“SO Good!”

il forno
Ranked #52 of 875 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European, Healthy
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We created Il Forno in 2011 after many years dreaming of opening a traditional Italian Restaurant outside Italy where we would serve authentic Italian food like our grandmothers used to cook. The only addition to our grandmother's kitchen was the building of an original stone brick fire wood oven from where to make pizzas according to the southern italian tradition. We pride to import every single ingredient ( veggie & fruits aside)on our menu directly from Italy and to make all our food home made and fresh daily. Our fantastic team of chefs/cooks start their day very early to prepare our pizza dough that need 10/12 hours before its naturally risen and to prepare home made tagliatelle, tortellini , gnocchi and so on , exactly like we used to in Italy half a century ago.
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“SO Good!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

It seems extremely authentic to me (whose only been to Venice), but the small alley restaurant is made of real Italian substance! Great food! Great atmosphere. A Lovely little romantic spot!

Visited August 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
oxford,uk
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Great Italian food with excellent wine. The outdoor tables in the alley are a little cooler as it can get a bit hot inside. Highly recommended!

Mexico City, Mexico
“One of the best Bolognese!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I didn´t expect to have one of the best Bolognese pastas in Cambodia, I was surprised about Il Forno. It is a very nice restaurant well decorated and in a very nice alley. I had one of the best pastas I ever had, and my wife had a very nice (above average) brickoven pizza. We stayed for many drinks after dinner. Be sure to have cash, they don't accept Credit Cards.

1 Thank Manuel H
Wellington
“Fantastic Pizza!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We loved this restaurant! After travelling around Vietnam and Cambodia we felt like a change in cuisine and tried the pizza at Il Forno. We have travelled extensively in Italy and Il Forno did pizza as good as anywhere we had been in Italy. If you feel like a change to the Cambodian cuisine, definately go to the place!

London, United Kingdom
“Better than any gnocchi I've ever tasted in Italy”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Our hotel in Siem Reap recommended this restaurant, and am I pleased they did! We were so impressed we dined there 3 nights in a row. I don't usually review restaurants, because tastes vary so much, as do restaurants performance from time to time, but this place is so good, I can't help myself!

I'm a bit of a gnocchi fan, and we travel widely, so curiously enough I try the best Italian restaurant's I can find in every city - and it's the gnocchi that's my test dish of choice. Il Forno in Siem Reap produces (IMHO) the lightest, most delicate, most delightful gnocchi I've ever tasted. Including the 20-odd towns and cities in Italia that have come under my scrutiny!

Service was good, but in truth it is everywhere in Cambodia; and the range of Italian wines was good considering how remote it is from Tuscany!

On our last night in Siem Reap, the pizza oven chimney stack caught fire, which caused great consternation at the time - I sincerely hope they were back in business the next day, serving that gorgeous gnocchi!

But what astounded me most of all, was after leaving to discover that the owners of this little gem in Temple Town, Cambodia also own a highly regarded resort and restaurant in the Yasawa Islands of Fiji, where I happen to have a home and a boat - so I'll be anchoring off Navutu Stars next month, hoping the gnocchi is just as good!