank Scrapdiary
See more reviews
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I contacted Sorm Son long before arriving in Siem Reap to discuss his availability for the period we would be in Siem Reap. Based on our schedule of 2 1/2 days, he proposed an itinerary to guide us around Angkor, Bayon, Taphrom, Banteay Srey, Beng Mealea, Kampong Pluk floating village, Rolous group, old market, Artisan Center for Carving stone, wood, Silver and Silk products. Despite being very knowledgeable about the area, he speaks very good English and knows the best photo spots as well as the best way to avoid the crowds in the temples. He also arranged transport for the tour. It was a great experience.

1  Thank MarcioG112