“Prasat Preah Vihear Day Tour” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bayon Guides

Bayon Guides
Ranked #140 of 790 Tours in Siem Reap
More attraction details
Owner description: Bayon Guides, is an established team of licensed tour guides, highly knowledgeable in the rich cultural history of Cambodia. We are committed to offering the best possible and most cost effective holiday for you and your family/group in Siem Reap and all around Cambodia.
Manila, Philippines
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Prasat Preah Vihear Day Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

I booked a day tour to Prasat Preah Vihear (with Koh Ker) from Siem Reap City through Bayon Guides last January 11, 2014. We left Siem Reap at 6:30 AM and the route we took passed by Beng Mealea. Since I’ve been to that temple before I decided to skip it and reached Koh Ker temple complex in 2 hours’ time. We visited several “linga” temples and the highlight of Koh Ker side tour is the climb to the Prasat Thom pyramid. Mr. Sam of bayonguides.com was very helpful in discussing the history of the move of the Khmer empire from and back to Angkor area.

Surprisingly, the road leading to the Preah Vihear Provonce is in excellent condition. The long drive gave a nice glimpse of daily life in the Cambodian countryside. My assigned driver is Mr. Khum who has more than ten years’ experience driving along this route and we safely reached Prasat Preah Vihear around 11 AM. All arrangements with the ticket office, as well as the SOP “standard operating procedures” with the temple guards were efficiently handled by Sam. It was a worry-free experience.

The temple complex is spectacularly located on top of a mountain with a nice view of both the Cambodia and Thailand. Uniquely ornamented carvings and embellishments decorate the temple. We finished the tour of the complex in 2 hours and packed lunch which was included in the package was served.

We returned to Siem Reap via a different route and passed by Anlong Veng in Oddar Meanchey Province, an area associated with the Khmer Rouge. We arrived SAFELY in Siem Reap City by 5 PM.

Highly recommended!!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank gioroan2014

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Preah Vihear day trip from Siem Reap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Having read about Preah Vihear on the internet, my girlfriend and I arrived in Siem Reap and found Bayon Guides online. I emailed them and asked if it would be possible to visit the temple and received a very swift response from Sam. The International Courts of Justice were due to make their judgement on the Cambodian/Thai dispute over the area that day. Sam came back to us straight after the judgement to say they could take us there and we set off two days later at the crack of dawn.

Our guide Vitou and driver Mr Khum were fantastic - the three hour journey flew by as we chatted about Cambodia and its history. They took us to the site of Pol Pot's cremation on the way to temple which seemed almost deserted and rarely visited by tourists like us.

Preah Vihear itself is simply stunning and the views from the temple overlooking Cambodia and Thailand are breath taking. It was the highlight of our trip to the country and we would recommend it to anyone. It is not the cheapest thing to do in Cambodia at 110 USD per person but Bayon Guides made it well worth it with their hospitality.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank CharlieD35
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Preah Vihear with Bayon Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have 20 years of experience on the ground in Cambodia, so I could well have simply gone to Preah Vihear on my own. But considering that the surrounding region is still an active military zone, with potential hazards including UXO, I decided that it might be prudent to go with an experienced guide who knows the lay of that particular piece of land. Bayon Guides was a very good choice for the job. Sam customized the tour to take account of my preferences and desires, and handled everything smoothly and professionally. The driver was also very safe and professional. I highly recommend them. It was well worth the price, and their prices are very competitive with other outfits offering similar services.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank CaptainZoodirt
Phnom Penh
“Guided tour to Preah Vihear”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

Quick tour to Preah Vihear (as well as other tourist attractions on the road, such as Pol Pot's grave, Tamok's house) booked through Bayon Guides. Departed 8 am from our hotel in Siem Reap, returned at around 6 pm the same day.
Everything was well organised, friendly tour guide fluent both in English and in French, safe taxi driver, good picnic, ...
It is possible to organise your trip to Preah Vihear by yourself, but if you want to make it easy or if you're in a rush, Bayon guides can do this for you. And Preah Vihear, although not the most impressive temple compared to the main ones in Angkor area, is very interesting to visit for its ambiance (military zone on the boarder with Thailand, uphill with stunning views of the Cambodian and Thai countryside)... a must do while you are in Cambodia.

Visited December 2012
Adelaide, Australia
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 246 helpful votes
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I had just finished our tour of Cambodia and we were pleased to have Sambath as our guide in Siem Reap after he was recommended by our daughter who visited last year. He was by far the best guide, whose vast knowledge of Cambodia and its history had by far exceeded our expectations. He has a good sense of humour, but I believe I did get the better of him. If you travel to Cambodia, don't hesitate to contact his company. Highly recommend Sam if you enjoy a beer or two!!!

Visited August 2012