“It's average!”

Ranked #151 of 356 Hotels in Siem Reap
Siem Reap
“It's average!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Disappointed with this hotel.
The breakfast is very poor, I wouldn't pay for the breakfast if that's an option because I wouldn't consider it to be a meal. Half a cup of juice and half a roll... The food service is pretty poor. Every meal I have ordered with my partner has come out at completely different times. I have even seen other peoples orders go out in between. I would think two of the same orders of food would come at the same time so we can eat together rather than half hour apart...
The rooms are clean and pretty spacious, although dated.
The staff are polite and friendly although find it hard to deal with complaints. Laughing seems to be the way to deal with any issues.
There is not enough towels for people to use around the pool so you should bring one from you room just in-case as we was told after we swam so had to put our clothes over wet things to go back to our room.
This is not close to town. It's about 20 minute walk. Or you can get there for about a dollar.
I think there is better hotels for the money.
This place needs a bit of authority, perhaps a manager about to make sure things are kept in order.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the bed! Ours was so loud when you moved it kept waking us up!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We didn't eat here, just slept in it and unwound by the pool in the evening.

Nice little pool area, but the room was basic, an very outdated.

It was about $80 dollars for two nights, which isn't bank breaking, but you can get better closer to the town.

Hotel is a bit of a trek away from the nightlife. It didn't take away from our time in Siem Reap at all, but it was just average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I have only slept in the room and so have no comments on the food.
I arrived earlier than expected as I had a check in time of 12pm but I got the night bus so I arrived at 6:30 am. The staff were a little confused however made me comfortable in the lobby and I only had to wait 30 mins for my room to be ready.

My room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. I went for a smoke on the roof terrace which is nice to just sit and relax. However I have heard bad things about the time it takes to get food.

Staff were really nice and spoke good English. Especially the young girl who works behind the desk. They are able to sort out trips to rhe temple for you and tuk tuks to other attractions and areas.

It can be noisy however it is a popular hotel so you are bound to hear other guests coming and going. So do please take this into consideration when booking this.

One thing I wish was better was the bathroom as its quite small. There is no separate shower area that you normally get in hotels but it is a cheap hotel so you can't really complain. I only paid £ 12per night via Expedia so it didnt come to much.

• Stayed August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were a group of 9 and none of us complained much about this place. Very clean area, you take your shoes/flip flops off before entering the hotel, maintained very well and the staff are very friendly. Rooms were $9 per person for us and it was totally worth it, a nice place to stay after a couple nights in rough hostels. Pool on the roof, which wasn't big nor small and they serve food too. I noticed the staff were able to speak in different languages, one spoke fluent Mandarin and another in French, which for some tourists can be very useful. They helped us organise our trip to the Angkor Park temples and also our bus to Sihanoukville.

Cons: our aircon wasn't working for the three days we were there (our fault for not telling them too), food takes a long long time to serve, almost over an hour to order, serve, eat and pay for breakfast and lastly, not that big of a deal at all, but a 15 minute walk to Pub Street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Okay guesthouse in Phnom Penh so decided to stay here as it was easy to book. Lucky I did because Okay villa is beautiful. The staff are friendly and really helpful and fun as well. Hong runs the show and is a little legend. He made us feel welcome straight away and organised us some pretty good tours. The food was nice and that rooftop bar and pool were awesome! Not too far from busy pub street and the night markets as well. Rooms are affordable. Unfortunately there were a lot of rude guests that treated the staff poorly. Sad to see as we had no problems at all. Highly recommended and I look forward to staying there again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Chris R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We chose Okay because of its glowing reviews on TripAdvisor, we were sorely disappointed. The hotel itself is very attractive and the rooms are large and relatively clean. However it's really let down by mismanagement, the whole place is chaotic! When we arrived we were told the cheaper rooms that we wanted were full so we paid the extra for a larger room without complaint but later we saw a couple arrive who had pre-booked the cheaper rooms and were told the same thing. it seems to me that these cheaper rooms don't actually exist. The staff are very warm and friendly but beyond that its a disaster, you'll wait at least an hour for any food you order and its likely to not be what you ordered. We asked for laundry to be done and for the next 2 days got it back in separate piles and ultimately were missing items. We booked a bus with the receptionist to take us to the border, we were promised a sleeper bus with air con that would get us to the border as it opened, instead we were squeezed onto a tiny packed coach with broken air con that sat beside the road for half the night waiting for the border to open. We were willing to pay for the luxury of a nice bus so I don't understand why the receptionist was so insistent on this one unless it was for commission. I feel that there are much nicer places to stay in Siam Reap but there is the advantage that Okay is cheap and has a swimming pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Very affordable place! At 5 dollars Per night, we (a group of 9 students) couldn't ask for more. Nice rooms and an awesome rooftop swimming pool and bar and restaurant! Great service! And you can see the perfect sunrise and sunset views!

• Stayed July 2013