“Surprised this place isn't ranked higher”
Review of Joe to Go

Joe to Go
Ranked #66 of 869 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cafe, Asian, Cambodian, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Joe to Go is a quiet, peaceful restaurant with delicious coffee, traditional Asian dishes and western favorites including homemade fresh-baked cookies. We also have an art gallery upstairs. and 100% of our profits go to support our school The Global Child, an NGO based in Siem Reap that educates former street working kids hungry for an education.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Surprised this place isn't ranked higher”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I visit Siem Reap regularly for work and I've never had a bad experience at this place. Really nice staff, coffee is great (order a double shot if you find it weak), and the food is always good. My go-to place for a nice breakfast in SR, with a good cause behind it.

• Visited January 2014

• Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Terrible coffee”
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We went to this place because some other reviews bragged about the fabulous coffee. We were served instant Nescafé....sorry folks, the stuff is horrid. However, the breakfast was good, the fresh fruit was delicious., the eggs were cooked fine and the potatoes were tasty. When we ordered my husband specifically asked if a second cup of coffee was free. We were told it was 50 cents. The waiter (owner?) ASKED my husband if he wanted another cup, and as awful as it was, he said yes. When we went to pay the bill we were charged $1.75 for the coffee because we were told we asked for a CUP of coffee, not a SHOT of coffee. We paid the bill but will NEVER go back to this place and if anyone asks me...I will tell them to go eat somewhere else.

• Visited January 2014
Nimol, General Manager at Joe to Go, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
First i would like to say thanks you for coming to our place. But i would like to response that you said we served Nestle instant coffee which is not true and it does hurt us. I asked the staff whom took your order he is a Front End Manager. If i am not wrong you order Americano (black hot coffee) along with our special breakfast which is free as a set. His English might be not good re to a shot of coffee or another coffee which he served you another cup of coffee for the same thing. If you realized that he served you wrong( you might have notice that no one would sell Americano for 50cent ) you may ask him immediately not till you checked the bill. For the coffee beans is truly from certified from American and Cambodian standard company and made in Cambodia. Many successful cafe in Cambodia also use the same supplier with us. It is store fresh and make it fresh but for sure we have never served instant coffee coffee. It is a real shot from real big coffee machine. But i am not sure when you said it taste horrible and accused us using fake coffee instead. Please consider before making your comment on our bean. I feel sorry if the taste of coffee doesn't satisfy you. We have been running the biz since 2007 and we are NGO and we wants to provide good quantity and quality with fair price to our customers

best,
Nimol
Business Director
Melbourne, Australia
“Cafe with heart”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Nice Cafe thats central and has good food and coffee. Went for breakfast and the staff where great and attentive. Has an upstairs as well

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Has potential”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Look I wanted to love this place! I really did.. Maybe they were just having an off day.. We came in for breakfast first customers of the day.. We ordered coffees and a shake.. The coffees were fine not spectacular and not very strong.. The smoothie was delicious.. I had the backpacker breakfast which was bacon and eggs and fruit and potato.. The fried spud is not fries.. My lad had the burrito which was not great it was soggy and the eggs were like a scramble with too much milk and the same was for my eggs too.. They just need to add less milk to the eggs then it won't be so wet. I did mark this place up because I like what there about but they need to do some more kitchen training.. We plan on returning this afternoon to check out the store and have another juice.. Support this restaurant..

Nimol, General Manager at Joe to Go, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Thanks you for comment. I will bring all your comment to our cook to improve, watery eggs was always in our discussion with the cook, but i will remind them about this. For the coffee, i am not sure what type of coffee you did order, but if you ordered Latte, yes it might be too weak for some customer as we tend to provide a bigger size to our customer which we use more milk than the other cafe. If you prefer to be stronger, you may add more coffee. But for Cappuccino might satisfy your taste as we use less milk

Thanks you for your support!
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Really good”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This cafe had good coffee and very nice Khmer food. I returned here a number of times. The staff were also very good.

• Visited October 2013