“just another boutique hotel”

Ranked #44 of 489 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“just another boutique hotel”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The greeting and welcome was nice and tour recommendation quite useful, except I had to make everything alone! no possibility to join a group! at the boat to the floating village I've got soaked and my camera and mobile almost damaged through the water.
The garden and pool is nice, the spa was great to use to change after arrival, but later not available for treatments, mostly used from the staff, the food in the restaurant was just average, the part which I did not like was the bathroom! with rain shower and wooden panels, no window, which smells moldy, not really my dream place for holidays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Claudia R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
HK
Reviewed October 23, 2013

If staff could win an award, the team at Petit Villa deserve the oscar. The management have created a fantastic team environment which, for me, was the stand-out impression of my 4-day stay. Yes, the hotel was wonderfully designed with a mini rainforest running through it, a wonderfully clean swimming pool as the centre-piece and the individual cabana rooms flanking each side. The food was excellent and full of flavour. I highly recommend the mango juice. I drank so much I thought I was going to morph into a mango at one point!! So fresh!! The family-inspired touches of having three rabbits hopping around made the place feel very homely. The rabbits had been saved by the owner so they didn't look particularly healthy but they were strangely calming in their presence. The rooms were well furnished. My only issue was that the design of the bathrooms were not the most practical. The drainage can be an odorous distraction. That was the only negative to a host of positives. The staff were wonderfully attentive, friendly, willing, honest and generous in their spirit and time. Congratulations to the owner and management for instilling such an excellent team ethic. If I can single out one of the staff - the tuk tuk driver Mr T. I was genuinely very sad to say goodbye. He is a proud family man, who has never even been to Phom Penh yet speaks perfect English and was one of the most honest, decent human beings I have met in a long time. A lesson to many people in the West. Congratulations Petit Villa, it's the best value for money I have experienced in a boutique hotel. I will be returning, for sure!

Room Tip: The poolside rooms are the better option
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic small hotel, we stayed here for 3 nights and it was fantastic. We booked a honeymoon room, it wasn't out honeymoon but I would have been happy if it was the bed was decorated beautifully. We had fruit and wine in the room, we never found time to drink the wine!

The pool is lovely and I swam everyday, this was great after a long day at Angkor Wat.

We had a traditional meal included in our stay which was enjoyable, we did eat at the hotel a couple of times (western style) the food was good, but didn't always seem as hot as it could have been. I think maybe if the plates were hot, this might have helped but presentation and taste was good.

The staff were fabulous and attentive all the time, nothing was too much trouble, you can not fault the service they provide, they are welcoming and friendly.

If you are looking for a small hotel, this is the one for you, a previous write up said a hidden gem and that is exactly what this is. We will definitely stay here again when we go back to Siem Reap.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you love tropical gardens, a wonderful swimming pool and very friendly staff - then go to the Petit Villa Boutique & Spa. My stay there - unfortunately only 2 nights - was just perfect! I enjoyed every minute I was there. The room is lovely arranged, the welcome was overwhelmingly friendly and the staff helped me all the time with arrangements for seeing Angkor Wat or anything else. Archie, the driver of the hotel collected me from the airport and went to Angkor Wat with me - he was extremely friendly and a wonderful person. I definately will come back to Siem Reap and will stay again in this great hotel. Worth any penny!

Room Tip: My room was on the higher floor so I had a round view on the garden - but I believe that the rooms d...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Birgit F
Stratford, Australia
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in September. We were collected from the airport by achi the hotels tub tuk driver and delivered to the hotel. It's just like a little jungle oasis. Beautiful welcome by Sophea, our room decorated with flowers, fruit etc. on arrival. Food was excellent. Staff are very caring and kind. Achi was our tuk tuk driver over 3 days and was very knowledgeable and most importantly great fun. It was a lovely way to end our 2 week visit to cambodia.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Simone M
Austrlai
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at Petit Villa unfortunately only for a few days on our trip to Cambodia. I could not praise this accommodation provider or the staff enough!! Cambodia was amazing but staying at Petit Villa made it extra special. The staff could not do enough to help us and they were so friendly. Although we were there only a few days, coming back to the villa was like coming home, we felt so welcome. I feel like I have made some good friends in the staff. Not to mention the food was sensational and I love good food. It was the best food we had all over Vietnam and Cambodia. The gardens, pool and accommodation was excellent value for money and I would recommend staying here to anyone. In fact we will be returning next year and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. Do yourself a favor, go to Cambodia, visit Siem Reap and stay at Petit Villa, you wont regret it!!!!! I cant thank them enough for making our trip so special :-)

Room Tip: We had a suite where you open your door straight to the pool however most of the suites are like thi...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AussieTiff
ThePetitVilla, Owner at Petit Villa Boutique & Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear AussieTiff,

What a word!

Thank you so much for taking your value time to share this beautiful experience you have had at Petit Villa, it nothing much we can express beside THANK YOU and it touch our heart and soul of the whole team who witnessing what they are doing that received with great courage words from our resident and this is what Petit Villa concept about...A homely feel, being your own paradise in the middle of heritage site of angkor.

And we hope not in far distance to welcoming you back home and wish you a wonderful continue journey

With my best regard and greetings from Team of Petit Villa

Sokthy SOEUNG
Managing Director
Siem Reap - Angkor - Cambodia
Sacramento, California
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

9/11/13 to 9/13/13 - I loved my stay here. The staff and service were excellent. The problem was the floors could do with a stopping, cleaning, and waxing of the floors. Maybe replace black and white tiles as not to show the dirt. Everything else was perfect.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank BlueCompassGlblTrvl
Dear Edwin,

What a lovely note !

You have touch our heart, proved what Petit Villa design is met the finer note and appreciation by most travelers. Our local unique tile are all handmade product, the color and shining may not in comparable look to those manufactured product. This title took 6 to 9 months on process of work completed. The various method of how these item being produced is an unique concept that derive from long long time ago especially during french colonialism

Thank you so much for point it out and it was our great honor of having you stay with us and experience our produce and service that provided by Petit Team

I cannot express enough thank you for sharing such a invaluable comment toward our place and We hope not to long to welcoming you back home

With my best regard and greetings from Team of Petit Villa