“Great staff and rooms at Siem Reap”

La Tradition D'Angkor Boutique Resort
Ranked #301 of 357 Hotels in Siem Reap
Edmonton, Canada
“Great staff and rooms at Siem Reap”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

La Tradition D'Angkor has amazingly helpful and friendly staff as well as large, elegant rooms. Unfortunately, it is located far away from any attractions requiring a tuk tuk to get anywhere interesting - although this does mean it is not at all noisy.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank wsw23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Petropolis, RJ
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is very well located, close to Angkor Wat and fifteen minutes on a tuktuk to city center, restaurants, markets.
Lovely garden, huge rooms with fantastic architectural details - amazing boiserie, superb wood floors and carved doors, refurbished modern bathrooms. Breakfast was good, with a nice selection of tropical fruits, croissants and cakes.
Staff is attentive but the drawback is that they need to improve their language skills. Most of them do not understand or speak English or French.
Overall it was a very good place to stay and I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MariseCaetano
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed November 30, 2013

The hotel was beautiful, the rooms comfortable and the food delicious. The best part of the hotel was the friendly, helpful and supportive staff who were always ready to help with a smile. I would definitely come back to this hotel on my next trip to Siem Reap.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Richard1974inBUD
Jurong, Singapore
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I did not have much expectations when I arrived at the resort but was pleasantly surprised .The rooms were big, the staff was friendly and we had a good 4 day stay at the resort. The location is a killjoy but then sometimes its good to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Great value for money

• Stayed January 2013
Cebu Island, Philippines
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My hubby and I decided to celebrate our Silver Wedding Anniversary in Siem Reap and we got a very good deal for a 5D/4N stay at La Tradition D'Angkor which is a chic boutique resort, a good 10 minutes away from the airport and from Pub Street (car not tuk-tuk).

This was our first trip to Cambodia and we didn't know what to expect. I emailed La Tradition again 2 days before we left Cebu and gave them our flight details. Ms. Sina replied right away, confirming our transfer. Sure enough, the driver was holding a sign with my husband's name when we came out of the airport. At the resort, the staff welcomed us warmly with cold towels and glasses of fresh lime juice which refreshed us immensely!

We were billeted in a ground floor room which was huge! I loved the spaciousness of the room and bathroom and we even had a balcony although it really didn't have much of a view except that of a lovely villa at the back.

Breakfast was included in the package along with a one full day temple tour with an english speaking guide and car with ac. We requested for the free tour the following morning since we decided that we would do the whole shebang of tours in Siem Reap!

After a hearty breakfast, we met our english speaking guide, Mr. Ros Samath. He was not only the perfect guide but he was also our photographer, director, fashion adviser, and teacher; he was also very witty and quite humourous! We were very blessed to have him as our guide extraordinaire but also Mr. Sokor our very careful driver so we hired them both for 2 more days and bought 3 day passes at Angkor Wat.

Our hotel package also provided us with an hour's massage for free. It was nothing great since the masseuse both didn't speak a word of English and it seems as if they only knew one mode of massage - hard!!

My husband had just finished the Ironman Triathlon Race in Cebu so he was happy that the hotel also provided us with free bicycles although they did warn him that the bikes have not been used for a long time so they couldn't guarantee about the condition of each bike. However, I think they got two good bikes from their mother hotel, Angkor Empress, also a 5-star hotel in the main boulevard.

The free shuttle service driver was most helpful and in fact instead of just dropping us off at the Old Market, he actually took us to Angkor Mondial where we had dinner and watched a Cultural show on Thursday night which was also our 25th wedding anniversary.

With all the touring around Siem Reap and the shopping plus the bar hopping at night, we were always happy to return to La Tradition D'Angkor and crash to wake up all refreshed the next morning. The pathway to our room is poorly lighted but we didn't feel scared cos of the security that the resort provided and besides, the Military camp is just further down the road.

We were able to request for a late check out at 2pm with no add-ons to our bill; left our luggages with them and when we returned after dinner, we were pleasantly surprised when they graciously offered our room so that we could take a shower and/or freshen up so we were able to take bathe, change and get a bit of rest before we were driven to the airport for our flight back to Manila. Now that is absolutely tops!! The best service a hotel can give their guests and we were definitely treated excellently, in fact, like royalty by the staff of La Tradition D'Angkor Boutique Resort and that's why I am giving them the highest overall rating!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gie_Martin
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed August 5, 2013

this is a nice enough hotel for Siem Reap, nothing special
the rooms are large but very dark but quite clean
the doors to the room are not all that great, very thin and I would not feel completely safe

we were the only guests there and that was quite strange
the internet did not work during our entire stay

on the plus side the staff was very nice and they organized a tuktuk driver who was extremely nice and helpful

the hotel is quite far away from the town center but they do provide a shuttle service

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AVKG
CEBU
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I booked this hotel based on the price and the pictures posted on the site where I booked my reservation. I also read some reviews which were received very warmly by most of the reviewers. This is very critical since this is my first time in Cambodia.
I made my reservation 3 months in advance. A week prior to my arrival I told them of my flight details and they replied that yes they will pick us up. But when we arrived no one met us at the airport & we had no way of calling them. After wasting an hour of waiting we decided to get a cab and paid 7usd. The front desk apologized for the inconvenience but they seem to have no clue of our arrival. The hotel was dark, quite, as if we are the only guests there. But they greeted us will courtesy, served welcome drinks and cold towel which brought some relief. Don’t expect a grand lobby coz none exist. I like the room because its very spacious, clean, furnished with wood. Bathroom is clean, bed is awesome and pillows are just right. To our dismay wifi hardly works in our room.
The next day, I expected a buffet breakfast but the dining area were empty so they have a plated breakfast with baskets of bread. I love the Asian breakfast with fried rice. I’ve tried the American breakfast too and they even switched my potato with fried rice. No one mentioned or update me with the airport shuttle mishap last night so I just let it pass. We went to the Angkor Wat that day which should not be missed.
The next day we decided to borrow their bike since it’s on the reservation that we can borrow them for free. Enroute to Ton Le Sap lake one of the bike broke down coz it had issues with the tire. Luckily one of the Cambodian residents offered to call the hotel since we demanded that they picked us up from where we are but they called us back telling us to hire a tuk-tuk & they will cover the charge. When we arrived at the hotel we were very tired. No apologies given, no explaination whatsoever so we rested instead. Have they checked their bikes and maintained them well we could have not wasted that day.
Since check out is fast approaching I asked if it’s possible to check out late. They said we will be billed for 37usd but since they owe us 7usd for the failed airport pick up they said I will be billed 30usd which I decline. I asked if I can check out at 1pm with no extra charged and the front desk agent agreed which is always a standard in all other hotels especially if they are not fully booked. I was surprised that they refused to give me my 7usd since I checked out late. I did not argued since communication barrier is an issue here.
Overall I was not happy with the hotel. I agree that the price of their menu is expensive if not outrageous. The pool looks very enticing but my eyes can’t seem to stand the heavy chlorination. Wifi issue must be addressed and if this is a big issue for you then don’t stay here. Location of the hotel is close to the airport-not close to Angkor wat which was my first impression and some drivers can’t seem to locate this place. I recommend that you stay near the night market or angkor to save your time and money.

Room Tip: Dollar is the main currency here. Bring more since other currencies are mostly undervalued. Take th...