“probably the best indian”
Review of The Indian

The Indian
Ranked #131 of 913 Restaurants in Siem Reap
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Asking around at hotels and bars this seems to get the most recommendations for indian food in Siem Reap and it is certainly the best I have had there in several visits. Authentically prepared and with a good range of classic dishes. A pleasant alternative if you want a break from Khmer food.

There are newer reviews for The Indian

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Finding good, clean and safe indian restaurants is always a problem in a touristy town, but it's a challgenge I always take on, since I love indian food. I had quite a good meal at the Indian, which I say lives up to the good reviews in Tripadvisor, which have guided me to this place. The chicken tandoori and masal dishes were tasty, the meat tender and the masala quite fresh. However, the service was quite slow and we had to wait longer than expected to get our food.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The best Indian food we ever found in Cambodia, tried quiet a few&this one beats them all!!!!!
Nice staff, nice&clean place&extremely nice food.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have looked at some of the other reviews of this place, and I guess I must have caught them on a really bad day. I was very unhappy about the meal I had here.
I ordered several dishes, and after some considerable time, the fisrt arrived. After some more time, the second arrived. This process continued, until after 15 minutes there were all but one of the dishes that I ordered on the table infront of me. By this time, the first few had gone cold.
When I enquired after the missing one, to one of the girls, they simple nodded their head and dissapeared into the kitchen, to I assume find out what had happended to the dish. After 10 mins I again asked, but to the owner. He simply said I never ordered it. I know I did, because there was two of us there. He did not repeat back the order. That was his mistake.
There was no apology and offer to bring it quickly. He simply said, if I wanted it, he would order it. By this time, it had been over half an hour since I had placed the order, so I did not want to wait any longer.

It seems to be a process here. Not just this place, but other eating places as well, that the order is bought out peice meal. Not all at the same time.

The meal itself was mediocre. I am myself Indian, and know what good Indian food tastes like. This was not it. I would not reccommed it.
Maybe they had a really bad day - But they didn't help themselves by being rude.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

When we fancied some South Indian food and a change from Khmer food, we headed to The Indian - based on the reviews we had looked at.
The Masala Dosa was perfect and we were happy with all the other food we ordered.
The Indian manager/owner is always on hand, the place is very clean and well run.
We enjoyed it so much.... We returned again the next day.