“Lots of restaurants!”

Ranked #32 of 182 things to do in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Some may find it over-powering, but if you're looking for where everybody is, then Pub Street it is. Lined with restaurants and bars selling cheap beer and reasonable food. Later on, the music starts thumping and there's often almost a party atmosphere. People watching is free.
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We couldn't get to them all in only 3 nights but the street is buzzing. Have no bad reports about the food but the friend I was travelling with did get duped on the baby formula scam! People should be aware of this.was probably the only disappointing thing we experienced in Siem Reap.

4  Thank Potsy G
Write a ReviewReviews (6,870)

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Pub Street is Siam Reap's answer to Dublin's Temple Bar; ie the place where all the tourists go for food and drink. There is a lively atmosphere and food to cater to all tastes, from local dishes to pizza or Mexican food. Expect cheap draft beer, fair to middling food and a buzzing atmosphere.

However, please beware of the baby milk scam. If a person carrying a baby asks you to buy food for them, you will then be taken into a shop at the top of Pub Street and shown some very expensive baby formula (around 22 usd). If you buy it, the person will then go around the back of the shop, sell it back to the shop owner and split the money with them. They then move onto another tourist who they can take advantage of. Once in the shop, if you refuse to buy the food, they become increasingly aggressive. When this happened to me, the person refused to let me leave the shop. I ran down a different aisle, the gave chase and then dug their finger nails into me, giving me a really hard pinch. Googling this when I got back to hotel, I found out is was a scam that has been happening for years, so please down fall victim to it. I hope you find this information helpful

7  Thank Mary M
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We heard so much about Pub Street and read so many laudatory reviews that we just had to go there on our recent visit to Siem Reap. What we found instead was the crassest, most tasteless area masquerading as entertainment. It was a glaring example of the WORST of Western culture.... a cacophony of decibel-vying bands, cheek by jowl, pumping out their mindless covers of pop music. Conversation was impossible and the streets were filled with tattoo-grafittied westerners strutting about in their vests ---- I dare say they felt 'dressed' for the occasion. It really was a depressing and hugely irritating experience and we begrudged the 20 mins we spent there which was what it took us to finish our drinks.
But don't let me deter you. If you prefer mixing with bogans intent on measuring out the enjoyment of their night in glasses of cheap booze and monosyllabic conversation (or should I say grunts) then you will LUUUUUVVVV this dive. ENJOY AT YOUR PERIL!!!

3  Thank starryjohn
Reviewed November 10, 2013

excellently located and everytime you need something it is either there or around.
the many pubs with 1$ or 0.5$ beer pints and around all kind of services. behind it there is a small alley with the best restaurants in the area and not too far is the old market during the day.
all in all you will always find yourself coming back here during your stay and not only for the pubs as the name says

Reviewed November 6, 2013

What a great atmosphere this area has, Plenty of restaurants, bars, interesting people, street traders, it has got it all. Was in a of 5 and we all felt safe. Food is plentiful and varied and as cheap as you want to pay. The local beer goes down well. I felt like I had stepped back in time, the atmosphere was so relaxed here. We were chilling in a corner bar when the electricity went out, all the restaurants and bars brought out lamps and candles and everyone was laughing and joking..fantastic time --a must do.