“Best hostel so far”

Hak's House Residence
Ranked #41 of 315 Specialty Lodging in Siem Reap
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are travelling around Asia, this is the 16th hostel we have stayed in and it's our favourite so far. The owner Hak, is really lovely, he is happy to give any information and help with anything. There is free drinking water available 24/7, there is lots of information on local buses, tours and attractions and you can book it all through the hostel. He even has his own tuk tuk driver so you don't get ripped off by locals. The wifi is brilliant and works perfectly well in the rooms also. The rooms were clean and tidy, the food was delicious and they even provide DVDs and a DVD player and books! Excellent hostel!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I slept at Hak's house for 5 days and I was more than satisfied with my stay there. The room had no air-conditioning but was cozy, and I had a private bathroom and cable television. Hak was very helpful and friendly whenever I needed to get a ride to town. If you choose to stay at his place, be sure to ask him about the Tuk-tuk fares.

I also loved the food at this place, I actually enjoyed eating the Cambodian food prepared at the hostel more than the ones I ate outside.

This place is a great bargain, very cheap, good food and great service! Thank you Mr. Hak!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I've stayed at Hak's House before and I am pleased to say that the stay I have just had was just as good. Hak was his normal helpful self and helped me get Tuk Tuks to go into town and didn't mind the fact that I arrived back in the early hours of the morning. Nice and quiet and his staff too are very polite. Recommended for anyone travelling on a budget!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently for two nights and found the level of service from Hal and his staff to be amazing. Straight after we booked he emailed to see if we needed collecting from the airport and offered this free of charge. We were collected by his colleague who took us on his tuktuk, which we then booked for the next day to take us around the temples. Hak was also more than happy to provide cycle routes and restaurant recommendations.

With regards to the rooms, they are everything you need from a budget hotel. Ours was clean and spacious, the air con wasn't amazing but we also had a fan which helped. The location was fine for, about 10minute walk from the centre plus there were plenty of tuktuks around if you don't want to walk cpsting about $1-2.

For the price you pay you get good service clean rooms and a great host, thank you Hak!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I like to thank Mr. Hak Try for the nice accomodation and assistance during my stay. He was never hesitant to help and give advices to save on travels. I got the best rate for a huge room at $10 a night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I would like to express my gratefulness to the Owner Hak for his prompt response to my queries. Nonetheless, I am sorry that in the end I did not stay with them because I am worried with the distance. Still, if you are interested in staying in HAK, feel free to email as they respond promptly.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Would just like to say that Hak and his team are an amazing group, who seek out to make you time in Cambodia an amazing on. Their personalities and services are very personalized and go above and beyond in providing you the best experience and upto date knowledge of the local scene. They can help in providing a taxi service, tour service, transportation, what to do and see and of course a great place to stay and chill out and rest your feet and body from the log days in the hot Cambodian sun exploring the amazing ANGKOR ruins!

I have frequented this established each time I am in the area, and will definately head back. Thanks again Hak and all at Haks house for your great hospitality!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
#4 of 315 in Siem Reap
Funky Flashpacker
Funky Flashpacker
#6 of 315 in Siem Reap

Been to Hak's House Residence? Share your experiences!