“Friendly & relaxed”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Siem Reap
Siem Reap Temple Villa
Ranked #396 of 516 Siem Reap B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2012

After reading the previous reviews I'm wondering if I actually stayed at the same hotel? I certainly wasn't part of a 'scam'. I was met by a lovely tuk tuk driver Thea off the boat in Siem Reap from Phnom Penh. I was alone and had nowhere to stay so he suggested here, but he also said if I didn't like it he would take me elsewhere.
I had no problems checking in, the staff were lovely and showed me to a room on the ground floor. HUGE bed, clean sheets and a large bathroom which is basically all I needed for my stay, so I did.
I only stayed for 5 nights so I wasn't worried about the room being cleaned everyday. If I had asked I'm sure they would have. There is a laundry service, clothes came back clean (except white t-shirt-but what was I thinking???) Wifi is available in reception.
On one of the days I needed to go to the market and one of the staff offered to come with me to help with haggling etc. Very helpful and handy! It was also nice to chat and spend time with a local.
The hotel itself was off a quiet street but not too far from the market and town, and the pool a welcome relief after a day at the temples.
The only downside I could see was sometimes the service was very relaxed, which for me is not a problem but others may not like.
I strongly recommend chatting/hanging out with the locals. My experience in Cambodia could not have been better. I cannot wait to go back next year and I will be staying here again!
Thanks everyone for the stay! from 009!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We got here with the help of our tuk tuk driver and we didn't have the energy to go somewhere else after a 15 hour bus trip from Hanoi.
The pool is nice and (looks) clean, everything else is dirty.
A lot of travelers here seems to like it thou, staying longer than they thought.
17USD including breakfast is what we paid. WiFi works in the pool area, restaurant and reception.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This hotel is terrible, please avoid it at all costs. We were coming from Laos, and were told that we would have to change buses before arriving in Siem Reap. When we did change buses, a very "friendly" local called Tommy said he was organising our next bus to Siem Reap. He said we would arrive after midnight, when we were told we would arrive between 9-10pm, and that if we hadn't booked a hotel, he knew a really good one which he could take us to. He showed us the hotel leaflet, said that it was $8 per night for a double room with fan and free wifi;  it looked very nice. When we arrived in Siem Reap, it was around 2:30am, we were really tired so we went with Tommy in his tuk-tuk to Siem Reap Temple Villa Hotel.  They showed us the room, said it was $8, it looked ok and we took it. After having a shower, the bathroom was completely flooded and the stink was terrible. The room didn't have wifi. The next morning, the staff at  reception were really rude, you had to ask several times to be attended even to get a towel. Anytime we ordered something, they never thanked us and it seemed they we're doing us a favour. We asked to move rooms, they said there was no problem and that the price would be still $8 per night. We requested to pay the daily bill, but they said that only when we checked out. In the new room, the bathroom was even worse, it stank of urine and flooded when we showered. We asked information about the bus prices to the Thai border, they told us it was $8, we said we would think about it and the receptionist came after us to tell us we should get it ASAP because it was a busy route. We found the same ticket for $6 in town.
 When we checked out and tried to pay our bill, the room was charged at $10! We'd asked them several times about the cost of the room and had been told it would be $8.  We argued with them very politely, but when the conversation got more intense, the receptionist threatened to call the police.  We decided it wasn't worth arguing about and paid the bill. Now we know why that local was so "friendly", he got his commission taking us there,  why they don't want you to pay the bill daily, they will charge you more! We also found out breakfast was included but they never mentioned it. It's a SCAM.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hernallini
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I found the rooms to be clean and good for the price. However WiFi is advertised for every room NOT TRUE . Its free in the lobby . I came here with a guide from Sihanoukville (if you ever go there go to Toojee bar khmer traditional massage 50m from the golden Lyons.((come from serindipty beac to the Lyons tern left)) Toojee is very helpful and can organize trips and anything else you might want to do tell her steve sent you) the villa sorted out a guide for the temples for me $25.00 for the 3 main temples.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2012

No value for money. Rooms were not cleaned, had to ask multiple time, had to go get your own toilet paper. Said they were too busy and staff rude. Overcharged for beers that we did not have. There credit card machine was broke. Drains in bathroom were blocked and had an inch of water on floor after shower

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank pokeon
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our room and the whole hotel are very dirty.
The staff are unfriendly and don't care.
Our bathroom (and with the door open the whole room) smelled like a sewer.
After one night we checked out.
PLENTY of other cheaper AND better places to find in Siem Reap.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CindyDN
Reviewed March 12, 2012

We let the tuk tuk driver bring us to this hotel that is about a half a kilometer from the night market behind the "Pink Paradise" Club down a dirt road. It has a nice clean swimming pool in the front and looks newish from the outside. We decided we had better things to do than look for hotel and checked in. Check in process was painless but no smiles from any of the Cambodians lingering around. I could not tell who was staff and who wasn't. I suspect their English was poor because they uttered the bare minimum, 'yes', 'no', or x dollars and looked confused if you said anything the least bit complicated.

After settling in the room and noticing little things we decided to move to another hotel first thing in the morning. The little things include:

1) Unwelcoming staff
2) Poor cleaniness including smuggy sheets that I suspect were not washed since the prior occupant and dusty floor.
3) NO free drinking water (only place ever on our travels that has not provided it); water charge "60 cents" then proceeded to charge $0.75 per bottle
4) Nice bedside lamp on the nightstand but no outlet to plug it in to
5) Wifi doesn't reach rooms. Free wifi in the reception area has painfully slow data transfer.
6) Snowy reception on all television channels
7) bathroom door installed improperly which made it difficult to open and close

On the plus side, the rooms are very big, our shower worked great and the water in the swimming pool was clear. The rate was only slightly higher than other places in the area and we assumed the few extra dollars were for the pool and higher kickbacks to the tuktuk drivers.

The intangibles were our biggest problem with the hotel and we didn’t consider using any other services of the hotel (a trust gap). We were checking out the same time as another couple who were checking out after one night. Why? I asked. “The people” and a few beats later "and our dusty room"

Room Tip: Walk down the street to one of many other better hotels nearby.