“Fantastic Indian Food”

Taj Mahal Restaurant
Ranked #305 of 1,005 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Here is a priceless range of all finger licking dishes. Taj Mahal is the best Indian restaurant in town - most favorite haunt of both expats & tourist curry lovers, due to its fresh, hygienic & authentic preparation. Unforgettable taste. Very reasonably priced. Main dishes served with rice and 4 kinds of sauces. All dishes are prepared with vegetable oil. Vegetables are cleaned with drinking water and the ice made with purified water. Free Wi-Fi zone.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband is a British Indian and I am obsessed with curry - great combination. So imagine how pleased we were to discover this place! Great food, great prices. I had a vegetarian thali and hubby ordered egg fried rice (as an Indian he is sick of curry all the time!) but he ended up demolishing my food and I ordered a prawn curry and a paratha and then further ordered two vegetable samosas. I have seen mixed reviews but my experience was a positive one. Delicious food, generous portions and easy on the pocket. Much better than the rubbish they dish out in my local curry house back home in England.

My only criticism would be that the dips were warm, limited and bland and the poppadoms were tiny. We went a second time and the food, again was impressive except for the pakoras. Very strange - tiny and rock hard!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The curries were quite ordinary, and seemed generic despite what you ordered. I think the highlight of the place is the bread, and that was quite good. the place itself was dark and felt rather unwelcoming. Try it if you are really out of ideas in where to eat.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Centrally located. Basic decor but clean. we were craving some good Indian food. Reasonable flavours but tough meat and disappointing poppadoms and naan. Would try another one next time.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

It may not look much, but the food is pretty good. Especially the dips, served in little glass jars, including a sort of medley of chillis, mint yoghurt, and a hot mango one, plus the lime one you only eat if youre drunki or incredibly hungry...I had a chicken tikka starter with 13 pieces of chicken, I coudl barely move after that, but i just about managed my hot jalfrezie, which was decent enough, if not as rich in flavour as I like. Good value, tasty, and certainly filling

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Since i was missing my home, i was tempted to eat here. Food was okay but i love their masala Chai. And they even have free WI-fi. the only problem is the restaurant is situated quite far from Pub Street and beware of the tuk-tuk driver who will cheat u by telling its 2km away when in reality you only have to walk for 8 minutes