“Less than average Indian food”
Review of The Indian

The Indian
Ranked #148 of 971 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Reviewed December 31, 2013

As a great fan of Indian food, my husband and I gave this Indian restaurant a try. It is conveniently located near Pub Street with nice decoration. We ordered Nann, Chicken Tikka, Paneer which were below average compared to those we have tried before. The Nann has a shiny coat and also comes thick which was quite tasteless and hard. The Chicken Tikka feels rough and not tender and the paneer cheese was not fine. Overall the price range was acceptable but food quality is not really great.

1  Thank Rubychan84

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We went to this resteraunt after checking the Dakshins Resteraunt which is just next by and rated higher in TripAdvisor.
We saw the menus and people eat in both resteraunts and decided to give it a try.

The food was really nice, we had the chicken thali and chicken khorma, both dishes were really tasteful, the naan was really good and the samosa was nice.
Price is lower than the other resteraunt in at least 2 dollars per dish and the food looks the same.. (Although we never tasted it)..

The service can be a bit better though, they weren't rude or something but a bit sleepy.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was craving for Indian food on day 3 of my visit to Siem Reap as I had tasted Cambodian food on the first 2 days and found that Cambodian food is not spicy at all. I ordered the fish curry set meal which included the naan bread, some lentils and other sidings. The fish was tender indeed but I found the curry a little bit salty although the other spices and amount of chili put on the dish is okay.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Excellent masala dosa and mango lassi. Went here twice after trying inferior dosa elsewhere. Would return.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Delicious and authentic Indian food that everyone in my group liked. They also have an ok selection of wine. Great staff. I would definitely go back!