“Great location, good breakfast.”

Cheathata Angkor Hotel
Ranked #68 of 342 Hotels in Siem Reap
new york
“Great location, good breakfast.”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The location is great, close to the night market and the old market. Was within a 5 min walking distance to Pub Street- the happening part of town with good bars and restaurants. Some of the other good restaurants were within a short 5 min tuk tuk ride which are super cheap btw. Breakfast included is a pretty good spread - with fresh seasonal fruit selection, Vietnamese noodles and hot eggs. The hotel restaurant was pretty decent and surprisingly not that expensive when it came to lunch and dinner entrees compared to restaurants outside. Would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed in 3 hotels when I was is Siem Reap, this one would have to be the best. The hotel is ideally located within 5 mins walking distance to the Night Market, Pub street and the local "Old Market". The hotel was tucked away in the corner so you don't get the buzzing from the streets. A lot of local food around the area, all in walking distance so you don't really need to hire a tuk tuk.

The staff was extremely friendly and were able to converse well in English. They even offered to plan an itinerary which was an added bonus. I had a deluxe room to myself which was huge and can comfortable fit 3 adults with an extra bed. The toilet was very clean with a nice bathtub and they also have a rooftop pool.

Room Tip: Rooms are all great. 2 WiFi routers on each level ensures accessibility.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Cheathata hotel is centrally located in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The old market is literally one block away, less than a two minute walk. Everywhere else is easily within walking distance, such as triangle market, other markets and pub street (tourist trap, $$$). You can take a tuk tuk anywhere else further out for a few USD. Hotel does offer free pick up service when we booked, however since we were taking the bus from Phnom Penh we asked to be picked up from the bus depot instead of the airport, which they accommodated.

We got a deluxe suite room, three beds. Room was a good size for the three of us and excellent A/C. Lights in washroom are dim. Bed are comfortable.

We were halfway into our trip and I needed to do laundry. They charge by weight, USD$3.50 / kg. I'm sure they just send it across the street to the laundromat where they charge USD$1 / kg. I figure if I go through the hotel I would get better service, wow I was wrong, get ready for my long rant... if you don't want to read my rant, just skip to the end.

We were staying in Siem Reap for three nights. I gave them my laundry the evening of the day we arrived/checked-in. I filled out the laundry form asking for same day service. I didn't expect to have my laundry done that day, but the day after, since it was already evening. I specifically gave it to them that evening so that they could get it out early the next day so they had time to get it done for the next day. Well at the end of the following day, I inquired about my laundry and they informed me it wasn't done. Ok, I still had one day left, but I had no more shirts to wear. I had to wear a smelly shirt for my Angkor Wat tour the next day. At the end of the following day, getting back from Angkor Wat, I asked about my laundry again, and was informed it wasn't finished.

At this point I'm not too pleased, as I had checked off same day service on the laundry form, and it has now been two days and my laundry still was not done. Later that evening I finally got my laundry. The laundry form seems to be useless, as I had specific instructions to press only my shorts, and just fold everything else. I had also marked off the quantity of each item to be washed. Upon receiving my laundry, not only were my shorts not pressed, but I was missing a pair of shorts.

I informed the front desk of this, spoke to multiple staff, and told them I was missing a pair of shorts. I even showed them a picture of what it looked like. They were inexpensive shorts, but still wanted this resolved, by either compensation for them or taking care of the laundry bill, which was about the same cost of my shorts. They said they would look for them and let me know if they find it.

I was checking out the next day, with a flight to catch. They still had not found my shorts, so I asked to be compensated for them (only $15), so we could be on our way to the airport to catch our flight. Front desk staff was calling the laundromat, with one saying they couldn't find it, another saying they found it. I had spoke to the manager on the phone, who agreed to compensate me the $15, which is really all I wanted. At this point we were late to leave for our flight, and just wanted to be compensated and done with. Finally, some 20 minutes later, some lady walks in with my pair of shorts (I'm assuming from the laundromat), checked out and was on our way to the airport.

My complaint... laundry wasn't completed on time. I asked for same day service, giving them my laundry the evening of the day before, expecting it to be completed at the end of the next day. Laundry took two days to complete and upon return I was missing a pair of shorts, which in the end they eventually found and was able to return to me. Now if they had completed this on time and I noticed something was missing, they would have had time to resolve the problem, but since I didn't get it back until late evening of the day before check out, it turned into a big fiasco.

Don't get your laundry done here. Even though they said that this was the first time ever that they lost an article of clothing from laundry service, don't ridicule your client/customer and ask them to double check the items returned and make sure I am not missing something. I even asked for the laundry form back to double check all the items. Indeed I was missing an item, and I knew exactly what I was missing. The form wasn't even checked off by the laundromat against the items I specified on the form. So to question me whether or not I was wrong in missing an article of clothing is ridiculous, when I know exactly what is missing. Believe your client when they say something is missing from their laundry. If it were a much more expensive article of clothing, from much more demanding people, then I don't know what they would have done.

Hotel itself is decent, good central location, great A/C. Didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast or pool. Staff was nice and helpful, for the most part. Dim lighting in the washroom. Hotel itself is on a quiet side street, so not so much noise, but still central and close enough to the main roads.

Room Tip: Don't get your laundry done here. You may not get all items back and the service is dismal. A...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for two nights, lets just say it was a breath of fresh air. From being greeted with a glass of orange juice as soon as we entered to being given a map and given insight into siem reap everything here made us feel special. We had a deluxe double room which was a really good size and was very modern inside with all latest gadgets and of course not to mention beautiful clean bathroom that had a bathtub!!!! My girlfriend emphasised the happiness she got out of this as not many other hotels in cambodia have bathtubs. We used the pool everyday clean towels provided everytime and nice sun loungers on the top with excellent views. Pool is not olympic size but considering the amazing location of the place in the centre of everything is a welcome treat after a hot day bustling around. Breakfast was lovely from eggs bacon sausages etc to toast, jam cereal and pancakes. This place provides it all and the staff at this place hats off as they are so nice and friendly. We checked out today and went around the shops came back and they still let us use the pool and all facilities for free. If I ever come back to siem reap definitely staying again. Cannot recommend more highly.

• Stayed December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We came back from Cambodia last month. We had stayed in three hotels in this trip and this place was the best. We had a lovely time. The staff were superb friendly, great food, and lovely warm rooms. Would recommend this hotel. We would definitely stay there the next time we visit Siem Reap.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Victor M
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

If you come to Siem Riep this is a must stay! if you are looking for a nice hotel (new) with a great helpful staff. I live in asia and travel alot and I never meet a manger that takes care of his customers as this good man does! Most the time you would never meet the manger if you had a problem. I very seldom rate anything as excellent! But this place the location, the breakfast buffet, the staff, the room, with a young manger making it all flow so well! Gets a 10 from me!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Thai-Mike
Sunbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We did not pay a huge amount for this hotel so our expectations were not high however it was excellent in every way,

Superb staff who were very polite ,friendly , helpful and could not do enough for you

Rooms - we booked a superior but were given a colonial suite possibly as we stayed 3 nights. It was superb. Light bright and airy having a double aspect with windows on one wall and a small balcony on the other wall. Good AC. Superb bathroom wi fi and room comforts. Comfortable bed , beautiful clean sheets and towels etc Everything was very clean and was kept that way . 10/10 could not be better.

Swimming pool on roof was a lovely little haven , nice seating area , sun loungers plenty of towels and a small pool. Everything again very clean and tidy.

Breakfast - Again a pleasant surprise , good choice of hot and cold items and once again excellent staff to take care of you.

Location was good - a short walk from night market in one direction and pub street in the other direction.

When we checked out we were waiting in reception for our driver when the cleaner brought us a charger we had accidentally left in room.

Very impressed with this lovely hotel cannot praise it enough. Don't hesitate to book you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Any Room comes highly recommended
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple