“Siem reap gem”

The Cashew Nut Villa.
Ranked #49 of 515 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This was a wonderful accommodation in siem reap. We had been traveling through 4 countries in 2.5 weeks and this was our best guesthouse stay the whole trip! The reception was impeccable, I felt I was in 5 star accommodation, the front desk offered us everything we needed/wanted and more.... including quick laundry service, very cheap, quick and good room service (we got there very hungry) maps, dining suggestions, postcards and stamps, which temples to see in Angkor wat and in what order! In other countries we had to find out that information painstakingly slow and ourselves and here it was all given in one fell swoop! They were excellent, and I will always have fond memories of our stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mjprince9

Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

What a truely lovely experience staying here was. The staff we great and genuinly so so so helpful. The guesthouse really deserves all the good reviews it had recieved.

If your are planning to stay in Siem Reap stay here. The breakfast is good too ;)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Maebh101
Reviewed October 30, 2013

After spending three nights at the Cashewnut I can say that the staff provided excellent service and were all very friendly and courteous. The hotel is well managed and the rooms are clean and nice. Should I find myself in Siem Reap again I would definitely stay with them and I certainly recommend the Cashewnut to other travelers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the sunset lounge. It's not a bar, just a nice place to relax and the views...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Colin B
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Best service we have had yet in SE Asia. Very helpful in all aspects. Great value and close enough to the city center area. Khmerak rocks! Rooms are clean and more than fine. Your on vacation don't spend it all in your room. They have suggestive itinerary's for Angkor Wat that work great to maximize your experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Haringbone
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at Cashnew Nut in October and found the service fantastic, the rooms adequate for the price, and the location a little bit inconvenient. All of the employees were extremely helpful and are definitely one of the main strengths of Cashew Nut. They helped us book travel plans, took care of our laundry, and made every effort to make us feel comfortable and to explain the nuances of navigating Cambodian culture. The tuk-tuk driver named "bob" they hired to pick us up from the airport was particularly awesome. Although he's not officially one of their employees, he seems to be one of their go-to tuk-tuk drivers. I recommend asking for him to take you to see the temples and/or landmine museum. Having him drive you around the countryside is like a whole tour in itself. For example, on our way to the Angkor Wat, he saw some locals fishing in the rice fields, so he pulled over, explained what they were doing and had them show us their techniques.
The rooms at Cashnew nut are clean but very minimal. However, they are totally adequate for the price. If you're trying to save money but are not interested in a hostel, this place is a great value.
The major drawback of this guesthouse is the location. I think it's about a mile outside of the main restaurant/bar area (Pub Street). This isn't that far, but the roads are a little difficult to walk down as they are small, crowded with motorbikes and tuk-tuks, and don't have sidewalks. That being said, you can usually catch a tuk-tuk (preferably Bob) to Pub Street for about a dollar ($2 late at night).
Overall, I definitely recommend Cashew Nut to budget travelers.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I traveled alone to Siem Reap during 10-12 October. As a first timer and woman traveler, trustworthy recommendation from other travelers is the most important value when i finally selected Cashew Nut Guest House. In fact, the place is beyond great. I love the clean room, nice service, and great staffs. They advised me the best itinerary to enjoy Siem Reap to fit my schedule. They even let me to have a bath at the guest house before my check in time since i arrived earlier. During my stay there, the staffs helped me a lot. But, i have to admit that the mosquitoes are crazy in Siem Reap. please prepare your mosquito lotion. ;)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We originally booked 4 nights, but ended up staying 5. The best thing about this place is the staff and all the extra little effort they put into making your stay an enjoyable one. The staff offer great unbiased information and the guide sheets they offer are just as good as Lonely Plant!

The rooms are all very clean an have all the amenities you need. Free wifi and free breakfast is fantastic as well. The roof top is a nice place to enjoy a beer and has a good view of the city, which is only a short walk away to the centre. It's not a party backpackers by any means, but that's what going into town is for!

If you need a tuk tuk for the temples - which I recommend - or your stay in Siem Reap they can arrange it for you. I would very highly recommend asking for T.T. the tuk tuk driver as he is so friendly and will show more of Cambodia! He took us to some great spots that we would have never experienced without his knowledge and he certainly made our stay memorable!

Stayed: October 2013