“You won't find a better guide!”
Review of Angkor in English

Angkor in English
Ranked #54 of 821 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Sorm Son and I wish to be your charming Angkor Wat Tour guide. For almost ten years I have been an Official Angor Wat Tour guide and I can help make your stay in Cambodia a fun and wondrous adventure. I am a member of the local Khmer ethnic group and was a Buddhist monk for over eleven years. This background gives me a unique perspective of Cambodian life, which I will be happy to share with you as your Angkor Wat tour guide.My University studies led to a Bachelor in Ed degree in English and I will help with any translation issues that may arise during your stay here in Siem Reap. I am also an expert on the history of the construction of the temples as well as their symbolism. As your Angkor Wat Tour Guide I can help with your special photographs. I will direct you to the best locations and positions. I am also willing to lend a helping hand as necessary.For many, coming to the Angkor Wat area is a lifelong dream and as your Angkor Way Tour Guide I will insure that your dreams are fulfilled during your trip to Wondrous Cambodia.I look forward to meeting you and hope you will let me become your personal Angkor Wat Tour Guide.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You won't find a better guide!”
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

It is hard to write something original about our guide Sorm Son. He is everything that has been written before : incredibly knowledgable and well read; articulate with fantastic English and he very cleverly organizes the tours around Angkor so that you feel you have seen the best of the best without following the masses - not easy in early January.

Sorm Son's personal story and his passion for life and the story of his country will stay with you for a very long time. For a truly memorable visit to Angkor, it doesn't get better than this.

Oh and of course he is cute, charming and great with kids.

Thank you Sorm Son...

Our trip: Family x 5 on 1 day tour of Angkor in January 2013.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Real Cambodian Meal”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Mr Sorm Son invited us to his house for dinner on our first night in SR. It was a scary yet thrilling experience. The road to his house is very dark (without street light).

After about 20 minutes of ride from town, our van make a turn into the middle of a forest. At this moment, all we can see is the light of the headlamp of the van. After another 5 minutes in the forest, the van came to a stop and we saw Mr Sorm waiting there.

We then walked for another 15 minutes in total darkness to his house with only torch lights. On the way to his house, my friends and I jokingly said to each other "what's the worst thing that could happen to us? wake up in the morning with a scar at the back and a missing kidney?"

Finally, we reached his house and his wife together with his brother-in-law greeted us. We then settled down in the living room = dining room = bed room. We had our dinner together with 2 other tourists. I feel so sorry for not being able to finish all the dishes as his wife cooked a lot!

Well, I have always wanted to experience their local lifestyle, see their culture, taste their food, etc. To me, ordering Cambodian meal in the local restaurant is not "Cambodian" enough, what I wanted is to taste their own home-cook food, and here I am, in the middle of no way, having dinner in a Cambodian home together with Cambodians. Its just simply PERFECT!

In short, if you really want to feel like a Cambodian, consider Mr Sorm. He is well-mannered, warm, understanding, generous, cute (especially when he is drunk), and he has a great smile indeed. Needless to say, I recommend him!

1 Thank HA1CY0N
Pulau Pinang
“Amazing tour guide”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Mr Sorm Son was an amazing tour guide. He is knowledgeable about the history of Khmer. My friends and me were having good experience with him. He did an excellent job by guiding us through the less crowded paths. Mr Sorm Son showed us all the best photo taking spots and was very accommodating to our requests and interests. He is very flexible when it comes to the planning of itinerary. He invited all of us to having dinner at his house. His wife served a marvellous dinner. We didn't facing any communication difficulty as he is very proficient in english. Highly recommended!!!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing guide, amazing day!!!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Som gave us an wonderfull tour at Angkor. His knowledge of the sights is incredible. He is able to place individual tempels and complexes in context of the entire Khmer history. He invited us to come have diner at his place. He, his wife and his brother cooked a very tasty diner. He truly made us feel welcome in his country, culture and home (I feel no need to mention his level of English cause we didn't have a communication problem at all, ever (no, I don't speak Khmer)).

Amsterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very detailed tour with kind guide”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We did a one day, private tour around Angkor with mister Srom Som.
He is very knowledgable about the history and architecture of the magnificent buildings around Angkor.
A very patient man with answers to all the questions you may have.
The ride around was comfortable in a nice car. Cold water and fresh towels everytime we got in the car.
Very smoothly organised. Well done!

1 Thank Nina v