“High Asian Gastronomie”

Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I was strongly recommended to that restaurant by one of my friend that had experienced it and extremely good feedbacks from his relatives.
I did an online and onsite reservation that was hold properly and kindly. It was reconfirmed by email.
The quiet setting with different athmospheres of rooms in an extremly tasteful setting make you relax as soon as you seat. You can chose terrasse, aircond room or the nice upper stairs rooms with open windows.
The best is anyway the food. I am a real gourmet and I am looking always for delicate surprising food. French chefs in Asia are opening french restaurants, but usually cooking french food with directly imported ingredients from France. It's not the case here, and really the adaptation of the Chef to local products with french delicate technique is wonderful. The taste of the different herbs in salad brought me directly to Luang Prabang, Vietnam or Thailand at their best.
The marriage of flavors, the setting of the plates shows a great knowledge of Asian tastes and a strong control of art from the Chef.
Highest congratulations.
From welcoming to setting, to food, all was perfect.

1  Thank PierreD561
Write a ReviewReviews (1,761)

Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Hidden a ways from the bustle of the touristy part of the city, this refuge offers amazing food. We had the six course dinner on our last night in town and it was the perfect sendoff.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had the 6 courses tasting dinner. They were all very delicious. Too bad they Change their menu every week, otherwise we would go there again.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a treat: a beautifully crafted and executed taster menu using local produce served in a stylish garden under the stars in a quiet part of Siem Reap. I am a chef, and I am very impressed by the skill in both putting the menu together, and executing the dishes. Inventive, varied, and true to both the local culinary traditions and contemporary international cuisine.

Unfortunately we ate on our last night in Siem Reap or I would have been back again to sample the other weekly taster menu.

Well done chef, and also well done front of house to be able to deliver a paced and relaxing meal in a country (and indeed region) where that goes against the norms and natural instinct for everything to be done immediately.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Two weeks later and I am still amazed that a restaurant this sophisticated, creative and wonderful exists in Siem Reap. Wow! We would have given 5 stars whereever we had this meal. Finding it in Siem Reap made it more romantic and meant the ingredients were more exotic. The value is crazy good. Do not try to find the restaurant on your own. The short tuk tuk ride to the funky location is fun.