“Totally Unprofessional”

and 1 more site!
Hak's House Residence
Ranked #47 of 331 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed February 22, 2014

They told me that a tuk tuk from the guest house will wait for me in the bus station, I arrived in the bus station and there was no tuk tuk waiting for me, so I looked for a tuk tuk (was night, and the bus station of siem reap in the night is not so nice) and after some discussions with a drunk crazy tuk tuk driver I reach the Hak's place. He said "sorry that we didn't pick you up, but your bus was late" Yes..but in Cambodia bus are always late. Anyway, after this he told me that the room yaht I booked was not avaible, because he rented for that night to another guy. Very nice. So, he send me with the mototaxi of the hotel, in other hotel that he found for me. Not at the same price of the room that i booked, but more expensive. Very nice. So, they just left me alone in the bus station in the night, they didn't care about my booking, and they didn't care to, at least, to give a room at the same price or pay them the difference. Or at least offer to me a glass of water...or a beer. Very nice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank alessio s

Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Our stay at Hak's House was pleasant! Hak was really helpful, especially when we had to bother with a taxi driver or change our bus tickets to a different time. The rooms were decent and had a huge TV, we had a fan room & a hot shower for $10. Good Wifi with routers on every floor.
Only thing to improve: Couldn't open our room window, so due to the heat & moisture from the bathroom, it quickly started to become a little smelly and stuffy.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anni-Alex181
Reviewed February 9, 2014

When we arrived, Hak informed us that the guesthouse was overbooked and he had booked us at other hotel instead. He provided transportation to the other guesthouse and this place was sub par at best. The next morning we were picked up and taking back to Hak's House. The room here was much nicer, clean, and my mattress was more comfortable than most guesthouses. Although it is a bit far out from the main tourist spot in town, I would recommend staying at Hak's House.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelley H
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The owner of Hak's House is Hak (of course) and he everytime will try to help you. Hak is a helpful guy, that try to keep his guests pleasant. The hostel is a bit far to center, the staff doesn't speak very nice english (just Hak speaks very well, and another one can get comunication). The rooms is ok, but mine was too hot (I took one with fan, not air con..and I went in jan/feb) and the color it´s uncomfortable. Room with fan like mine, doens't have hot shower.

Positive points:
Clean
wifi inside the rooms
good price
The breakfast is incluided (nothing special..simple, but free)
Good deals with reasonable price, but small portion
Facilites: tuk tuk, ticket bus, daytour, free of charge bicycle and water.

Negative Point:
A bit far from center (10min by walk, or 1US$ by tuk tuk)
The staff doesn`t speak good english (just Hak and another one)
There is a lot of mosquitos in common area
Common area poor
still 4th floor is too much steps
The deals is too small (a lot rice, but few meat)
Few electrical socks inside the room

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank JoaoCompasso
Reviewed February 2, 2014

You can't beat a price like this: 7 dollars a night. Plus, it's comfy and clean. Breakfast is included in the price. Nice! You can arrange any kind of transport or trip from here too. It was a pleasure to stay here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kingoftheslums
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We had made a reservation to stay two nights at Hak's House, but when we arrived they told us that the place was full and that they had arranged for us to stay at his brother's hotel instead. We were too tired to argue, so we went to his brother's, but we didn't stay there in the end. The place was extremely dirty and the walls were covered with mold.

Stayed: January 2014
4  Thank Mariasofie
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I have been there three of hers ago (dec 2011) Very good place. Hak is a nice guy. He will provide everything you need: tuk tuk drivers, taxi to the border and so on. Rooms are quite good. Just some unpleasant smell from the bathroom sometimes. Cambodia and its people are magic: Hak's house is a nice place to start feel this magic!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple