“Best meal I had in Siem Reap”
Review of Cuisine Wat Damnak

Cuisine Wat Damnak
Ranked #30 of 983 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Cambodian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

After a series of disappointing/bland meals in the Old Market area I finally made it to Cuisine Wat Damnak on my last night of my trip. Although very pricey by Cambodian standards I thought the tasting menu at US$26 was a steal. Wonderful & delicate Asian/fusion flavours with contemporary presentation and a well thought out progression of courses.

Make sure you book ahead! We tried to get in for 3 nights running and they were fully booked.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,696)

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Now the restaurant is very nice, the staff are great, but for me personal.......the food is average.maybe I just had high expectation because of previous reviews. But it didn't deliver. I tried the first taste menu. Try the second it may appeal to you. I find the flavours of certain dished not complimenting each other.just my thought!. You may enjoy it!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Fusion of Asian and French. Am very amazed to have such wonderful food in Cambodia. It costs around USD 40-50 per person, more expensive than most restaurant but definitely worth it. There are 2 menus to choose from. We ordered the seafood menu and everything is fresh and cooked to perfection! It's wonderful.

The service is good and the ambience is nice, like a french bistro.
Location wise it is a bit tricky. About 5-10 minutes walk from Golden Banana Boutique Hotel.
This restaurant is best for romantic dinner for 2 or a special event for celebration.

However, please book beforehand. This restaurant is quite popular.

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We had the dinner on the last day of travel in this restaurant. It was a real pleasure and joy to dine in this beautiful restaurant. The decor, presentation, quality, quantity, and the service were top of the range. Just a minor comment on air-conditioning that was not strong enough as we were sitting by the wall. The cool air did not reach to our table.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

We visited this restaurant on recommendation whilst staying in Siem Reap and we were extremely happy that we did. The food was spectacular, the service was attentive despite being very busy and even though in Cambodia terms its pricey, in conversion it's unbelievable value for money.