eDreams
Vio.com
Richard W

Nice Hotel, Nice Swimming Pool

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 8, 2016
We spent 3 nights stay with this nice hotel. The breakfast was great, all waiters were very friendly and attentive. We always spent more time to relax at at the swimming pool since it was so inviting but a bit crowded by local people too. Location is a bit far from town.
Date of stay: September 2016
Room Tip: Request for the pool view
Trip type: Traveled with family
5.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
Visal2012, Director of Sales at Angkor Era Hotel, responded to this review
Responded Sep 9, 2016
Dear Mr Richard,

Greeting from Angkor Era Hotel.

Hope this email finds you a pleasant day and do have a pleasure flight back home. We would like to thank you once again and it is our pleasure indeed for you to stay with us.

Thank you for your valuable time to comment about us. We hope to see more of your feedback in the future.

Have a nice day!

2.5 miles from Angkor Era Hotel
2.6 miles from Angkor Era Hotel
2.6 miles from Angkor Era Hotel
View more hotels in Siem Reap
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2016

Angkor Era Hotel is so beautiful. I love amazing pool and restaurants. First class food and Excellent service all staff. The large rooms are beautifully decorated, the beds comfortable and the bathroom lovely. This hotel is great value.
Mr,Saray is good driver and good coordinator for me. I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff was polite and helpful. I loved the lobby, so gorgeous! The greeting at check in made me feel so warmly welcomed. I would recommence this hotel to everybody.

Room tip: Deluxe room
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
SiemReap, Sales Manager at Angkor Era Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2016

Dear Eiji A,

Greetings from Angkor Era Hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and offer the excellent comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

The Management Team

Reviewed May 5, 2016

Nice warm welcome smile, staff always willing to help and absolutely kind and authentic. Angkor Era Hotel was was the best welcome to cambodia experience for me.If I ever come back to Siem Reap, this is the Hotel I will stay in and I would recommend it it to everybody ever visiting Siem Reap. Probably the best Hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room tip: A room overseeing the swimming pool can be a good choice.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
SiemReap, Sales Manager at Angkor Era Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Dear Fidel O,

Thank you for staying with us and a very great comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Angkor Era Management Team

Reviewed April 21, 2016

The room was very spacious so comparatively, the TV was not big enough if we lied on the bed to watch it. However, the bed is comfortably and there were enough sports / leisure tv channels.
Service of hotel staff is great . The pool is big and lovely with a poolside bar. Not many people swim there so you could enjoy and relax after going out under the sun.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
SiemReap, Sales Manager at Angkor Era Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Dear Ling,

Thank you for staying with us and offer the good comment.

We look forward to welcome you back again in the future.

Vuthy

Reviewed December 9, 2015 via mobile

My wife & I booked a room at the Angkor Era Hotel as part of our Cambodia tour for 2nights & were very pleased with our room which was an excellent size & furnished beautifully. The rain drop shower head poses problems with anyone taller than 5"6 as it is very low however . The bathroom does have a very nice deep bathtub though which is good to soak in after walking around the the Angkor temples all day. We only had buffet breakfast at the hotel as part of our tour package & were very happy with the quality of the food & the variety of choices. The staff were very helpful & friendly & the Hotel provides a very comfortable air conditioned car totake you to the airport for $22. They had an excellent cocktail special offer of buy one get one free also.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeffrey g
SiemReap, Manager at Angkor Era Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2015

Dear Jeffrey G,

Thank you for sharing us your great review!

We are doing everything to make our guests satisfy with our services and we are glad to hear that you enjoy with it.

We look forward to the chance to serve you again in the future.

Pov Vuthy
Sales Manager

Reviewed October 30, 2015

I planned on staying in Siem Reap for several months so I contacted the Angkor Era to see what kind of rate I could get on a monthly basis. The manager quoted me 65 USD per night with breakfast and extra 10 USD. Later I looked at Agoda and found the same hotel for 46 USD including breakfast. I knew he was trying to deceive me when he asked me how much I wanted to offer after I asked him for the best rate. He would rather take 46 for 1 night than give me a good rate for a month or more.
Furthermore there are many shortcomings to this establishment:
1.The staff speaks very poor English.
2. The hotel is located quite far from Pub Street and the temples.
3. The swimming pool is full of noisy Chinese and Koreans. (I used it twice)
4. The fitness center equipment is broken and in poor condition.
5. The fitness center staff insist on keeping the windows wide open with the air conditioning running. They can't understand how this is counter productive.
For the same money, Tara Angkor is in a much better location with better staff for the same money.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank Mike I
SiemReap, Manager at Angkor Era Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2015

Dear Mike,

Greetings from Angkor Era Hotel.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your interesting in our property.

Kindly please accept our deepest apology for having an uncomfortable experience here at ANGKOR ERA HOTEL. The information came to our attention and we deeply sad to know this.

We have done the investigation and found out that you did not stay with us. You only asked for room rate and walking around.

Anyways, please find our response to your comments as below:

1/ Our room rate
You saw on Agoda that the rate is only USD 46.00/room/night. I guess you did not click book on it. Please note that after click, rate will be increased to USD 56.00/room/night as it’ll add tax and other charge.

Our rate from October 2015 will increase to USD 90.00/room/night as it’s high season period and we provide you rate of USD 65.00 per night is already the special offer for long stay.

2/ Staff speak very poor English
We don’t think we have those kind of staff in our property because every staff was selected carefully from its department head and HR and they are well trained. Or you may have spoken with staff who not concern with guest service such as gardener.

3/ Swimming pool with noisy Chinese & Korean
Our swimming pool is famous in town. We not just have Chinese & Korean. We also have Western & local people using it. It’s the place where people enjoy swimming and relax. So we can’t stop them not to enjoy with it.

We apologize for any inconvenience to you and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely yours,