“Beautiful hotel with amazing service”

La Tradition D'Angkor Boutique Resort
Ranked #291 of 343 Hotels in Siem Reap
Beverly, Massachusetts
“Beautiful hotel with amazing service”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Booked this hotel primarily because it could accommodate my entire family in one room. Boy was I surprised when I arrived when I found that the size of the room could have accommodated even ANOTHER family! Room was HUGE and an amazing value. Though a little bit out of town (though certainly not far), it was wonderful to return after a long, hot day to a cool room and fall asleep to crickets! Very peaceful and quiet (though I believe we were the only guests during this off-season time of year) Staff were amazing and certainly there to accommodate our every wish. I loved the traditional feel of the hotel and appreciated that it was not a cookie-cutter chain; they paide very close attention to make the hotel FEEL like Cambodia.

The only drawback that we had was the internet service. Though we were there on vacation, I run my own business and therefore do need the ability to check in throughout my vacation. Unfortunately, though the hotel claims to offer free WiFi, I was never able to get connected. The staff, though, were so sweet and dliligent in trying to help but to no avail.

I would HIGHLY reccommend this hotel, especially to families. Pool area is amazing! Add to that, our tour guide whom I have known for some time, told me that he was super impressed by this relative new-comer in Siem Reap!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel based on other reviews in Trip Advisor.

Off to a great start with the transfer from the airport. The driver was waiting with our name on a placard.

The hotel staff were wonderful, the accomodation was great and overall it was very enjoyable staying here. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were there to assist with anything one needed.

I would definitely reccomend this place as a base for your Siem Reap adventure.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The hotel is well located between the airport and downtown in a quiet place where we enjoyed a very relaxing environment.The staffs were extremely attentive , helpful and impeccable . We did enjoy the homemade cocktails at the swimming pool ! all is made to satisfy guests<

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Julien F
South Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2012

My partner and I booked this hotel randomly off Agoda. We had never been to Cambodia and took a chance because it was cheap and it had good reviews on tripadvisor. It was SO good! We were dropped off by our tour guide that was booked and it was on a very rough dirt road. We were SO nervous because it looked like it was out in the sticks. On arrival at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff and a gorgeous hotel. A fresh glass of orange juice, a cold towel and staff falling over them selves to get you organised and to your room. The rooms were amazing, clean and stocked with every toiletry need you could every need and free bottled water allocations for every day. We spent half of our days with Tek Leng lengtek@yahoo.com who also accommodated our every need from bringing his own fishing net and rod and teaching us how to throw a net, taking us to local food stalls to try the 'local food' and negotiating a price with the local net stall for our own fishing net, to half day tours and visiting local schools and orphanages. We spent our mornings with Tek and our lunch, afternoons and evenings with the staff at La Tradition D'Ankor. If I wanted a cocktail and they were out of a particular liquor, they got on their bike and went to town to get what they needed to accommodate my needs by the pool :) We spent lunch at the pool bar learning Khmer from the staff while we taught the them English. I LOVED their satay, so on our return from a morning tour, they had their head chef set up a cooking table (by the pool) with small bowls of all the ingredients, a chefs hat, an apron and the recipe for their gorgeous satay, which I got to take home! Their chef, in his broken english, and my broken Khmer, all the staff stood around and taught me how to cook this dish. THE best satay I have ever had!! EVER! We felt like we left our new family on the end of our holiday. It is not your typical big resort, it is close up and personal with the Cambodian locals. We had a tuk tuk at our every need, it was 3USD for a trip into town. The hotel gives you a free mobile phone to use on your stay, which we used and needed. NO words can say how wonderful our stay was. So personal, so affordable and so unique. I miss the Cambodian people a lot, especially what La Tradition D'Angkor offered. If you want a traditional, hands on with the locals experience, follow our lead. It was amazing and I cant wait to return. Such a safe and hospitable town. <3 xx travelled Jan 2011 though tripadvisor did not give me the option of this date. I have not rated the fitness centre or spa as these are not things I ever expected or wanted to do in Cambodia so I have no clue if they offer either, but the massages are a must - 4 hands massage by the pool is sensational - 4 hands, 1 body!! So Good!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MusterSouthAustralia
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The free shuttle from the airport was waiting when we arrive and he whisked us off to the hotel. La Tradition is a boutique style hotel with nice grounds, picturesque buildings and just off the main road that goes out to the airport. When I say just off, I mean a short ride down a pot hole filled bit of dirt road where the tuk-tuks would drive on the footpath when no one was around to stop them. We had a friendly greeting and despite the early hour, about 9am, our room was ready. Nice spacious room with lots of timber paneling in the traditional manner and a clean and modern bathroom. Twin beds to help with snoring problems and make the holiday harmonious. There was a small private balcony overlooking the gardens of the hotel next door but mosquitoes and heat meant it got limited use.
The hotel was good but not quite what we needed. Yes it had the much needed gym but it was not air-conditioned so that meant my wife, with her bad lungs could not use it. Neither was the reception, dining room or bar air-conditioned which was less of a problem but for us it would have been nice. Free internet in the Reception was handy but pretty slow. We did not let those things worry us and enjoyed our stay and made use of the good size pool for refreshing afternoon swims. Free shuttle at night into Pub Street was actually a great way to meet other guests and save a few dollars on tuk-tuks. Breakfast was chosen from the local or western menu and I prefer western for breakfast which was warmed pastries, buns and bread, followed by a big plate of eggs, bacon, sausage, fried tomato and fried potato. To finish off was a nicely presented plate of fresh fruit. They kept the fruit juice and tea and coffee coming as long as you asked for more. A bonus was that the hotel was very quiet. I am sure we were the only guests for a day or two, then things picked up but even then we often we had the pool, bar or internet to ourselves.
Staff were always helpful but some had limited English. Overall we had a great 5 night stay and while our first choice hotel was booked out we were very happy with La Tradition.

Room Tip: There is no lift - you may need a ground floor room if stairs are a problem for you
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank freddy45
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed at La Tradition Dangkor last two week ago. We stayed at 2nd floor. Our room is very big and wooden furniture.

It is small hotel with own character and specially I feel more privacy than other hotel. Staff is very friendly and breakfast also have more option. Sometimes we have our own pool (because other tourist went on tours).

Only one problem we had was a shower, sometime water came out hot and sometimes cold which we felt little bit disturb, but the rest are excellent.

Room Tip: I didnt use Fitness center and Spa so I do not know have idea about this. I would recommend to stay...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank EurasieTravelAsia
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We stayed on the third floor (Top floor), and there was a noisy compressor that cycled on and off 24/7 - it would, I imagine, affect all rooms on that floor. The room had quality finishes, but the safe was too small to take an Ipad. There was also an annoying step down from the room into the bathroom. It was nice to have free wifi.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business