“Good cocktails and reasonable food”

Khmer Idea Restaurant
Ranked #314 of 893 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: American, Cambodian, Chinese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Khmer Idea Restaurant is conveniently located on the center of Pub Street. We serve many local Cambodians foods, as well as Chinese and Western foods. We have an open air restaurant with comfortable cushioned seating on the main floor. We also have a newly remodeled 2nd floor over with balcony seating great for viewing Pub Street. Our wine selection includes wines from three continents. Our beer selection includes many domestic and imported beers. We look forward to serving you while you visit Angkor Wat and Siem Reap.
South Australia, Australia
“Good cocktails and reasonable food”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Khmer Idea Restaurant is in Pub Street and they are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can also order picnic boxes for that big day out.

We visited here quite a few times and their meals are fresh, tasty and cheap. There is also an extensive cocktail menu and all cocktails are $4 each but buy one get one free, Angkor draft was 35 cents a pint and I have to say they make the best White Russians I have had in Cambodia.

Good spot for a rest and people watching.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cathy&Gary

• Korean first
Cadillac, Michigan
“Great afternoon spot to watch people while having lunch.”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stopped by one hot afternoon honestly just to get out of the heat. It turned out to be a lucky break. The staff was great with reasonable english skills; the food was very good with a highly varied menu. The Khmer dishes were great with the proper level of spice (I recommend the Tom Yum Soup). Best of all the beer was the coldest I have found in Siem Reap. It is located on Pub Street so the street traffic provides entertainment if you enjoy people watching. The prices are very reasonable. Only downside is that they do not take credit cards.

• Visited February 2013
“Ok but many other better places.”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

In a town of many eating spots this is very average. Food is ok. Toilets ok. Atmosphere ok. Ate at many better spots. Came here as the power was out and it was the only place with a generator.

“Some of the best food we had!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Surprised to see other reviews slating this place! I had a pizza here, it was some of the best pizza I think ive ever had. For once, everyone in our party was really happy! We sat upstairs, there was street music, great atmosphere. It was pretty empty upstairs and we practically had our own waiter, service was extremely efficient and friendly. I would really recommend this place, as I say, we were all very pleased with the delicious food and overall experience.

Sydney, Australia
“Worst food in Siem Reap”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Had dinner with a group of friends tonight and so unhappy with the meals and service I was motivated to write the review immediately.

I have loved all the Khmer food I have eaten in Siem Reap until tonight. We ordered a variety of dishes including curries and amok but every meal was bland and the ingredients did not seem fresh. Actually all the meals looked pretty much the same no matter what was ordered.

Many small cockroaches joined us for dinner which a little disturbing

To top it off the service was appalling. I ordered a Daquiri which was so terrible it was undrinkable. I informed them of this but instead of offering another drink the waiter just walked away. On paying the bill I said I would not pay for the drink and complained that there service was terrible. Instead of trying to appease a dissatisfied customer as a good restaurant would do they just said I had to pay without any apology

WORST RESTAURANT ON EVER LEVEL .... I wouldn't even bother to get a beer here