“Excellent”

il forno
Ranked #51 of 863 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We created Il Forno in 2011 after many years dreaming of opening a traditional Italian Restaurant outside Italy where we would serve authentic Italian food like our grandmothers used to cook. The only addition to our grandmother's kitchen was the building of an original stone brick fire wood oven from where to make pizzas according to the southern italian tradition. We pride to import every single ingredient ( veggie & fruits aside)on our menu directly from Italy and to make all our food home made and fresh daily. Our fantastic team of chefs/cooks start their day very early to prepare our pizza dough that need 10/12 hours before its naturally risen and to prepare home made tagliatelle, tortellini , gnocchi and so on , exactly like we used to in Italy half a century ago.
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

The best pizza I have ever had in Asia (and I live in Asia). My companions loved their gnocchi & pasta as well.

The house red tasted like it was selected by someone who drank wine - not always the case in SE Asia.

Not as cheap as local food (unsurprisingly) but well recommended.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Authentic tastes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Il Forno twice. The first time we walking past the restaurant and saw the excellent wines by the glass on their specials board, so we went in and tried their wine. It was so good that we had a look at their menu and ordered a cheese board too, which went down very well.

We returned for dinner another night and ordered pizza and a filled pasta dish with rose sauce, both from the specials board. My husband really enjoyed the pizza and my filled pasta was delicious - unfortunately there just wasn't enough of it. I'm a petite woman and I'm used to pasta dishes being too large for me but this was for once just the opposite, which was a real pity. This was a minor issue though in what was a lovely evening. The staff are efficient and on the ball. A great way to spend a few hours!

Paris, France
“A very rare review of a restaurant of rare standard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am not one for writing reviews but having eaten in the restaurant 3 nights in on week i thought it about time. The first thing i noticed was that the wine is poured in the right order, not something most people would care about - granted. Then, the Pasta, like the Italians make it, perfect consistency and the source flavoures beautiful. The following night i went back to try the specials board items and WOW, we were not disappointed. The pork Belly especially rocked our worlds. The next night we stayed in and ordered their Pizza - as thin ad you can get and so crispy. Perfect. When your taste buts have had their full of the wonderful kumer flavours and you crave something made incredible with fewer ingredients (!) head to Il Forno and enjoy the atmosphere.

UK
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We ate here last night. We had the mixed plate of meats and cheeses to start which were lovely, especially the Gorgonzola! Two of us had the homemade lasagna which was good and very meaty, one had half a chicken an one had the steak, it was all superb. In fact we all felt so full we had no room for beer afterwards!

1 Thank clowndog
Preston, United Kingdom
“Great little Italian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visited here after reading the reviews and it was fab. It was located on a quiet side street, and had a calm romantic atmosphere. Service was friendly and quick. We were seated quick and served drinks quickly and our orders taken. My boyfriend had the wild boar tagliatelle and I had chicken in a mushroom sauce with veg. My meal was gorgeous, they'd got the sauce just right. My boyfriend said his meal was just ok. We both had dessert, I had the chocolate melting cake and I think my boyfriend had the tiramisu, again both were good. It was a reasonable price for two courses and drinks. I would recommend anyone to visit here!

1 Thank Joebella